Snarky Brides

Help us (hypothetically) buy a house.

2»

Re: Help us (hypothetically) buy a house.

• You will definitely notice more the second time around. If there is a basement, look for any smells, water lines, damn carpets or signs of water damage. Also look for cracks in the walls or ceilings. Some are normal, due to settling, but some could be problematic. Also, any water stains on the ceilings to figure out where it is coming from. Mulch next to the house could also mean termites, which they would have to treat. I agree with the storage. Make sure you have enough storage space.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hypothetically-buy-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:261785c4-b872-4abe-bc33-0968a720f638Post:d79228b6-b4a1-4dfe-bd7d-89d321ad8969">Re: Help us (hypothetically) buy a house.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help us (hypothetically) buy a house. : Oops.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

You are seriously retarded
  • Look in the cabinets so you know what you are working with.  Holy moses were ours dirty, and I was not mentally prepared to clean other people's years of food crap..bleh!  Also, open and shut the doors of the rooms and whatnot.  Make sure they shut right.  I also compared the room sizes by measuring them out with my feet.  We toured empty houses and they always looked bigger without the furniture in them.  

• *If the house could be easily adapted should an injury or illness occur.
    *If there is a house hippo hiding in your closet (bonus in my books).
    *In some places you are responsible for shoveling the sidewalk in front of your house for pedestrians. They may not be an issue where you live.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hypothetically-buy-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:261785c4-b872-4abe-bc33-0968a720f638Post:ab618390-f1bf-4aac-a14e-53d357bd4842">Re: Help us (hypothetically) buy a house.</a>:
    [QUOTE]*If the house could be easily adapted should an injury or illness occur. *If there is a house hippo hiding in your closet (bonus in my books). *In some places you are responsible for shoveling the sidewalk in front of your house for pedestrians. They may not be an issue where you live.
    Posted by JoelandLeann[/QUOTE]

What the heck is a house hippo?

And...is there anywhere where people DON'T have to shovel the sidewalk?  I've never in my life lived somewhere where we didn't have to shovel (except in a couple rentals where snow removal was taken care of by the landlord)/

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I don't have a sidewalk right now, so I don't have to shovel. ;)

But, they're talking about 'curb-and-gutter'ing our street this summer, so I might end up with a sidewalk afterall.
  • This house has a lot of sidewalk.  Stupid end of the cul de sac.  Good thing I don't shovel ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I don't have anything to add, other than (hypothetically) good luck J&K! :-)
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards