Snarky Brides

Good Morning!!

Happy Tuesday! Today is off to a bad start; I'm dragging some serious ass. I can't seem to pout coffee into my mouth quick enough. 

But, on another note, someone put a deposit on our apartment yesterday, which means we are free to sign the new lease and start moving mid-December! I'm not excited to physically move, but I'll be happy with the commute once we're there. It better not snow in NC in the next two weeks. 

How's everyone else doing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Morning!!

• edited November 2010
    Ranch! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you guys.

I'm dreading work today. I have to train a harassment class in the morning and then I have meetings all afternoon. Yuck.
  • I've been hitting the refresh button waiting for you to reply, Cew. I knew you were out there. *dun dun dun*

I think you should train all of them that harassment is welcome. Especially of the sexual variety. And ass-grabbing is incredibly important if they want to make their way to the top. 
  • I'm about to go to bed, couldn't sleep so been working all night.  Love mondays but at least now its tuesday so I'm closer to the weekend.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Good morning Rach!

This morning is infinitely better than yesterday morning. I feel like I have my head on straight today, haha.

I watched an assload of Glee yesterday (DVD and some that I had DVR'ed) and had major Glee dreams last night. Almost made me feel guilty when I woke up (hello Finn and Puck!!) but hey, I can't control my dreams!

I haven't had breakfast or coffee yet because I have a physical this morning at the medical clinic here on base. My dumbass thought it was last week, and I didn't realize it till I looked at the calendar as my tummy was growling. *sigh* oh well, looks like I'm sticking with water till around 0930.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:0c60b1f9-0892-4489-a274-81a99fd26e7a">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been hitting the refresh button waiting for you to reply, Cew. I knew you were out there. *dun dun dun* I think you should train all of them that harassment is welcome. Especially of the sexual variety. And ass-grabbing is incredibly important if they want to make their way to the top. 
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

My favorite part of the class is when I impersonate Hannibal Lector when I teach them about Quid Pro Quo harassment.
  • Morning. Congrats on the apartment, Rach!

Today will be pretty quiet. Some kind of HR meeting at 9, but other than that nothing special. I finished decorating my desk for Christmas but it still needs something. I might go to the dollar store and pick up some more of the little town statues they have to put around my tree.

H and I saw Harry Potter last night and I'm not sure what I think. Some parts were good, some were really boring, and others left me with lots of questions. I felt like it was missing something, but I did enjoy seeing how the main characters have grown since the first one.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:ae405560-f900-4c65-9fec-72a0f1a92dfb">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning!! : My favorite part of the class is when I impersonate Hannibal Lector when I teach them about Quid Pro Quo harassment.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Quid Pro Quo is my favorite. No seriously. It's the perfect set up. I grab your butt, you give me a dollar. Win-Win.
  • Totally random, but yesterday I asked Ben if he had any girlfriends and he said that he did. I asked him about them and he sighed and said "mom, it's complicated". Apparently, tomorrow is his 17th birthday, not his 6th.
  • Thanks, Sesh! I wish I could decorate for christmas....I think I'm allowed. I just have the desk the size of ...uh....real small desk? Ya. It's small. I'm often pulling extra chairs up when I'm doing big things like appealing cases (sounds important, eh)? 
  • Ah....young love! How cute! 

But holy crap, he's going to be six?! When the heck did that happen?
  • I know! He's such a big boy now. I can't believe it. He's so excited about his birthday. He woke up at 5 am and started taking about how he couldn't wait for tomorrow.

• Okay, it's official, he's like one of the cutest kids ever. I hope my future kids do/say things like him...if only for my amusement. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:eeab46c6-86a3-40d9-b85f-1e6d1698d0aa">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally random, but yesterday I asked Ben if he had any girlfriends and he said that he did. I asked him about them and he sighed and said "mom, it's complicated". Apparently, tomorrow is his 17th birthday, not his 6th.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Isn't "its complicated" a facebook option for your relationship status?  I think I've seen friends with drama-filled relationships switch to that from time to time lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Today is off to a rough start. It's absolutely pouring rain, and the traffic report says that everything is slow-moving. I'm not feeling good, and I'm really tempted to just withdraw from Tuesday for this week.

Cew - that's hilarious about Ben. My nephew is 7 and acts like he's 20, but he just gets mad when we laugh at what he says. It's pretty awesome.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:215d88ed-de04-4c6a-b599-f5cbf05d98c1">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is off to a rough start. It's absolutely pouring rain, and the traffic report says that everything is slow-moving. I'm not feeling good, and I'm really tempted to just withdraw from Tuesday for this week. Cew - that's hilarious about Ben. My nephew is 7 and acts like he's 20, but he just gets mad when we laugh at what he says. It's pretty awesome.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    Do you notice the heavy rain only seems to start RIGHT before you have to leave, too. Pain in my rear end. It seems like it is just constantly freaking raining during my commute to or from work (never during work, oh no, of course not).
  • No kidding. I'll probably see sunshine, rainbows and flying unicorns while at work. The rain will be sure to start as I put my jacket on to go home tonight, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:6330ce72-f005-4043-9cb2-495236d396f6">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No kidding. I'll probably see sunshine, rainbows and flying unicorns while at work. The rain will be sure to start as I put my jacket on to go home tonight, though.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    And then everyone on the highway will play the "ride the person infront of you's ass so you can keep braking" game, thereby slowing the drive down more.
  • Morning.  I'm here, trying to enjoy my really shitty coffee :(  Stupid place I get my coffee is burning it now because of new management.

Congrats on the new place, Rach.  We'll miss you, Cew.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good morning!  I'm having a great morning for a few reasons:
    1 - Our tree is tied with fishing line to 60 pounds worth of hand weights and it hasn't fallen yet.  AND only one special ornament broke when it did fall.

2 - Today is Chris and I's one month wedding anniversary (I know, gag lol).

3 - I'm going to our new gym tonight for the first time and I'm really excited about it.

4 - I think I've found someone to buy all of the wedding decor that is left over and she is picking it up this weekend hopefully!  Yay for having money for the holidays! ha ha

I hope you all have a great day!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning.  I started getting that scratchy sick feeling in my throat last night, and then barely slept a wink.  Boo.  I thought about staying home, but I'm really not that sick, so I'm here, exhausted.  I'm off at lunch today to get my SS gift into the mail, woot woot.

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • Good morning! I'm off to a bad start also.
    let's see, my 70 LBS. dog decided to poop in the house- his turds are massive! :(
    It's raining outside- gross.
    My freaking cable/electril bill went to $190 from $123!

I'm sure they day will get worse, watch my car not start-- i'm off to work.

Have a good day- see you ladies at 5PM :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning all. (massive yawn) I didn't sleep well last night. I guess I was up all night playing on the Knot.

I'm kind of jealous that some of you have different things to do on different days, I do the same thing every day, which right now is nothing all day, because we are slow. I would so give a seminar or appeal something any day to get away from this computer.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Love it, Cew.

Rach, where are you moving to?

• edited November 2010
    Hi Good Morning.

That's pretty awesome about the apartment Rach. It's nice to not be tied down to it anymore.

I am at work, FI is working from home and just before I left he spilled half a can of coffee grinds all over the counter and floor. So that was fun. At first he was just standing in the kitchen screaming, "SHIIIIIT!" Then he got to sweeping.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:4229d440-d49c-403d-86ef-43b8b7c9bd24">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I started getting that scratchy sick feeling in my throat last night, and then barely slept a wink.  Boo.  I thought about staying home, but I'm really not that sick, so I'm here, exhausted.  I'm off at lunch today to get my SS gift into the mail, woot woot.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I want to know who your SS is. There needs to be a reveal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-53?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26d4a1e1-b978-44c7-9e77-d90f9fb195f3Post:6d9ebf3e-53c4-497c-9e28-18467bfd1a85">Re: Good Morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning!! : I want to know who your SS is. There needs to be a reveal.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

As do I Nebb.  I forget when the planned reveal is.... 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • I'm back at work for the first time since Wednesday. Apparently, the ticket lady in Charleston made a major security breach when she let me on the plane - she took the ticket I handed her without looking at it, and took the large part, not the stub. She took my ticket from O'Hare to Des Moines (I handed the wrong one to her, and she didn't look at it).
    Fortunately, with ID and some other proof, we were able to get a boarding pass in O'Hare to replace mine. And the luggage was in J's name, so it wasn't pulled.

My grandmother was so overwhelmed with everyone and all the suprises. It was wonderful. I can't think of the last time we were all together like that. Her 3 boys and their wives; their children (5 plus their spouses/fiances/serious GF); and THEIR children (Andy and a little girl). Plus, my grandmother's "sister" was there. She wasn't a blood sister, but a cousin I think, and my great grandmother raised her from childhood (maybe adopted).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Good Morning ladies.

Congrats on the move Rach, I hope it makes your drive better.

Where is B with her lysol! So many sick people in here.

I'm so tired but its my PMS time when I could just lay down and sleep for a week. There is not enough coffee in the world. So I guess I just deal. Nothing new going on here. Just trying to get DH to get ahold of his crazy family so we know what we are doing for the holidays. Each of our sides require motel stays,and dog sitters. And he cant get that I would love to have that stuff done and put aside. Gah!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good Morning!
    I'm so sleepy today, I think it's the rain :( I did get a call last night that my wedding dress came in, I'm so freaking excited to go and try it on this weekend. 
    All of the SS posts make me realize I'm a crappy SS, I'm stumped on what to get my person. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards