Snarky Brides

Um hello?!

Where ARE you people?!

I just got finished making desserts for my husbands christmas party tonight, even though im not going. As a compromise I made macaroons for the first time and they turned out fantastically, i just finished dipping them in chocolate. I love making new things for the first time and not effing it up lol

What are you all up to?

Re: Um hello?!

• I am sitting on the couch, trying to narrow my search for a real estate agent, watching Diners Drives-Ins and Dives while DH plays angry birds.  Oh, and I still feel like ass. Time for more Buckley's Complete.

Also, I want a macaroon. 
  • Yo yo yo!

We just got home from house hunting.  House hunting is hard work.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Find anything you like J??
  • My niece and I are watching Armageddon, I just finished explaining to her why Uranus jokes are so funny, we're snacking on baby dill pickles and green olives, and she's decided she hates Sarah McLaughlin for her "Eyes of an Angel" ASPCA ad.  It made her cry.

After she leaves I'm going to make cocoa and reorganize the bathroom closet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:b34fe52e-85d5-49b4-b4c6-3d003520948a">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yo yo yo! We just got home from house hunting.  House hunting is hard work.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>yes it is! We only looked at two today.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • I really dont "get" my husband sometimes. I tried urging him to wear one of the nice sweaters or tops I got him for christmas and instead he chose a 5 year old band shirt, a hoody that hasnt been washed since the sunday before last (which has dog hair on it), his dirty nicotine stained hat and argued that he "shouldnt have to dress up, no one else is". Why not just roll around in fucking garbage then, its the same thing. I just dont get it.
  • How is the house hunting going?

I just got home from the gym and am eating pizza pasta salad before H and I go out on a walk-it is gorgeous out here today!
  • We found one that I like, and H really likes...but it didn't feel like "home" to me.  I know that sounds dumb, but we looked last weekend at one, and as soon as we walked in it just FELT like it could be our house.  It's at the top of our price range though, and the basement isn't finished, which sort of sucks.  If we decide we want to do a bit more of an investment though, it would be perfect.  Though today's basement wasn't finished either--and this one only had one floor of finished living space, vs two in last weekend's house (for a total of three stories when all is finished).

But we DID find a realtor, I think!  And get pre-approved.  So now the fun really begins.

• Hello :)

J&K I love your siggy picture and that's so exciting about house hunting. I had a mom date this morning, we both went and got hair cuts, went for a hike and did groceries. I really need to do ALOT of reading but I'm so not in the mood. It is really beautiful and sunny so all I wanna do is play outside.

Rented the new planet of the apes movie to watch tonight. Making this really yummy (hopefully) pea salad, mashed potatoes and meatloaf. Baby shower is tomorrow so I'll be making yummy wraps to bring to that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nebb,

Someone on my FB just posted this link for dress pants made out of jogging pant material. Perhaps for tonight?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:ce923444-8d0b-40ab-8e63-1e6b724bdfdb">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, Someone on my FB just posted this link for dress pants made out of jogging pant material. Perhaps for tonight? LINK
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I'd like them better without the "knee pad" looking part</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for house hunting! My dad is a Realtor so I'm glad that I don't have to do the hunt for one when we get to the point of buying.

I'm at work doing lesson plans and straightening up my classroom.  I was in the copy room making copies and a toilet in the men's bathroom starting flushing.  There's only 3 of us here right now and we're all women and the other two were in their rooms... So now I'm a little freaked out and hiding out in my classroom for awhile.

• Evening ladies!

We're watching Sling Blade and H is playing Angry Birds also.He's addicted.

Really have to figure out whats for dinner...

Jes-How exciting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know this isn't a confessions thread but I LOVE the shitt ____ say videos. They almost all make me laugh and some make me howl. I don't care if they are over done, I still love em.
  • Edie, our "must have" list is: 3+ bedrooms, 2+ baths, a nice, biggish kitchen with plenty  of counter and cabinet space, decent closet space, and at least a 2 car garage.  And it must be fairly turn key.

Our "would be really nice" list is: 4-5 bedrooms, two living areas (really common in houses around here), a lower level walkout (also really common), deck, fireplace, 3 car garage, big walk in closets.

Our "no way" list is: less than 2 full baths, small kitchen, needing work done right away, and anything that's dangerous for the cat (like one house today had a little lofted living room, where she could jump to a window sill that was a good 12 feet above the dining room floor.  She'll do it, and she'll fall at least once.  Not a chance we're willing to take.

• edie: not having to do much before you move in...
  • Yup, what Number said!  We're not handy, we want it ready to be moved into without having to renovate!  We're looking at mostly newer houses anyway (the oldest house we've looked at was built in 2004) so most of them are pretty move-in ready.

• lol those are hideous numbers, why are there so many panels?

Our ideal house is older with character or newish (last 10-15 years), 3+ bedrooms, atleast 2 bathrooms, a large kitchen, a driveway and a large fenced in back yard for the dog and for me to garden. Beyond that I havnt really thought too much about what we want. I would prefer if the basement was finished too but I wouldnt write a house off if it wasnt. I also am really sticky about locations, there are little pockets all over town I would consider and others I wouldnt drop dead in. Im such a snob about my city lol
  • Oh, yeah, we're totally location snobs too.  And all of our preferred locations have really snobbish names too.  Like "Country Club Manor" "Diamond Ridge"  "Kingsbury" "Manor Woods."  I feel like an ass saying "Oh, we live in Diamond Ridge."  There are some ROUGH areas here, and location is super important to us.

I've been noticing little things like light fixtures and hardware.  You know, the easiest things to change.  *eyeroll*  And for some reason, I have an intense, severe hatred of chain link fences.  They make me cringe, and I keep trying to say "not a deal breaker" but my god, I hate them so much!  I'm pretty much the worst house buyer ever.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:a2bb54fa-49bd-4d42-90e9-35581edbb252">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How is the house hunting going? I just got home from the gym and am eating <strong>pizza pasta salad</strong> before H and I go out on a walk-it is gorgeous out here today!
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds yummy!</div><div>
    </div><div>I am working today. We took yesterday off for a meeting with the bank and some other errands so I didn't get much done yesterday so today I get to work. I am also watching Holmes Inspection. THe stuff he manages to find in people's houses always freaks me out. I couldn't imagine being one of the homeowners. </div>
  • So if I am being honest about what we could get for our area in our price range I would be happy with: 
    - 3 bedrooms upstairs, 2 full bathrooms upstairs
    - powder room downstairs
    - at least a single car garage
    - finished basement with at least one decent sized room for a playroom 
    - kitchen that doesn't need to be reno-ed
    - hardwood floors on the main.

We saw a house like this today but it is a row house and that isn't what we were hoping for. It needed almost no work though and was well within our pricepoint. But it is likely to sell this weekend and we aren't quite there yet. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:9e0ee697-771b-4cca-81e7-266e0ad6d8ef">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, yeah, we're totally location snobs too.  And all of our preferred locations have really snobbish names too.  Like "Country Club Manor" "Diamond Ridge"  "Kingsbury" "Manor Woods."  I feel like an ass saying "Oh, we live in Diamond Ridge."  There are some ROUGH areas here, and location is super important to us. I've been noticing little things like light fixtures and hardware.  You know, the easiest things to change.  *eyeroll*  And for some reason, I have an intense, severe hatred of chain link fences.  They make me cringe, and I keep trying to say "not a deal breaker" but my god, I hate them so much!  <strong>I'm pretty much the worst house buyer ever.
    </strong>Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I dont think this is true! Do you ever watch House Hunters?

And I hate chain link, I love the look of wood fence, or even split rail.
  • A powder room is a half bath, right?  Toilet and sink?  I'm so happy we live in a low COL area.  It makes me want to cry to see what condos and attached houses go for on Property Virgins in areas like Toronto and Boston.

Edie, I'm so glad school districts aren't something we have to worry about.  That would make things 10x harder here.  We'd honestly probably move out of the city proper if we were planning on kids, because the schools here are...well...sub par, and rather dangerous.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:8cd4d4c8-0ced-48e1-b360-69a3b3bf1ced">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um hello?! : I dont think this is true! Do you ever watch House Hunters? And I hate chain link, I love the look of wood fence, or even split rail.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be a totally emotional chooser, seriously.  Before we started looking, I was all "we don't need a house that big or expensive!"  And of course the one I want is the one that was above my price range and GIGANTIC.  Because it's pretty, and it spoke to me.  I'm so lame.  Ha!

We don't care for House Hunters, but we looooove Property Virgins!

• Hiya.  I'm here hanging out.  I had brunch with a friend and then we got pedicures - maybe not the best idea when it's um.. .snowing outside, but my toes are pretty :).

I took a nap when I got home and packed a little bit.  I decided I need to wash the towels/rugs/shower curtain from the downstairs bathroom before I put them in a box, so that's about when I stopped putting anything in boxes :).  
    I think I'm going shopping tomorrow morning for a new suit to wear to my interview Monday.  Or at least a new jacket to wear with my black pants.  I gained some weight when I went off the pill and apparently some of it is in my chest area, so the jacket I already have doesn't quite fit right in that area.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:aa074063-e7da-461f-bd58-a2ac3ffb9046">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A powder room is a half bath, right?  Toilet and sink?  I'm so happy we live in a low COL area.  It makes me want to cry to see what condos and attached houses go for on Property Virgins in areas like Toronto and Boston. Edie, I'm so glad school districts aren't something we have to worry about.  That would make things 10x harder here.  We'd honestly probably move out of the city proper if we were planning on kids, because the schools here are...well...sub par, and rather dangerous.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>If we didn't have firm jobs we might move. </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, powder room is half bath - Canadian saying?  It's like a main floor bathroom for guests. </div>
  • We're house-hunting too, and it's kind of frustrating. The city we live in now is roughly halfway between my work and H's work, but we're not huge fans of living here. The city I work in is actually pretty nice, though I always swore I'd never live there. We've actually been eyeing this house, though: http://propertyguys.com/property/index/id/60724

And there are a lot of similar houses in that neighbourhood that are for sale. It's well within our price range, but still greatly overpriced for the area. It doesn't look like the owners are willing to budge on the price, so I guess H and I are going to talk about it some more.
  • School districts aren't just about if you're going to have kids to send to school there, they can also impact property values, and how easy/quickly you can sell your home when you want to sell it.
  • Sparky and i just got back from the grocery store. When he wakes up from his catnap, well go on a long walk. 

I want to house hunt... but we arent ready yet. Maybe this summer, and we'll be renting. Im tired of owning...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:d40d9172-ff45-4a5c-bfd0-b829b4fa5081">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]School districts aren't just about if you're going to have kids to send to school there, they can also impact property values, and how easy/quickly you can sell your home when you want to sell it.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhh, take your logic and go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards