Snarky Brides

It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?

Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?

• Nebb, I want that so bad right now.  But my arms are tired from lifting.  I don't know if I could lift a frying pan right now :(
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    lol I love that feeling. That happened to me last weekend and I had issues washing my hair in the shower after.
  • Haha.  Yeah it's an awesome feeling but now I'm having the same problem with not wanting to shower because it'll mean I have to move my arms. 

After you, Number, and a couple other ladies talked about heavy lifting a while ago I've been trying to push myself more and more and get out of my comfort zone with lifting.  I've definitely been noticing an improvement.
  • koda - I friggin' LOVE tri-tip. They don't sell it down here. Well, they do sometimes, at stores like Whole Foods, but I've only seen it twice in the almost three years I've been here.

I live 34 miles from work, my morning commute is around 40 minutes, but over an hour on my way home. Miami has the absolute WORST traffic on the planet. I hate it.

Dinner tonight is some leftover Indian food. Curried chicken, palak paneer over rice with naan bread. I was half-tempted to order take-out, but am feeling indecisive and this is the only food that I don't have to cook myself.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NebbNebb member
    I bbq'd the other night for the first time this year and I got a wicked craving for an indian flavour on it. I think I might try marinating it next time with some curry spices and what not.
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    My total commute to work is 16 miles (I drop off H, but his work is on the way.) It's about 25 minutes in the morning and anywhere from 35-50 minutes in the afternoon.

Mehg- an hour for 35 miles hardly sounds like the worst traffic ever ;)
  • Thankfully, I have SunPass so I can take the express lanes and bypass a lot of traffic on the way home. But, before I got that, my afternoon commute would take almost two hours.

And when there's an accident, it's a nightmare. I got home at 5:30pm on Wednesday, and I get off work at 3pm. There was a rollover on I-95 and they had 4 of the 6 lanes closed down. Then yesterday, it took me 45 minutes to go 2 miles to the off-ramp to where I had to be for the color guard event I had to be at. Thankfully, I gave myself time just in case of an accident, so I wound up only being 10 minutes late.

Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Mehg, can I ask you a weird question?  Do you run after you get in to work in the morning?  Like, you get in to work, do some stuff in the office then get to go work out and blow off some steam and come back to your office?  Or do you work out before you go in?

I don't know why I'm curious but it seems like it would be a pretty cool perk to be able to take off to work out for an hour or so.  
  • edited March 2012
    Yep, we're allowed 1 hour of workout time three times per week, sometimes every day at our supervisor's discretion. It's required of us to work out three times per week, but it's not taken seriously by a lot of folks. We can either go first thing in the morning, or combine it with our lunch.

ETA: Oh, and I usually get in at 0630, check to see if there are any hot issues that need to be taken care of in the office, and then make sure everyone's in on-time (I have to let our supervisor know if anyone comes in late), and then head out at 0700 for my workout.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Just finishing home made baked mac n cheese.  Is it weird that I've never made it before?  Also, I'm trying to make myself feel better about eating it by adding broccoli to it and having a lot of broc on the side ;)
  • That's awesome.  I bet it's really nice to step away from everything and release stress that way.  
  • Hi, it's CCF. I made a new SN since the old one was associated with my ex.

How has everyone been? I miss you guys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • Im here watching WHo Do You Think You Are.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I wish I liked running.  I really really hate it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_it-took-me-an-hour-to-drive-home-and-there-still-no-new-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1359083f-4ed9-4e0d-8a1c-de1f9b913d7dPost:c69dc011-ddc7-4e66-8934-f1bc5781219c">Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im here watching WHo Do You Think You Are.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I always forget that god damn show is on!
  • My commute now is about 15 minutes. It's not bad at all. But I do leave at 7am and get off at 4 so I miss the key commute hours here. AND I'm traveling in the opposite direction than most people do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • NebbNebb member
    SO  i have some kinda not really news. I was toying with starting up the etsy store ive wanted to do for a while when I thought I was going to be outta a job and I decided (with some persuasion from some people) to just do it anyways. Im going out tomorrow to start figuring out costs for the things I want to make so I can get started on setting the shop up (its already THERE, ive just never used it).

Im super freaking excited :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_it-took-me-an-hour-to-drive-home-and-there-still-no-new-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1359083f-4ed9-4e0d-8a1c-de1f9b913d7dPost:6d61d2aa-08c5-49af-bd02-a8dea91fb24a">Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I liked running.  I really really hate it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

ditto and ditto.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_it-took-me-an-hour-to-drive-home-and-there-still-no-new-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1359083f-4ed9-4e0d-8a1c-de1f9b913d7dPost:61eceeca-f065-4187-a5b9-31e46e494c9d">Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads? : I always forget that god damn show is on!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I love this show, but im seriously side-eyeing this dude.  He is "shocked" to find out his ancestors were slaves.  Like, cmon dude.  If you are black and you ancestory goes back generations, chances are that some of them were slaves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay Nebb!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    Who is it blue?
  • NebbNebb member
    I want to do felt thingies, paintings, sell some of my photography, other little crafty things.
  • A football player.  Jerome Bettis.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    Thanks :) I need to just do it. I used to paint all the time and just got out of the habit but I still have all of the supplies for the most part. So why not!
  • yay nebb! I'm glad you're going to do it :)
  • NebbNebb member
    I cant believe its only 8:40, it feels so much later for some reason. Im tired!
  • NebbNebb member
    I always feel weird going to bed early on friday night. I dont know why though, I never go out and do anything, but I feel like im "supposed" to stay up late or something lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_it-took-me-an-hour-to-drive-home-and-there-still-no-new-threads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1359083f-4ed9-4e0d-8a1c-de1f9b913d7dPost:1975e29c-f8d8-4b4f-acfe-06b06902aedf">Re: It took me an hour to drive home and there still no new threads?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cant believe its only 8:40, it feels so much later for some reason. Im tired!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

It's only 7:45 here and I'm fighting to stay awake. I may just give in soon, since we're getting up early tomorrow.
  • NebbNebb member
    lol thats no surprise youre falling asleep steph, this baby is making you a huge sleepy head.
  • Ditto on the going to bed.  FIs family is coming tomorrow and I have tons of cleaning to do.  I always stay up pretty late on Friday but since I have a lot to get done before they arrive tomorrow bedtime is probably very soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards