Snarky Brides

Old-Timey Names

I just came across my family tree on my father's side. Here are some of the old-timey names:PeregrimeCorneliusSylvarius<br>RoyalOrinAbelLaurindaEbenezerAnna ElviraWilliam EvadnerDoes your family tree have any funky names?

Re: Old-Timey Names

• That looks like a family tree from a Harry Potter book.Bertha MayConneleaAmadeus
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ooh, Amadeus, nice!
  • I love Cornelius.We have Homer, Lacey, Ruth, Armond Leland, Emery, Obie, Auby, Alta Mae.
  • TSDTSD member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I kind of like Peregrime.
  • I have Elmo, Florita, and Clifford, off the top of my head.  Brett had a pair of twins in his family named Otis and Odis.  He has quite a few wierd names in his family, but I can never remember them.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • I have August, Neola, Hersheleen (sp), Hendalee, Margaret, Louis, Richard, Mary Ann, Betty
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The only one that sticks out in my memory is Honora Matilda.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • My great-grandfather was Tennis. Like the sport. And while its gaining popularity recently, for the past 5 generations pretty much every woman on my mom's side is either Claire or their middle name/confirmation name is Claire.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • We have a Bithia, a Virgillia, and a Ruth. Much much closer to me in generation than one would think.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • I forgot to include my grandfather's middle name was Aloysius.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I should know this but I'm drawing a blank.  My husband's grandfather was named Anton.  I kind of love that name.Also, I'm going to be singing the Barnaby and Cornelius from Hello Dolly for the next hour after seeing Bloomie's list.
  • MildredCleoStella Belle
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Couple more a bit further back:ClaudeAltaHomerLemuel
  • oh I have a cousin named Lemuel.

Book Review Blog

• GetrudeMaguarite
  • My middle name is old-timey :)  Too identifiable to post though.
  • Much much closer to me in generation than one would thinkYeah, none of mine are older than great-grandparent/aunt level.
  • Leander (uncle)  that could be his NA name, not sureIda  - great grandmotherValentine - gm
  • EdnaGeneLemuel Phineus

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • My grandparents are Wendell and Oleta.I also have Mabel, Lynette, Ransom, Dale, and Royal.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Ransom isn't an old timey name, it is an Ward vamp.

Book Review Blog

• No, no. That would be Rhansom.
  • I actually really like some old timey names... Shocking, coming from me, eh?!In fact, two of our top picks if we have a girl are Amelia (honoring my great grandmother) or Matilda (honoring H's great aunt)But there are plenty of weird ones only a few branches back on my family tree:  Octavia, Homer, Bertha, Avonelle, Wilma Jean, Ulysses, Gladys, Herman,  Fredricka (who married Frederick) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hm. The only one I can think of is Adelaide (no idea if I spelled that right). Other than that all I can think of are pretty standard Italian names.
  • I think Elsie and Howarth are the only old-timey names I can think of. Unless Eva is old-timey.

• I hope it's not old-timey!  :PRubyOivaArvid
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Roland, Marcella, Silas, Everett, Hattie.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Not in myfamily, but some of my best friends family:MinervaErmengildeEulalie (Lalie)
  • Peregrime -- born 1620Cornelius -- born 1682Sylvarius -- born circa 1660 Royal -- born circa 1760Orin -- born 1802Abel -- born 1800Laurinda -- born 1809Ebenezer -- born 1813Anna Elvira -- born 1830William Evadner -- born 1832The names get less weird after 1832.  Progress I suppose :P  There's a Lauretta born 1870, but that one's not so odd to me.  She had a sister named Kittie but I somehow doubt that's her given name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards