Snarky Brides
Options

Morning and SS Reveal! (ETA: We're on TN now. Link in OP)

A few people requested we do this early early before work, so here you go! AW your gifts again, try to guess your SS, whatever you want. :) Did anyone not get a gift?? I know its super early, so this can just go on all day. Santas, feel free to reveal yourself if they guess you too! I'll post the whole long list later this afternoon.

ETA: Let's start here so people can post pictures.  If it gets all effed up again, we can move to TN.

ETA2: I figured it wouldn't last long.  Before this thread gets too long, let's move to TN.  (You can still AW here though? If you have already doen it, or don't know how to do pictures on TN.)

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/61318717/ShowThread.aspx#61318717

Re: Morning and SS Reveal! (ETA: We're on TN now. Link in OP)

• Options
    Morning! I'm so glad it's Friday and can sleep in tomorrow. Whisky goes to the vet for his annual and shots today, so that will be fun.

These were my SS gifts: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ss-aw-4

I ended up making an ornament out of the red decorations (took an old wire hanger and made it into a circle, put the decorations around it, then secured it with gold ribbon). The blanket is used every day and the chocolate is sadly all gone. And, of course, we all know how much I love VIn Diesel, ESPECIALLY as Riddick.

I already know Any had me, so thanks again any! I can't wait to tell my SS person I had her.
  • Options

Also, I'm going to share my haunted house story (sorry if you ready it on E already) because it freaked me the hell out.

I'm starting to think my house is haunted. First the alien shadow, and now this. About 3 am, I woke to a strange blue light coming from the foyer (right outside the bedroom). As I'm laying there trying to figure out what it is (without my glasses), I hear the theme song from 'Frosty the Snowman.'

Then I realized that the decoration on the foyer table was going off (this Frosty statue where you press his hand and it plays the song, he dances, and a snowflake thing lights up). This thing has not worked in 2 years because I never replaced the old/dead batteries. I pressed his hand when I pulled him out of the box and he didn't work, I tried last night after it went off, and nothing. I have no effing clue how it worked, let alone how it even got activated. I never knew the Frosty song could be so scary.

Add to that, a couple nights before H woke up to a knocking sound on the door, but couldn't see anyone when he looked out the window.

• Options
    Yeah, Sesh. I'm pretty sure your house is haunted... that, or Whiskey is possessed. ;)

I stayed up way too damn late last night, and I'm really regretting it this morning.  I already felt like crap all day yesterday, and now I feel like even more crap AND I'm tired.  At least it's Friday!

I know it's Nates from the address. :)  I'm super excited to tell mine if she guesses at all! haha
  • Options
    Sesh- that's awesome in a creepy way. That kind of stuff fascinates me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you know if anyone bailed on SS and didnt send their gift or AW their gift?

*rubs hands together hungrily* do we get to flame anyone :D
  • Options
    Here's my AW thread: LINKSIES.  I have NO actual idea of who it is, despite what I said in my thread. The clues were not sufficient. A detective I will never be. 

And I am really hoping my gift is received soon. :(

And I am late for work - well, not late but still here at home instead of driving already. Awesome. Good thing it is Friday. 
  • Options
    That would be awesome, chels. I hope they can come, or at least some of them!

I was surprised H's stepbrother and family came to our wedding since he never talks to anyone. Although, they did say they were only coming since they were driving down to Orlando that weekend for Disney. But hey, we'll take it.
  • Options
    Yay SS!

My AW post is here.

Thanks to the joys of shipping internationally I know that Les had me, which had me confused for a moment, because I wasn't sure if it was for this SS or our club board's SS.

Either way, OMG that chocolate was divine.  I could eat an entire box of the Rocky Mountain brittle or whatever the one that tasted like a Skor bar was.  And the chai mix?  Super awesome.  So so so tasty.  I'm also looking forward to using my new rolling pin!  Thank you Les!!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ss-reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25e35237-229b-4cfd-968b-bdbddb7a0eebPost:66368929-e4d7-4271-bed8-241c5029ff80">Re: Morning and SS Reveal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning and SS Reveal! : Sad day.  I figured the teacher from WI thing would give it away ;)  Plus there was a French line in the poem! It was me!
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, so here is my confession. I had no idea Milkwaukee is in WI.  It would have helped if I had remembered that. So some reason, YOU CAN'T ALL LAUGH AT ME, I was totally mixing up WI with MI (of course, MI would be Michigan right, not Minnesota?)  ANYWAY...I suck at figuring stuff out. </div><div>
    </div><div>THANK YOU CHELS!  I loved it all. The bottle stopper is going to be used for the first time this weekend!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>ps: Was that 70s show 'set' in Milkwaukee? All I can every remember in my head is 'hello Wisconsin'...  Either way, I suck. So slow these days.</div>
  • Options
    Here is my SS AW thread: clicky

I happened to accidentally see the address label on the package, so I know who my SS is (H was supposed to get the package and scratch out the address labels, but he sucks). But I can let her reveal herself if she wants. I'm not sure when she's going to be around though.
  • Options
    Just poping in-CCF told me the reveal is today, but I see Steph figured me out. I purposely didn't include a card, but I thought the address still would give me away :). I have no idea who mine is. I think they were from Montana, but I only know Jas from there. She asked me not to peek at the address, so I just peeked quickly.
  • Options
    PIRATE. It was me :)  I want to know if you thought that though, or if you really had no idea.
  • Options
    I am at work so I will also post a link. I hope it works, they always seem to get messed up for me. I have no idea who mine is. Step is the only one I can think of at the moment that lives in MN, but I could be wrong about that. It doesn't help me if so many people don't have their locations set. I know there are other people from that state, but I have no idea who they are right now.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-like-raynes-ive-eating-chocolate-diet-will-wait-week-ss-aw

I have had some freaky things going on in my house Sesh, so I believe you about the haunting thing. I think you are haunted, why else would a dead frosty suddenly work, and in the middle of the night when nobody is pressing the button. Maybe it's a child, and they thought it was cute. Kids are harmless. Right?

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ok are we moving or not, are we continuing to post here or not?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ss-reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:25e35237-229b-4cfd-968b-bdbddb7a0eebPost:d45a9326-ce8e-4059-a865-0dcd9a2c9379">Re: Morning and SS Reveal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning and SS Reveal! : ps: Was that 70s show 'set' in Milkwaukee? All I can every remember in my head is 'hello Wisconsin'...  Either way, I suck. So slow these days.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I think it was called Point Place. It was a fictional town.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ss-reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25e35237-229b-4cfd-968b-bdbddb7a0eebPost:38e5d888-8917-4e7e-aed2-78eee3f27100">Re: Morning and SS Reveal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I KNOW WHO YOURS IS PIRATE!!!</strong> lol I got this <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oooohh-look-got-today-ss-aw" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oooohh-look-got-today-ss-aw</a> - I have no idea who mine is from because it came without a card directly from an etsy seller :/ In other news, I have to go to a work party tonight at my bosses house (catered, whatever). My co-irker was bugging me yesterday wanting to know what I was wearing tonight - her first question was if I was wearing the dress I wore last week which I find really weird because why would I wear the same dress to two christmas parties a week apart (im not a clothes bum), but it leads me to beleive she has something up her sleeve. I told her I was wearing a sweater dress so we will see. I think shes honestly making me crazy.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Haha.  THIS MAKES MY INKLING STRONGER!
  • Options

Here's the LINK to my SS pictures.  The cookies and brittle are long gone and the tea rex has been busy holding the yummy teas for me.  I've got the ornament on the tree and have been using the body wash daily.

I am pretty sure that Mrs Anastasia Beaverhausen is none other than the fabulous, amazing Mehgank.  The return address matches her fb city.  Thank you again, so much I loved everything!

• Options
    I can't get to TN from my work computer, but I might say screw it and try to log on with my computer on our guest network. 

I posted pics last night, but I'll do it again because I loved my gift.

I honestly have no idea who my SS was. The only two people that I can think of that live in OH that participated are Saxy and kd. I saw that Saxy was already named as someone else's and if it's kd then she's super sneaky and had someone else send it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Steph, Whisky was sleeping next to me. It wasn't him!

Rhon, the house is from the 60s, I think. Not really in a historic area though.
  • Options
    Sesh- if you're ever interested in finding out the history, I think you can go to your town hall or whatever type building and find out history on addresses. We did that in college with our house because we swore we had a ghost. Does whiskey ever act weird like he senses something?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A 1960s house is old enough to be haunted.  Sesh, I told you on E/TN, but your house freaks me out.  And Frosty the Snowman is now a scary song.
  • Options
    Good morning!

My SS got me these awesome bookends that I love:

I don't have a good guess for who she is yet.  I have a couple ideas (and one strong inkling), and I know a bunch of people who it's not.  She did a great job keeping herself a surprise! 
  • Options

Saxy was my SS. She signed the card so I know. I LOVE my gifts and can't thank you enough Saxy!!! This was my first secret santa EVER and it was awesome!

I love the ornament! It has all 4 of my favorite sports team snowmen on it. (You can also see my Shaq ornament in the background. Haha)

And I haven't AWed this yet but she also sent me beautiful purple flower earnings. I'm a sucker for anything purple and it is the perfect shade. I wore them out the other night and got many compliments.

Thanks again Saxy. You kick ass!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ss-reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:25e35237-229b-4cfd-968b-bdbddb7a0eebPost:d6c14cbc-b243-4943-a18a-948709cc3c78">Re: Morning and SS Reveal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh- if you're ever interested in finding out the history, I think you can go to your town hall or whatever type building and find out history on addresses. We did that in college with our house because we swore we had a ghost. Does whiskey ever act weird like he senses something?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how our landlord built the house and has lived next to it since it's creation, we know most of the history (at least, that nothing American Horror Story-awful happened there).

Whisky was sound asleep last night. If there was a ghost, he couldn't have cared less. Sometimes he sits in the middle of the floor and stares at the air and howls like he's dying though. Maybe he does see the ghost. Hmm.
  • Options
    Hi all! I don't have pictures on my iPad but my SS got me thensuper cute clutch andna necklace made from anpage of a Harry Potter book! I absolutely love both things and think my SS rocks!! My guess is that it is LetsHike. I don't really have a good reason why otherbthen it just felt like it was from her. The return address was from VA which means it could be her, but I don't really remember where she isnfrom other than "near DC" Soo if I'm right then yay me! And thank you LH! If I'm not then good job SS, you are awesome!!! I know my person got her gift but I don't know that she ever AWed, I'll wait to reveal myself in case she wants to guess. I have to go to work and then we have our work Christmas party so Steph you have my permission to reveal me to my SS later :-) Thanks to Steph for organizing and everyone for participating! SS was so fun!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I KNOW WHO YOURS IS PIRATE!!! lol

I got this http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oooohh-look-got-today-ss-aw - I have no idea who mine is from because it came without a card directly from an etsy seller :/

In other news, I have to go to a work party tonight at my bosses house (catered, whatever). My co-irker was bugging me yesterday wanting to know what I was wearing tonight - her first question was if I was wearing the dress I wore last week which I find really weird because why would I wear the same dress to two christmas parties a week apart (im not a clothes bum), but it leads me to beleive she has something up her sleeve. I told her I was wearing a sweater dress so we will see.

I think shes honestly making me crazy.
  • Options
    Good morning!

Here was my awesome SS AW!

I have no clue who it is because I wouldn't let myself look at the return address!  Whoever it is did a fantastic job though!  The little gators are hanging prominently on my Christmas tree and will soon be sitting on my desk at work until next year!  I have gotten SO many complements on the necklace and well, all of the edible goodies are pretty much long gone ha!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-ss-reveal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25e35237-229b-4cfd-968b-bdbddb7a0eebPost:6ee7cf9c-200c-4cef-aa3b-28c1f9402cc8">Re: Morning and SS Reveal!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Here was my awesome SS AW! <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_haz-secret-santa" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_haz-secret-santa</a> I have no clue who it is because I wouldn't let myself look at the return address!  Whoever it is did a fantastic job though!  The little gators are hanging prominently on my Christmas tree and will soon be sitting on my desk at work until next year!  I have gotten SO many complements on the necklace and well, all of the edible goodies are pretty much long gone ha!
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

<div>Since you aren't going to guess, it was me. The return address is my sister's. I'm so glad you loved it. When I saw you post on FB about the coffee, I almost went out and got more and sent it to you but I ran out of time that day. I may still do so. USPS flat rate shipping is cheaper than World Market. I could cram a ton of coffee in one of those boxes. I'm glad you loved everything. Merry Christmas!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Woo-hoo, our first reveal. I have no clue when my person will be on. But I do know who some other people had so I am eager to see them guess.

You're supposed to guess, people!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards