Snarky Brides

Um hello?!

Re: Um hello?!

• Mara, try not to feel too bad. I get that your mom is upset but thats not really fair for her to "put that" on you. You didnt do anything wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:b445c971-46ba-4f2f-b7a7-62ff543786c5">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm drunk and I'm watching the Glee movie and I'm weepy. Today has been... weird. Little backstory: My BFF, who is getting married in September, doesn't not have a relationship with her mom at all, so my mom is kind of a mom to her. Well my mom had mentioned in passing that she wanted to go with us when we went dress shopping for BFF (I'm the MOH). We went to the bridal store today but BFF didn't have intentions of finding a dress since we'd been to the same store before and didn't find anything. It was a last minute thing so we didn't invite my mom since she lives an hour away. Well BFF found her dress. So I called my mom to let her know and she goes "Oh well I'm kind of sad that you didn't invite me." Then I get a FB message from mom saying "If you guys didn't want me there, you could have just said so. My feelings are hurt. I'll get over it, but not today." So now I feel like a huge asshole because we didn't invite her and she's upset. We didn't intentionally not invite her, it was just so short notice I didn't think she'd be able to come. So instead of being happy for my BFF I'm sad because I hurt my mom's feelings. 200 Knot points if you made it through this blabbering.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw, that sucks. You guys did nothing wrong, though. I'm sure your mom will get over it, but it still sucks. Maybe have her go with you guys to find a veil or shoes or jewelry. Make sure she's involved with pre-wedding parties. I know it's sad, but it will be fine.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:a60608c8-51ca-4b75-bcaa-ca2a82893199">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you explain that to your mom maratea? I get that she might still be bummed but I think the fact that it was an "accidental" dress find should count for something though. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    I did. I think she was just sad because she views BFF as a daughter and wanted to be there. I know she'll get over it but I hate that she is upset.
  • Oh mara that sucks.  I can totally understand why you and your BFF didn't invite her this particular time.  Do you think your mom would be happy if you agreed to take her back to the shop and your friend tried on the dress for her?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dj-  I pop in and out but my work schedule is a little wonky so by the time I catch up on a lot of threads they are already dead. 

I like the new area a lot.  It's pretty different from the Detroit area in some ways but I think I'll enjoy it once I get fully settled in.  I've been staying with friends until my work schedule is more settled but I've been looking at a lot of places and am excited to finally get everything worked out.

I'm also talking to the photographer I think you used.  Bobbi Rattai?  What did you think of them?

• Oh my sweet baby Jesus H. Christ on a cracker in Heaven.

I just finished Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  Stats from my HRM are as follows:
    Time: 48:03 (about 18 minutes of that is warm up and stretching)
    Ave HR: 167
    Max HR: 198
    Calories: 507

I burned 125 during the TEN MINUTE WARM UP.

I'm never moving again.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I love Insanity. I am ready for Insanity Asylum.
  • dj - im watching the episode where betty outs don, just watching him go from confident don to nervous diick is so spectacular. This episode is so good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:9b6ad5e1-1d93-4226-a66c-180debbb4001">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Insanity. I am ready for Insanity Asylum.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to do Asylum when I'm done with Insanity.  Maybe after I do Insanity twice.  But right now?  WANT TO DIE.

• Mara, that sucks. I think anyone would have acted that way in the same situation. I know I would have thought nothing of just popping in to a dress shop because what are the chances you'd find anything anyways? 

J, did you try P90X? I tried it and I wasn't too crazy about it. I am curious about Insanity but not if it's fairly similar in layout to P90X. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:10050a63-4d3f-43e6-bb37-7e64df167c7b">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She was great to work with and I liked her assistant as well.  They were super friendly and got a good blend of creative shots and traditional shots.  I also thought the price was really good for what you got. She was very flexible about things that changed, got lots of shots, and when there were some I wanted that weren't on her original disc of edited pics, she edited them and sent them as a second CD. Let me know if you want more info! Where is your new job at?
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Good to know.  I'm actually working at a major hospital/medical facility down in NC.  I'd like to keep the name off the internet but it's a place that has a lot of great opportunity.
  • That sucks Mara :(  I'd probably feel the same way, but I agree with everyone else!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:79b07180-14f3-4274-91ea-0dcb1517f865">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mara, that sucks. I think anyone would have acted that way in the same situation. I know I would have thought nothing of just popping in to a dress shop because what are the chances you'd find anything anyways?  J, did you try P90X? I tried it and I wasn't too crazy about it. I am curious about Insanity but not if it's fairly similar in layout to P90X. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

No I haven't done P90X.  Mostly because I'm terrified of the pullup bars that you hook on your door frames.  We'd like to do it, once we have the room to buy a pullup/dip/captain chair station (which will be the next addition to our slowly growing home gym when we move).

What didn't you like about it?  Insanity is sort of the same concept, except it's only 60 days, it's all bodyweight stuff, mostly cardio based, and the workouts are shorter (the longest one is 60 minutes.  Most of the first month's workouts are 30-45 minutes.  The second month is 50-60).

• Suzanne was really nice, I liked her. She was simple and could have made him really happy, the diick (name) side ofhim.

Hes talkng about his brother now and its killing me. I dont know what it is about when don gets emotional but it just riuns me.
  • My cat has been sitting in our new mop bucket for almost 40 minutes now. She's such a weirdo.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:71c77efd-2b28-403c-afd4-bb76c8a64140">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um hello?! : No I haven't done P90X.  Mostly because I'm terrified of the pullup bars that you hook on your door frames.  We'd like to do it, once we have the room to buy a pullup/dip/captain chair station (which will be the next addition to our slowly growing home gym when we move). What didn't you like about it?  Insanity is sort of the same concept, except it's only 60 days, it's all bodyweight stuff, mostly cardio based, and the workouts are shorter (the longest one is 60 minutes.  Most of the first month's workouts are 30-45 minutes.  The second month is 50-60).
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I didn't like that I had to only do P90X. I missed just doing Cardio or lifting weights. I also found the routines really repetitive, especially the yoga. I don't mind mixing in the odd P90 disc into my regular workout but I didn't like doing the whole program. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:bd4fb256-ff7f-45e5-8952-f5cc4248220f">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um hello?! : I think I didn't like that I had to only do P90X. I missed just doing Cardio or lifting weights. I also found the routines really repetitive, especially the yoga. I don't mind mixing in the odd P90 disc into my regular workout but I didn't like doing the whole program. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Ah, yeah then you probably wouldn't like Insanity either.  It's a rotation of the same 5 workouts for the first month, and then 4 for the second month.  Or something.  But they are KILLER cardio interval workouts, so if you could find them for cheap (I got mine on Craigslist) they'd make a nice addition to your collection as a good, intense at home workout to mix in!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:d4ac1360-c941-4a41-8a57-411c570fe385">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um hello?! : Ah, yeah then you probably wouldn't like Insanity either.  It's a rotation of the same 5 workouts for the first month, and then 4 for the second month.  Or something.  But they are KILLER cardio interval workouts, so<strong> if you could find them for cheap (I got mine on Craigslist)</strong> they'd make a nice addition to your collection as a good, intense at home workout to mix in!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that's a good idea. I wouldn't mind having them on hand if I want to do a different cardio that night or whatever but I don't want to pay full price. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:6b2eeee1-d4e5-4f96-8bed-c4522f438204">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Um hello?! : Oh that's a good idea. I wouldn't mind having them on hand if I want to do a different cardio that night or whatever but I don't want to pay full price. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Oh, no I definitely wouldn't pay full price if you weren't going to follow the program.

Hell, I AM going to follow the program, and I still wouldn't pay full price for it.

• Is there a diet that goes with the Insanity workouts?  Are you following it?
  • Hi.  I just watched a video of the Ab Ripper X routine that goes with P90X.  I'm pretty sure that the "Hip Rock 'n Raise" is actually impossible for humans to do, and the people in the video are actually robots. 
  • Whats that one exercise video by the insanity guy (I think?) where its just like inane dancing and pumping your hips. I love watching that infomercial.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:0534c49f-5f20-4ca1-a406-b98dd4dc6a22">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a diet that goes with the Insanity workouts?  Are you following it?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

There is!  I'm not following it completely but I am getting some meal ideas from it. 

• OMG that cat is so adorable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:a617cbb2-27cf-49cd-a92c-82dda9668385">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whats that one exercise video by the insanity guy (I think?) where its just like inane dancing and pumping your hips. I love watching that infomercial.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Hip Hop Abs??

I have Hip Hop Abs, and I'm totally disappointed with it.

• YES!!! hip hop abs. I love that commercial so freaking much. I cant imagine ever doing that on a regular basis regardless of the results.
  • And note that I said "watched a video" and not "did a video".  I just wanted to see if it's something that I could feasibly do.  My abs burn just watching it.  Holy shiit. I think I need something a little lighter to start with. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-hello-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2334707c-38ec-488e-bb9c-6d5b385bba20Post:4a03e1c3-6f7d-48a8-8301-c1b136130c39">Re: Um hello?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And note that I said "watched a video" and not "did a video".  I just wanted to see if it's something that I could feasibly do.  My abs burn just watching it.  Holy shiit. I think I need something a little lighter to start with. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]
    You need hip hop abs!!!!!
  • LP - I find if I watch them first I'm intimidated.  I need to just jump in, even if I only do half sets or something to start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards