Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Quick -- Makeup Question for Today!

I had my makeup done this morning -- airbrush -- and I feel.... overdone?  Like it looks really dark on me with heavy blush and stuff.  My mom said she thinks it looks fine.  Normally I'm a minimalist -- mineral foundation, peachy cheeks, some eyeliner, and mascara, so this FEELS clown-ish to me.  She told me she had to do it much more dramatic than I'd normally wear it because it doesn't show up easily in pics.

Is this true?  Anyone else feel this way?  My airbrush stuff also kind of makes me look sweaty.  :( 
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Quick -- Makeup Question for Today!

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Airbrush is supposed to make you look flawless... I know that makeup needs to be a little darker, but shouldn't make you feel like that.

It also shouldn't make you look sweaty.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're probably just not used to it.  I felt the same way when I got airbrushed the first time for my E-pics but I thought it looked great in the pics (although I had asked for more blush when Kristin said I didn't need any more--I should have listened!)

Ask your photographer when you get there if you need to tone it down--most likely he/she will say it's just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm the same way, minimalist.   I felt like a complete idiot walking around all made over like that.  Everyone else thought it looked gorgeous though and it looked great and really natural in pics.

Re: Sweaty.  You may be able to use a light translucent powder or something if you feel you look shiny.
  • edited December 2011
    I freaked out the first time I had airbrush makeup done (for our e-pics) ... I kept asking H if I looked silly/clownish. I almost blotted some of the blush/lipstick off.

He assured me I didn't, so I didn't, and thank goodness! I looked great in the pictures -- in fact, like I was barely wearing any makeup at all.

I had airbrush done a total of three times, and one of those times it felt heavy to me (almost a little itchy). I made sure to moisturize before the next time. I know that's not much help since shiny is kind of the opposite, but just thought I'd offer that.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That makes me feel better -- thank you!  Yes, I feel RIDICULOUS in this.  I had to go into Target for some lip gloss and tried not to make eye contact LOL.  My mom said it looks fine and FI has assured me I don't look like a drag queen, so hopefully it's okay.  As long as it looks good in the pictures, I'm fine. 

And eyebrow threading... yeeooooooow!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I got my makeup done for B-pics, I asked them to do it very heavy and dramatic--over the top.  In person I looked ridiculous!  Like a hot mess.  But it translated to the pics just like I wanted.

You'll look great--I can't wait to see them!
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good that the pics came out just like you envisioned, stephiehall!  :)  I'm not a girly-girl so makeup just isn't one of those things I use a lot and as such, I felt really uncomfortable with the sheer amount of it that was on my face.  The intense blush really threw me for a loop because I didn't expect that at all.  I know how everyone on TK usually tells brides your dress is supposed to make you feel beautiful and that if you don't, that's usually a sign it's not for you.  I didn't know if it applied to makeup or not, but when I thought about it, I freaked out a bit wondering if the MUA really was right about the dramatic effect being necessary for pics or not because I felt hideous. 

It felt soooo good to get home and wipe all that crap off my face!!! :P  We'll see how the pics turn out in terms of the makeup... I'm crossing my fingers.

Thank you ladies for all of the quick responses -- I felt a lot more at ease.
  • edited December 2011
    I've just got to say, I'm so relieved to find out that so many other people on this board don't wear makeup! I'm used to being the odd one out (I wear eye makeup occasionally but that's really it except for photos). Thanks for the warning! It's helpful to know what to expect if I do get professional makeup done. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards