Snarky Brides
Options

Clothes question for the HR Peeps

I just got word today that two positions on my site are open and the leaders are interested in hiring me.  Both would be a lateral move to a totally different kind of job.  Apparently, hte leaders will be calling me to discuss things in a few days and I'll go meet them and see if I'm interested in the job, and if they're interested in me.  I don't think there will be a formal "interview" but more just seeing if I'll be a good fit.I work in manufacturing, so it's a very casual workplace.  Everyday dress is jeans, t-shirts, and steel toed shoes.  When we're meeting with higher level people, we generally wear slacks, dressier tops (no jackets) and dress flats and change shoes to go outside.So my question is, do you think I need to buy a suit with pants for this process?  Or at least an outfit with a jacket?  One of the positions is more of an office job, and they dress up a bit more than we do in the plants, but still not to that level.  Our requirements are shirts with sleeves, full length pants, and close toed flat shoes, so options for dressing up are somewhat limited.

The nerve!
House | Blog

Re: Clothes question for the HR Peeps

• Options
    Will you have any notice or will they just grab you?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Options
    They'll just randomly call me first, and I assume we'll set up something to meet face to face after that.  There's no set way of handling it, and it's just up to the leader.  I would assume that I will have some notice.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    then I would go and find a jacket that you actually like and might wear again. maybe in a color, dark green or something? and wear it with black pants and a simple top. The other option would be a twinset type of sweather thing.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Options
    we generally wear slacks, dressier tops (no jackets) and dress flats I think this is perfectly fine, especially considering the field you work in. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Okay awesome.  I've been meaning to pick up a nicer jacket anyway.  I've got a cute denim swing jacket but it doesn't go with most of my nicer slacks.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards