Snarky Brides

I had no idea what I was missing

I finally got new glasses!  Since I had been wearing the same glasses for the last 10 years, it was long overdue.  When I put on my new ones, I said, "Holy crap!"  There was a HUGE difference.  I'm still getting used to them.  So now I am new and improved Cali with 97% better vision.
"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton

Re: I had no idea what I was missing

• you know the drill.  pictures.
  • I hope you'll still want to be my friend when you see what I really look like.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • 10 YEARS?!?Can you see the leaves on the tops of trees.  I always find that fascinating when I get a new Rx.
  • ooh, congratulations!  I got my first pair halfway thru college and I was like, OH!  THIS is what people can see!  Amazing!  I felt like I was on LSD or something.  LOL and ditto to Expee . . . post a pic!
  • Pictures please. I am set to see my new optometrist at the end of next week. I am going to need serious help in picking out frames.
  • [img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2007/01/gideon.jpg[/img]I think they really accentuate my facial hair.  (I'll try to remember to take a pic tonight.)I feel like I have magnifying glasses strapped to my eyeballs.  I keep thinking the prescription is too strong.  I wouldn't be surprised if I could see through walls a this point.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • My god woman, 10 years? Had your prescription never changed? Did you get fancy no glare lenses? There's been so many innovations in the lens world since 1999.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I hated picking out glasses before I wore contacts. Since I'm super blind, it was so hard to see what I actually looked like with different frames on beyond 1 foot from the mirror.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Because his prescription hasn't changed and he usually wears contacts, until about 7 months ago (after incessant wife-nagging and sending him a link to that glasses site Moo sent) Lorne was still using glasses he got in Minnesota. Lorne moved away from Minnesota 14 years ago.Also, does the "reply" button keep appearing and disappearing for anyone else?

• I was AMAZED that stars actually looked like little pin points when I got my contacts.  I always thought that they actually did the starburst flare thing. Then I got Lasik.  I could see the alarm clock at 4:00 in the morning without groping around trying to find my glasses.
  • I haven't even seen an eye doctor in 12 years.  I don't wear glasses and I assume that my eyesight hasn't changed, but I should probably have it checked out at some point...
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Can you see the leaves on the tops of trees. I always find that fascinating when I get a new Rx. Leaves always do the same for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards