Snarky Brides

Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances

Let's see if we can come up with one of each.

Unpop opinion - I think a lot of cops take advantage of their position to do whatever the eff they want and to cover up for each other. There have been a few cases of cops out here getting into car accidents off-duty and they were not tested for alcohol until several hours later, even though other people reported that they were drunk. Their cop buddies covered it up for them. It also pisses me off that they don't think they have to pay speeding/parking tickets. Cops should be held responsible for their actions, just like regular people.

Pet peeves - People who don't RSVP. I am waiting on responses from more than 30 people for Kieran's party. If you aren't coming, that is fine. Just let me know, so I can order enough food, you loser.

Non-TK grievances
- Related to the above,but some of H's relatives contacted us and said they wanted to come out to visit for K's birthday. We told them that would be great, made arrangements for them to stay with us....then nothing. We never heard from them again. Seriously?

Now you go.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances

• Oh, I have another non-TK grievance.Between diving, swimming and beach volleyball, I have seen entirely too much ass crack during these Olympics. Just say no to crack.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • UO I think nail polish is hideous. It grosses me out and I don't think it makes nails look pretty at all. I only got a Mani and pedi for my wedding because my mom gave me hell about it. Pet peeve when I know people are aware that I'm relatively close behind them and they don't take two seconds to hold the door for me. Nice manners people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:8b85fd57-a925-44c7-b76d-9128754c6da0">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I have another non-TK grievance.Between diving, swimming and beach volleyball, I have seen entirely too much ass crack during these Olympics. Just say no to crack.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]
    I was watching the synchronized diving last night.  Holy crap, those bathing suits are TINY.  Why can't they wear the to-the-knee shorts like the swimmers?  Or at least, to mid-calf?  Will it make that much of a difference?  I admittedly know nothing about diving, but those tiny speedos look really uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• re: cops- I HATE when they flip their lights on to go through a red light.  We live only a few blocks from a police station and they do it all the time at the one intersection. (Which has a reallllyyyy long green in one direction, but whenever they do that it just effs up the cycle and everyone else has to wait even longer.)

• edited July 2012
    Haha the diving speedos make me giggle. Maybe they need to be exposed because the legs are easier to see without covering? Like since the judges are scoring based on how symmetrical they look.
  • Unpop- I think people should stop being up in arms about the Chick-fil-a thing.  I don't ask what the beliefs are for the other places I go to as part of my decision, so I'm not going to let a CEO's views keep me from those chicken minis in the morning.

Pet peeves-  The word irregardless. Why can't you just say regardless?

Non-TK Grievance- We subletted an apartment out for a few months and we went to get the keys and clean it last night.  The place was disgusting. I have never seen a bathroom so dirty in my life.  Then as we were leaving we discovered it was the wrong key. The guy lives an hour away now and we have to turn it in today. I'm not sure what we're going to do.

• Unpop Opinion: Outside of maybe some of Europe, maybe Australia, you could not pay me enough to visit another continent. I have no desire to ever see another continent. that's an extremely random unpop.

Pet peeves: I hate when people are super fast walkers, catch up to me, and walk right behind me loudly. It makes me really nervous. Just either slowthefuckdown or pass me. I am a pretty fast walker myself. This is mainly in the hallways at work.

Non-TK Grievances: Gah now my appt was pushed back a couple hours since the doc was called in for a delivery. I just want it done with.
  • Unpop Op: I really don't even get why there is a BF vs. formula feeding debate. I just don't understand why people giveafuck what someone feeds their own kid. Mind your own business and raise your own kid the way you want. I also notice the people who are the most "OMG THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT" have the most poorly behaved children.

Pet Peeve: I dislike that we are now Mr. and Mrs. HisName Lastname. Mr &Mrs. B, I like, but I just hate that his first name is used and mine gets trashed. That's not a huge issue, but it annoys me.

Non-TK Grievance: NY&Co is making me want to kill someone because they cannot get anything right. I hate them with a passion now.
  • I hate walkers around me too, Kate. I work downtown so I go through a ton of skyways on a daily basis. People are idiots when they walk in skyways. Walking all across the whole hallway acting like they have all the time in the world. Get outta my way!
  • UO - I can't stand British humor.  If you ever need to torture me, make me watch Monty Python or Mr. Bean. 

Pet peeve - people walking on the wrong side of the hall or stairwell.  Not a big deal until you turn a corner and get taken out by someone. 

Grievance - I guess my oldest sister is coming to town this weekend and seems to have no intention of telling me. 
  • Oh new grievance the dude fixing the fax machine on the other side of my cube sounds like he's fucking the shiiit out of it. This is gross.
  • UO - I love the Kardashians, don't care who knows it and I think they are fantasssssssssstic.

Pet peeve - politics on FB.  On either side.  Fucking life, assholes.  Shut your damn mouth.

Non TK grievance - I was at the dentist this morning.  My hygienist fixed the discoloration on my teeth from my metal retainer, and I'm getting fitted for a plastic one tomorrow.  That's a good thing?  You know what sucks though.  WHY DO HYGIENISTS ALWAYS USE UN-WAXED FLOSS TO FLOSS YOUR TEETH after they polish them?  It's just a clusterfuck. 
    panther
  • Oh another UO - I think people have been way too hard on Michael Phelps.
    panther
  • UO- 50 shades of gray. I don't get it. I don't get why women think it's LIBERATING and I am embarassed for all my FB friends posting those itnernet photos stating that in 9 months there will be a wave of 50 shades babies. If you need a book to jump start your sex life- keep it to yourself.

PetPeeve- when people address me professional as MRS via email- people who do not know me and have no idea if I am married. Ms. is far more appropriate in a professional, LEGAL, email for goddsake. Or worse- when they address me by my first name. Pisses me the hell off.

Non TK Grievance- I hate incompetent people. Liek our car salesman who still cannot remedy an issue we've been dealing with since we got our car. I get it- every time he has to deal with us, he potentially loses a sale. I no longer give a flying f. Take the time to fix our problem ONCE and we go away. Drag it out, and I call your manager.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Pet Peeve: I've said this before but I'm gonna say it again because I just saw it - when authors 5-star their own books, and even more when they review them. It's so egotistical and stupid and it drives me insane.

Grievance: Our landlord is letting us go to their cabin tonight and this weekend if we want, but now they are going too to fix the dock. it's their place, they can do what they want, and we can go for free. But I want to be there alone with H.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:a0c1ce23-2d22-4fb9-9c37-ff5d15d07b5d">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]UO - I love the Kardashians, don't care who knows it and I think they are fantasssssssssstic. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I still think Kourtney is the prettiest.
  • Aatb here is a grievance for both of us... There is talk of Morneau going to SF. Fucking assholes better get ready for the giant dump im gonna take on target field. Cali already took torii from us and I'm gonna bust a cap pretty soon since cuddy and kubel leaving almost made me die anyway.
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Alli, are you specifically talking about Boston cops, or just cops in general?  Either way, I agree with you.  The "code of silence" or whatever is awful.  Makes me glad I never dated/am not marrying one.

Unpop Op: Piggybacking on Nates, I don't get why mothers are judged for basically any/all parenting choices.  It is much more rare that fathers get the same side-eye, no matter the decision.

Pet Peeve: Tourists.  I get it, they bring a ton of income to Boston.  But its like none of them have ever taken an underground train before.  You let the people OFF before you get ON.  This speeds up the process.  The doors will not close on you.  I promise.

Grievance: I'm taking a planned sick day tomorrow for wedding stuff.  And I feel like I'm getting sick.  While this is convenient for my calling out, I don't want to feel crappy tomorrow.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:53da55ad-e721-4a3a-8ac8-ac6792234941">Re:Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/nonTK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aatb here is a grievance for both of us... There is talk of Morneau going to SF. Fucking assholes better get ready for the giant dump im gonna take on target field. Cali already took torii from us and I'm gonna bust a cap pretty soon since cuddy and kubel leaving almost made me die anyway.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

IF THEY TRADE MORNEAU, I WILL BECOME DRUNKER THAN A HALF-DEAD JACK SPARROW AND I WILL YELL LIKE AN ASSHOLE when I am at Target Field in a couple weeks.  I could still barf at the Liriano trade.  BARF.  I will also become enraged if they trade Span.  Or even Willingham.  Yes, Twins, LET'S TRADE ALL THE GOOD GUYS.  Fucking hell.
    panther
  • Kourtney is the prettiest, I agree.

I don't get watching sports on television. N watches EVERY SPORT EVER all the time and I just don't get it. Being in the stands is fun, so I can see that, but watching on tv just seems boring.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:0b420d47-0796-4245-8419-6465e966e47b">Re:Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/nonTK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate walkers around me too, Kate. I work downtown so I go through a ton of skyways on a daily basis. People are idiots when they walk in skyways. Walking all across the whole hallway acting like they have all the time in the world. Get outta my way!
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Slow walkers suck too. I just wish people were more mindful of their surroundings in general though. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also- I hear you on the door opening thing. I hate to say it, but depending on what time of day I happen to be walking into the building at work: at 8 when exempt/salaried people are walking in they are mainly considerate. At around 2 when non-exempt hourly people are walking in for their shift they are way inconsiderate. (not every single time but there is a definite pattern.</div>
  • My UO regarding the Olympics - the commercials celebrating moms are starting to piss me off. I loved the ones where they showed Olympians as kids, but now they are just obnoxious. WTF about the dads? There are many fathers cheering on their kids there, so why is the focus only on mothers? It annoys me probably more than it should.
  • Ugh AATB wtf is it with them?? I am irrationally holding on to the hope that because Morneaus wife is from here and she is about to have ... Or just had? A baby, he will want to stay here. Not like he has a choice though, I guess. Fuckaduck. I also have like 18 pieces of clothing with his name on it. So there's that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:8ed00502-5ebc-4f68-a392-3b7bb850cff6">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh another UO - I think people have been way too hard on Michael Phelps.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I read an article last week -- admittedly on gymnastics -- about how we cheer athletes until they become big stars, and then we tear them down.  I don't know why this is true, but it seems to be.  The article brought up Nancy Kerrigan back in 1994, when everyone cheered the hell out of her after her incident with Tonya Harding, until she lost the gold medal to Oksana Baiul.  And then it was just "Nancy Kerrigan the bitter biiitch."  Michael Phelps is wildly successful now, everyone cheered when he broke all of those records, and now that he's getting older and he's closer to retirement people want to see the underdogs beat him.  It's ridiculous, but it's unfortunately the cycles in sports.  Like how dare these people become rich and successful celebrities.  I don't know why.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Bahaha, I was watching sports on tv this morning :)

I'm also on the who gives a shiiit bench about the Chick-Fil-A thing.  I give nonefucks about their apparent opinions.  We don't have Chick-Fil-A so I don't really know what I'm missing out on, but if it were here, I'd be checking it out now.  Lol.  I think people can eat somewhere or not eat somewhere for their own reasons and don't judge that, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people are spouting off here and there about why we should boycott something and elevating themselves to some superior moral high ground.  For real.  Chick-Fil-A is not banning or preventing any gay marriages in this country.  They are in the business of fucking chicken sandwiches.  If you'd like the laws to change, you gotta get involved in government, not post a bunch of crap on Facebook about why you're so awesome since you're not eating this fast food or that fast food.  Get off your ass.  Twats.

See.  Politics on Facebook makes AATB all ragey.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:10b440e9-5515-4fc3-929e-52bcbb7d0f5e">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : See, now, that would have been a deal breaker for me.  Lol.  As it is, my H (and especially  his parents) could watch golf 24-7.  I don't mind watching the final day of a big tournament or something but not all.the.damn.time.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    Well, I should add that he doesn't watch to the exclusion of doing other stuff. So if there's a big game on, but we want to go out, we'll still go out--he's not one of those people who have to stay home and watch it live. But if we're just hanging out at home, vegging, sports is on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:76b1d6d3-ea1f-4b5a-9795-bc2d64247e4b">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I read an article last week -- admittedly on gymnastics -- about how we cheer athletes until they become big stars, and then we tear them down.  I don't know why this is true, but it seems to be.  The article brought up Nancy Kerrigan back in 1994, when everyone cheered the hell out of her after her incident with Tonya Harding, until she lost the gold medal to Oksana Baiul.  And then it was just "Nancy Kerrigan the bitter biiitch."  Michael Phelps is wildly successful now, everyone cheered when he broke all of those records, and now that he's getting older and he's closer to retirement people want to see the underdogs beat him.  It's ridiculous, but it's unfortunately the cycles in sports.  Like how dare these people become rich and successful celebrities.  I don't know why.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

What really bothered me was people cutting him down after he lost the 400 IM.  I mean, yeah, it was not a graceful media appearance by any stretch of the imagination.  But you gotta understand... Olympians are a whole 'nother breed of athlete.  These people are so devoted to their sport, day in, day out, their entire lives - and with the amount of pressure he was under?  That was crushing to watch him lose.  I enjoyed Lochte's victory, but it's completely understandable why Phelps would be cut to his very core over not even making it to the podium. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:a2e58257-d5bd-4edd-acf4-f846fafc411a">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh - the commentary for the Olympics has been annoying me too. "SoandSo is thinking about how she needs to focus on this next event." How TF do you know that? They could be thinking about how they need to fart for all we know. Also - the McDonald's commericals annoy me too. With the people who urge the Olympians to win so that they win free prizes? IDK why but it just irritates me.  
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I hate the stupid reporter questions. "So, Ryan Lochte, how do you feel about totally not winning the gold or silver or bronze? How are you feeling right now?" HowTF do you think he's feeling, idiot. H and I like to give commentary on what they are probably thinking versus the PC stuff they have to say or else they will sound like assholes.
  • Dammit! I want CFA waffle fries now.

• I understand watching sports games but I do NOT understand watching ESPN sports center all freaking day long. First, those anchors are obnoxious and constantly yell instead of talk, and second, why the hell do you need to hear stats updated all damn day long?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards