Snarky Brides

Bloomie

Re: Bloomie

• I'm pretty sure any information we've been given regarding any relationship specifics has been off this board.  maybe it should just stay that way.  Now I know Bloom kind of opened the door by posting a pic on a public forum, but damn.  We may have been given additional information elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it needs to be brought here.  This is just in response to Fent's latest post.
  • Bloom, I use that comparison b/c I myself have made bad choices and to say, "Would I do that myself?" isn't a good indicator because maybe I would.  That doesn't make it a good idea.Moo, simmer down.  I didn't discuss any details.  She just said she's dated this guy since July.  All I'm saying is Bloomie can do much better.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I think Fenton is just trying to show concern. As a friend, she has a right to be concerned, or is that not what we do anymore?
  • damn you biitches and your non-secret-secret boards!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not bringing info here.  Bloomie posted her revelation here, so I'm responding here, detail free.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • yeah.  show concern for a friend.  in a private spot where said friend shared her information with you, not in front of an eager forum full of spectators just looking to jump on anything juicy they can find.  I know we talk about double standards a lot on here, but think about it.  The info was shared PRIVATELY among close(ish) friends.  HELLO.
  • But saying anything at all here, where details have not been shared, just opens the door to questions and curiosity. Concern can be shared privately.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I agree, but I have to say that it is hard to watch people give lots of info and get lots of support off board and then bring a tiny piece of info here to get lots of "rah rahs" b/c people can't react negatively without sharing what they know.
  • then bring a tiny piece of info here to get lots of "rah rahs" b/c people can't react negatively without sharing what they know. I see this as a very valid point too.  SEE.  THIS IS WHY I AM SO WISHY WASHY.  Nothing is ever black and white.
  • First of all, I don't have access to 2.0.Second of all, can someone please delete me from 2.0?  Thanks.
  • Word, Cali.There's a time and a place for everything. It's not like this is your only forum to express concern. That's all.

• now you want to be deleted from 2.0???  wtf is going on.
  • Yeah, we could, but can't you see that it hard to ignore that people choose to share things here specifically to limit the reactions to only positive ones?  That's irritating.  Fenton--why do you want deleted?
  • woah.OK, so why bring something here if you are wanting to keep it hidden?And why delete fenton from 2.0? I don't even get why she was just "yelled at" when she gave no details. I thought we just had a post saying we should post how we feel about things and not sugarcoat. We changed that stance in one day?
  • Sure it's hard. But it's part of life. If something is shared in confidence, you keep it that way, no matter the reasons. ESPECIALLY in such a public forum. It's called being a grown-up.

• If you could just share all related info here we could determine if Fenton is wrong or not.  You know, for the good of the board, not because I'm nosey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Winged, Fent asked to be deleted for some reason she has not shared with the class.And there's sugarcoating and there's hinting at details that have not been shared here where, as tasty said, lurkers are waiting to jump on ANYTHING juicy.When in a public forum, IMO, you deal with what has been shared in said forum, that's all. It's hard and you may have to sit on your hands and maybe it's a double standard given the MS fishing expeditions into the lives of lurkers but damnit, I think most of us care for bloomie and don't want to put her in this shiitty position.

• The fact that most of what gets posted here is either partial info because the rest has been posted on 2.0 or info that everyone on 2.0 has known for sometime, it pretty weird lame to me.  If all your "friends" from this board already know your business, why post it here for the rest of us later on?  More opinions? A better reaction? To keep the board moving? Please fill me in.
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I posted that I am dating a guy.  The circumstances weren't part of the post because I don't really feel it's necessary to tell every fucking detail of the backstory.  I just wanted to share something I am feeling good about.
  • Being a grown-up means dealing with positive and negative reactions, not just picking and choosing what you want to hear.
  • People do that all the time regardless of whether there's another forum or not.  People always distance themselves from anybody who is less than supportive of their choices and hang around those who enable them.  What's the big deal if she gets a bunch of rah rahs?  It's not like it changes anything.  And you still have an alternative forum to express your concerns.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • [i]If all your "friends" from this board already know your business, why post it here for the rest of us later on? More opinions? A better reaction? To keep the board moving? Please fill me in. [/i] Because not posting the back story gets a positive reaction.
  • see, Mashed's post is precisely why not even concern should be brought here for a situation that was obviously so private (and nothing against Mashed, it's the perfectly natural response). I'm not "yelling" at Fent at all.  It just makes me wary of what I share in private.  I'm sorry, but it does.  It's that same thing about how you realize we're just internets friends but you get carried away and share stuff that maybe you shouldn't but you feel falsely lulled into some sort of "security".  well, maybe that's just me and me being naive, which I often am.
  • But it's nobody's business BUT bloomie's to share. Honestly, we've all put shiit on 2.0. Would anyone else like allusions to their private stuff to be made in public? Whatever Fent's intentions, it just turns in to gossip mongering when, once again, there is a more appropriate place for it.

• Word, Tasty. Word. Let's be naive together.

• I feel like there is a shit-ton of overreacting going on right now. Let's all take a deep breath and think about kittens or something. Here. Use this. [img]http://www.crapsonline.org/content_images/lucky-kitten-photo.jpg[/img]
  • So non-2.0ers, when you see a post and all or most of the 2.0ers remain silent and ignore it, yeah....
  • Word. Winged. Word. It was Moo's epic freak out that caused the drama explosion, not Fenton saying "Yo, I think this is a bad idea"
  • Agreed.  Fenton simply expressed a negative reaction with nooooo information.
  • All bloomie posted is she was dating someone. That's all. When it's implied that it's a bad idea to date him, I'm guessing people start wondering why. Winged, given that you know the backstory, you're hardly the one to ask when the collective interest of the rest of the board might be piqued.Bloomie, if I did start this, I'm sorry. I'm just very protective of you and didn't want it to go any further. Which it has. So I'm very, very sorry and wish I could take it all back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards