Snarky Brides

Nude Pic on FB

OMG, I am completely beside myself right now. I got on Facebook and guess what was the first thing posted on my home page today?

A nude picture of an old dancing buddy and her "streaking buddy." I can see nipple and pubic hair. I think I'm going to barf.

She's 18-19 years old. I can't believe it. Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to post something like that on Facebook??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Nude Pic on FB

• Oh jeez. I don't even like bikini shots online. Let me guess, her profile is public?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:fa04c3bc-60d7-436a-aa42-ae6544c793f8">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh jeez. I don't even like bikini shots online. Let me guess, her profile is public?
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it is. I should clarify, I can't actually see her vag, but I do see the pubic hair right above it. She has her arms crossed, but one of her boobs is completely out. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not to mention that I can see the guy's pubic hair and all. UGH.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ewwwww. That's an automatic de-friend for me. Yuck.
  • BunnyChiiBunnyChii member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:7b1393ee-0089-4233-ac1d-41040a400870">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE] That's an automatic de-friend for me. Yuck.
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE
    <div>
    </div><div>I reported the photo to FB. People were telling her that she was going to be banned and she kept saying, "Well, I hope not."</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know if it's because I just reported it or because she was worried, but the picture was JUST deleted.</div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously, though, I danced with this girl for years. Now I'll never be able to get that picture out of my head. Uggh....</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Report and defriend. Immediately.
  • And now she's asking who reported her picture. Really.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Honestly, I would de-friend over c-section pics or baby poop status updates, but besides that it would take a lot to offend me. Streaking pics aren't that big of deal to me. On FB, yeah, that's gross, but, meh.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:d3fdf708-d2a6-4ff7-97d2-013de4f60c60">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]And now she's asking who reported her picture. Really.
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

I'd probably tell her it was me, but I'm a bitch like that.
  • That wouldn't really offend me, but it's a pretty stupid thing to do, and I would report it.  More for that person's good than mine, though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:4d8eb1a7-4cef-4df2-9e38-12cf90774cfd">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]That wouldn't really offend me, but it's a pretty stupid thing to do, and I would report it.  More for that person's good than mine, though. 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know if she realizes just how stupid it is to post something like that on FB. I'm not 100% surprised - if anyone were to post something like that on FB, I would bet on her. </div><div>
    </div><div>So maybe I'm a prude or something, but seeing a nude pic of her (not to mention this strange guy I've never seen) and having that be on my home page kiiiiiiiiinda upsets me.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:18c2abfb-1876-4e55-badb-8ee566c244dd">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I would de-friend over c-section pics or baby poop status updates, but besides that it would take a lot to offend me. Streaking pics aren't that big of deal to me. On FB, yeah, that's gross, but, meh.

I don't mind seeing nekkid pics of friends. It's just the whole thing of something like that being on FB that trips me out. I seriously don't think that some people really think through what they put on FB.
  • That pic will be on the net forever now!!
    As long as one person saved that pic, it's out there forever. I won't even send 'sexy' txt pix to my FI for fear of his cell being stolen or anything like that...but I'm a prude. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:e55a29c0-f2be-47b6-8c63-153f688b48c1">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]That pic will be on the net forever now!! As long as one person saved that pic, it's out there forever. I won't even send 'sexy' txt pix to my FI for fear of his cell being stolen or anything like that...but I'm a prude. lol
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I don't send sexy pics to my FI. I may have done it once or twice during the time we've dated, but I always make him delete them the next day or so. I'm not a prude, just super paranoid. Then again, so is he. He deleted his FB and all other networking sites because he knows how easy it would be for someone to hack into his account.</div><div>
    </div><div>The thing is, her pic was up there for just less than an hour. People would have had plenty of time to get that pic. That's kinda what I was thinking when I first saw it - doesn't she realize that someone could easily just save it to their computer and do whatever they wanted with it?

</div><div>I've seen streaking pics on FB that didn't really bother me. But they didn't bother me because the guy was running in the picture, facing away from the camera, with a smiley face placed over his behind. This pic was just them standing there, posing for a picture with nothing really covered up. In a house. It looked more like "sexy time" than "streaking."</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nude-pic-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1f49b978-0c19-49b8-ac10-b3b02ff2489cPost:18c2abfb-1876-4e55-badb-8ee566c244dd">Re: Nude Pic on FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I would de-friend over c-section pics or baby poop status updates, but besides that it would take a lot to offend me. Streaking pics aren't that big of deal to me. On FB, yeah, that's gross, but, meh.

I agree with this. I'd seriously side eye but why defriend?
  • I'd tell her Mom, because at 18 we don't have the best decision making skills.
     Yes, bitchy. But I'd do it.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Id probably just laugh at her and tell her that her boobs were lopsided or something. Its just a naked body.
  • BunnyChiiBunnyChii member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    For the record, I didn't defriend her.

I did report her picture and it was apparently taken down. She posted a pissy status update, asking who reported her photo. I didn't say anything and I'm just going to leave it that.

I side eye a lot of things she's done, but we're not that close, so I figure it's not my place. I usually don't look at her at FB, but that picture was the first thing posted on my home page. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have even seen it.

She did try to reconnect recently, but after that, I feel a little uncomfortable. Call me a prude if you wish, but I really don't want to see nude pics of someone on FB, along with the random naked dude in the pic. 

ETA: This wasn't a picture in an album she made or anything either. She posted it right on her wall. She wanted people to see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• See, if someone was dumb enough to post a naked picture of themselves on FB, I'd assume they're dumb enough for me not to be friends with them anymore.
  • You likely weren't the only one that reported it.  I don't find nudity offensive, but it has it's place - and facebook isn't one of them.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards