Snarky Brides

Wednesday

Good morning everyone,

My car is still broken so after I went to the store with my mom I did a lot of cleaning I organized the kitchen and cleaned the bedroom and living room. I tried to read after that but I fell asleep.

then was waiting for FI to drive me to work and cleaned both bathrooms and did dishes!
I'm on a roll!
now if only I can keep this going after work...

How was your evening?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Wednesday

• Good morning apple! I did a little bit of school work and then watched a PVR'd episode of Grey's. I actually managed to drag my butt to the gym last night for the first time in almost a year. Zumba kinda kicked my butt, soi'm a a little sore today. Long night though, every little sound wakes me up when FI isn't there and the cats get all wacky and run around like maniacs! Counting down till tomorrow night!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Way to go on the productivity!! FI went to work earlier than me today--usually I'm up and out of the house while he is still asleep--so I got up earlier and had time to tidy up and bit and unload/re-load the diswasher. It was a nice change of pace from my usual morning rushing around.

apple--when is your car going to be fixed? At least you two can spend some quality car time together in the meantime.

Last night after work I worked out on the elliptical and made Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. SOO good!! I'm on a cooking roll and we have so many leftover from the past 2 meals it looks like tonight will be a leftover night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awe lets trade I want to be on a cooking roll!

the part we need should be in on Friday... hopefully.
    I am not holding my breath.

My cat was acting like a psychopath last night too. he is so old and really just sleeps and meows. but he just ran back and forth non stop!

• I am so completely not engaged with work today, I have a serious case of the blahs!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wednesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39973ae2-485b-4af8-9e1d-f3d573de0a96Post:002eb7c0-589c-424c-9792-ae5f3907b937">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so completely not engaged with work today, I have a serious case of the blahs!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.
    I have this week and next week left and I am done at this job unless I did good at my interview which I am not counting on.

so I don't want to do anything for the next week and a half.
    Tumblr and the knot it is...
  • Good morning, ladies!  I'm in a bad mood b/c I have a headache that started last night around 7 and I still haven't been able to shake. In a bit, I have to go feed a friend's turtle, and I'm not really in the mood to drive across town to do that. 

I hope your car is fixed soon, Apple!  Angel and Rel, I really should try some kind of working out, but I'm so lazy. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Happy first day of spring ladies! It sure doesn't feel like spring around here though.

Addie, don't worry, I'll be lazy with you. I hope your headache goes away soon.

Apple, way to go on the productivity! I think this weekend H and I will try to start some spring cleaning after we finish up painting the time in the dining room and kitchen. Not much use to start before that point because our dining room table is currently in our living room and the shelving unit that also goes in the dining room has it's contents now in my office while they sit pushed together in the middle of the dining room. The joys of painting.

Last night I made "thai food". Thanks to Angel's suggestion, I bought some rice noodles, red curry paste and coconut milk to make my own red curry. I was a bit disappointed with the sauce, it seemed like it was lacking something. Maybe tonight I'll douse the leftovers with some lime juice to brighten it up. But I had wonderful realization eating dinner, if I ever am craving pasta, thin rice noodles will do the trick. Now I just need to buy them in bulk for a cheaper price than $3 a package.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Buzz, corn pasta is the best replacement for regular pasta. There's a brand called La Veniziane that is just awesome!! But I love rice noodles in stir fry and Thai food! I just find they get gummy with white and red sauces. I tend to but pkg sauce mixes for that reason, it always seems to be missing something! So far I have only made it to the gym once AND I'm really sore today, so I'm feeling like that was a fail. Although I did go to the gym and not just sit on TK after work, so I'll try to stay positive!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wednesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39973ae2-485b-4af8-9e1d-f3d573de0a96Post:1e7e8fbd-820c-4d17-a47d-938b7aa2e920">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Buzz, corn pasta is the best replacement for regular pasta. There's a brand called La Veniziane that is just awesome!! But I love rice noodles in stir fry and Thai food! I just find they get gummy with white and red sauces. I tend to but pkg sauce mixes for that reason, it always seems to be missing something! So far I have only made it to the gym once AND I'm really sore today, so I'm feeling like that was a fail. Although I did go to the gym and not just sit on TK after work, so I'll try to stay positive!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

Making it to the gym once this year is better than me! My goal is to at least start walking a bit after work around our neighborhood.

Corn pasta? Interesting. I've heard that quinoa pasta is supposed to be good too. Honestly, I'll probably be staying away from pasta most of the time since I usually eat too much of it and feel gross afterwards (stomach and self-esteem wise). I've been meaning to try spaghetti squash as a veggie substitute pasta since I try to eat lower carb in general.

I should have known a package sauce wouldn't live up to my thai craving. In general we have such good food around here that packaged stuff never lives up to restaurant quality or making it from scratch myself.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's the awesome thing about GF pasta, you won't feel that way!!

• Hididdy ho!
    Sorry to hear about the sub-par Thai jar sauce, the headache, and the broken car...

I spent most of my day applying to two jobs, and working on arrangements for a rehearsal dinner which is actually going to be a rehearsal brunch.  Which is WAY in advance but my Mom is hosting and wants me to get it coordinated so she knows it's done and has her budget in place - which is super tight.

Hope the headache goes away and the car gets fixed and some good Thai food materializes (respectively)

E
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards