Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Red Oak Ballroom Norris Conference Center

Anyone ever been here before? My fiancee and I were surprised that this place was somewhat difficult to find when its right in the heart of Sundance Square. Never even saw it on The Knot's list of venues just came across it on a google search. Is it just not popular or not any good or just relatively unknown? Any feedback would be appreciated. Budget - 6000ish, preferably a little lower. 150 guests.

Re: Red Oak Ballroom Norris Conference Center

• Options
    I thought I'd scoped out just about every venue in FW, but I never found much information on this one. I checked Wedding Wire, but it doesn't have any reviews for this venue. I think it's just unknown. Definitely call and ask to see the place if you're interested in it. I'd be curious to know what it was like!

The 6k figure you mention -- is that for everything (wedding & reception)? On Weddingwire.com it indicates this place does the catering and beverages on site. In my experience (I initially planned a 10k wedding for 150) places where you could bring in your own caterer and alcohol were less expensive. But it totally depends on the place and their prices -- ladies on this board have had country club weddings that were more reasonably priced than my wedding turned out to be!

In case you want to compare, my favorite FW venues were: Stockyards Station (not BYOB), Fort Worth Community Arts Center, Artspace 111, Times Ten Cellar, 809 at Vickery, YWCA (all BYOB, except that Times Ten Cellar makes you serve their wine).
  • Options
    I thought I'd scoped out just about every venue in FW, but I never found much information on this one. I checked Wedding Wire, but it doesn't have any reviews for this venue. I think it's just unknown. Definitely call and ask to see the place if you're interested in it. I'd be curious to know what it was like!

The 6k figure you mention -- is that for everything (wedding & reception)? On Weddingwire.com it indicates this place does the catering and beverages on site. In my experience (I initially planned a 10k wedding for 150) places where you could bring in your own caterer and alcohol were less expensive. But it totally depends on the place and their prices -- ladies on this board have had country club weddings that were more reasonably priced than my wedding turned out to be!

In case you want to compare, my favorite FW venues were: Stockyards Station (not BYOB), Fort Worth Community Arts Center, Artspace 111, Times Ten Cellar, 809 at Vickery, YWCA (all BYOB, except that Times Ten Cellar makes you serve their wine).
  • Options
    6000 figure I think, according to the little attention paid to my fiancee over these numbers that hurt my head and make me sleepy, go toward venue/food/beverage/dishware/linens.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    That's good that you know that. Okay, so if you go with a venue that does food & beverage on site, you need to look for a place that's under $40 pp (6000/150) for both food and drink (assuming venue rental, dishware/linens, and bartenders are included in the price). If not everything is included, you'll have to subtract those costs out. And keep it a bit under 40pp, because there are always service charges/gratuities on top of that.

Hopefully I didn't make your head hurt there. I was the numbers person in our wedding planning :) My advice -- just go visit the places you think are pretty! If when they give you a quote you find it's WAY over your budget (like I did when I went to the City Club), then you come here asking about the best options for your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards