Snarky Brides

What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.

It's 2:45 am and I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee already.  That's very wrong. 

After saying in last nights night thread that Meathead has an iron gut, he woke me up an hour ago to go outside because he's got some major issues going on.  Guess who's getting plain white rice and pumpkin for breakfast?  That's wrong. 

And I just walked into the front bathroom and stepped in a puddle of water.  I looked up and see that the ceiling is soaked, starting to bulge and warp.  Don't know if it's a busted pipe or from all the rains over the weekend which would mean a roof issue.  I fear that's going to be a very expensive wrong. 

On the bright side my coffee is really good, Meathead is behaving normally every other way and I never really liked the paint color in that bathroom anyway. 

How's everyone else?

Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Sounds about par Dj.  Have the chance to sleep in, wake up early any way...  Oh, welcome to the 2nd trimester though!  How are you feeling?
  • Man you are early! H stayed up literally all night fixing his trailer and organizing the garage. He was coming in for a shower and nap when I left so I have a feeling tonight will be him passing out mid-afternoon and me on my own the rest of the day. I don't know why he thinks he can still pull all-nighters.

I've been at work a little over 45 minutes and my computer has alraedy crashed 3 times. I'm so effing annoyed. They have me working on a certain project that makes it crash every time I open a new site. If they'd give me  computer that wasn't a POS I could actually get some work done.

In less grumpier news, I used a gift card to Kohls yesterday and got some great clothes for work, and only went $4 over.
  • Great score at Kohl's Sesh! 
  • Ugh what a terrible "morning" Girlie. I hope your day gets bettter.

I am up a bit early so I can be in to work by 8. I am going to the gym tonight and I hate getting out of there later than 6. I'm obviously not quiite awake yet since I almost put my bodywash on my hair and then turned the shower off a second before I realized I hadn't washed my face. I can't wait to get to work and get a latte. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning. As awake and ready for the day as I was yesterday, I am the exact opposite today. I stayed up way too late watching men's gymnastics, and then it took me forever to fall asleep. Once I started to drift off, a thunder storm started. Now, normally I love thunderstorms, but our neighbors dog decided to take on God's farts like it was his job, and barked incessantly for about an hour and a half. So, basically I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep, give or take.

But, today's payday, and I get to register for two more races, so I'm pretty excited about that.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • They stuck me on QC again today and I'm super grumpy. This does not bode well for the other CWs. I'm getting so pissy over all these tiny mistakes that I just can't believe they are still making. This job is not hard but apparently even something as spelling out "Street" is beyond them.

Mehg, I had just drifted off to sleep a little after midnight when our neighbor's power went out with a huge bang (probably due to how windy it was). It scared the crap out of me and I couldn't get back to sleep. That's the worst feeling, your heart acing even though you know it was just something stupid but your body won't listen.
  • I decided not to let the morning be a total waste so I just did my dance workout.  I used to joke that I'm all Irish except my hips which seem to be Latin.  Now it seems only my right hip is Latin because my left doesn't circle as it should.  Or I could just be awkward. 

• Sesh - I was reading up on a sleep paralysis study, and when you're in REM sleep, your body secretes a hormone to keep your muscles from acting out your dreams. That's why people twitch when they're sleeping. But, if you wake up a from a nightmare, your brain is still pumping out that hormone, so you literally cannot move your body, and that's why you get the feeling the you can't move. Which, in turn, makes you panic and release adrenaline. It makes sense, but before I read that, I had just always thought there was a ghost on top of me or something.

Girlie - I'm the same way! I can move the more dominant part of my body much easier than I can the other side. The only exception is when I was in color guard; I can toss a rifle/sabre much, much higher and more accurately using my left arm than my right.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Girlie, you're one hip ahead of me. I have no rhythm at all. I borrowed one of the dance games for the Kinect and well, let's just say I'm glad no one was there to see me. It was embarassingly bad. My limbs/body just don't move that way.
  • Good morning...we got almost nothing done yesterday so now I feel pressured to get a lot done today...next week we leave for the cottage for four days and our house is still, essentially, in shambles. I need to NOT be living out of boxes by September.  There is just so much to do, I don't know where to start!
  • Good morning! My brother is officially on his way home from deployment so today is definitely a good day for my family. I can't seem to get enough sleep lately. This past weekend I slept at least 10 hours each night and then took a 3 hour nap Sunday as well. I got 8 hours last night and still barely got up.
  • morning.

I was really surprised to see a GM thread started by Girlie...I thought it was some kind of left over night thread. Sorry your morning sucks.

I got to work way earlier than normal this morning. Yesterday afternoon I got pulled into a meeting and was told ZOMG they needed me to layout a detailed schedule for an entire engine program (which usually takes me a few days) and have it ready to present to the VP of engineering this morning at 8:00am. So I worked all freaking night, got very little sleep, came in super early and busted my ass some more, and got a good basic layout done. At 7:52, I got an email that said "sorry, Dara....the meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday, I read my calendar wrong. Bright side, at least you've got a really good start :) Sorry again, kiddo." muthafucka. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That blows, dmills. I'd be pissed.
  • Daamn Girlie.  What a rough morning!  Hopefully your day gets better.

I'm in a shitastic mood today.  H brought work home last night and literally worked on it from the time he got home to the time we went to bed.  I get it if it's something he HAS to do but it wasn't.  I probably sound like a jerk but at least I kept it to myself last night.  It probably didn't help that I was pissed off because I want to transition to running outside and poured all evening so I couldn't.

Today I have interviews at work and I still don't have any questions compiled to ask the candidates.  I suppose I'll just stick with the basics and then feed off of whatever the interviewee says.

Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dmills, sounds like something that happens all the time at my company.  Have a MS is Mechanical Engineering, can't read a calendar...  Dillhole. 

Brandi, that's great news!!!
  • exactly, Girlie!

I just keep telling myself "only 12 1/2 more weeks until maternity leave." I'm pumped about having this kid, but I might be equally excited at the idea of 10 weeks off of work lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yay Brandi! sorry for all the crappy mornings around here. I'll join the club with ny headache that kept me up all night. I gave up and called into work so I could try and nap some today. except I, of course, can't fall asleep. I may just give up and go into work late anyway.
  • Dmill you should go home and take a nap! I would be annoyed.
  • Girlie sometimes I think we must be long lost sisters. I know I have seen you post before about your habit of falling down and your talent for spilling water on your shirt. Unfortunately I don't even have one hip with rhythm though so maybe not. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay for your brother coming home, Brandi. That's got to be super exciting. Does he live in the same area so you can see him right away? Either way, I'm sure it's a relief just knowing he'll be home.

I'm totally taking a nap in my truck at lunch time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.:[QUOTE]Brandi, how long has your brother been gone? Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

This was his second tour and he was "only" gone since January this time. Last deployment was 14 months. So this one was obviously better.

He lives in NC. I wish I could fly out there to see him but it's just not in the budget. I can just stop holding my breath as much when I watch anything about the middle east on the news.
  • Morning.  I'm PMSing and grumpy as hell.  Here was my night/morning in a nutshell.  

FI played in a work golf tourney and he came in 2nd place.  There were actually 3 people tied for first (including FI) but they some how figured it out.  Cool.  They were all drunk (obviously) and that was fine.  He called me telling me he was going to one of the interns to play basketball.  Cool, fine.  When I get home he's a few miles away so me and DB sat outside to wait for him.  He pulls up and stumbles out of the car in pain.  Ok?  Turns out one of the interns used to be a high school wrestler and so they all took turns seeing if they could take him out.  Nope.  Kid housed every single one of them including FI.  Now FI can't walk.

FI writhes in pain and is all moany so I give him 1000mg of acetominophen.  I call his doc because he can't talk to see if they can get him in or if he can go to the ER.  But FI doesn't want to go to the ER because they will stick him with a needle.  BIGEFFINGDEAL.  Dude, those needles supply the best kind of drugs around.  Anyways, the doc wants to talk to him.  So he gets on the phone and talks all normal and jokes around with them.  Word of advice... if you want to be seen by a doc, don't make light of your situation.  Oh, and then stupid nurse gets mad because I gave him 1000mgs and you "should never go above 600mg".  EABODs.  I've had 1200mgs before that were PRESCRIBED by a doctor so she can eat me.

So I wait on FI all night because he can't move.  Then he keeps saying "what should I do?"  Well, like I've said, go to the ER, but he wont.  He finally falls asleep and as I'm going upstairs to get ready for bed I hear ::CLINK:: followed by ::SPLASH:: followed by "WHATTHEFUCK"   FI knocked over a full glass of Sprite all over the throw rug, floor, his phone, and one of the couch cushions.  He grabbed his phone and took care of that while I legit scrubbed everything else forever.  Between being overtired and PMSing this is where I turned into a ball of rage and just flipped the eff out.  I think I said I wanted to hunt down and shoot that intern several times (no I would never do that but I was feeling it).  

This morning FI is in pain and can't even get his friggin boxers on and is making a big scene.  I finally get downstairs and notice  that the rod to hang the towels on is broken off the wall.  He hit it.  Then he left for work (literally crawling) and I come back upstairs to a clogged toilet.  I try to use the plunger and just get nasty shitpiss water all over my clothes and have to change.  Needless to say, I HATE TODAY.  (and I just stubbed my toe).

Moral of the story is:  I am a mean person and don't do well taking care of people and now I feel bad about it, like, really bad.  Also, a large over 6 ft tall mid 200lb man when off balance leaves a wake of destruction in his path.
  • I love my desk position, it's perfect for a quick nap. I'm in the back corner with no one next to me (walls on 2 sides) and the other people can't see me with the cubicle so it's nice and private. Plus the floor shakes when someone is walking down my aisle so I know when someone is coming. Gives me time to close a TK screen or lift my head or something.
  • Add me to the sleepy list. I too stayed up late watching men's gymnastics even though a tool on Facebook ruined it in the early afternoon. I sent a message saying, hey some people didn't k know the outcome and were waiting for the primetime broadcast. He basically said that it's a digital age, so without going dark, you can't avoid it. He kind of ha a point, but I don't do twitter or google , just Facebook. Guess I'll have to give out u up too just because 2 or 3 people are spoiler jerks. Tomorrow is my ex coworker's funeral. He died of Gliosarcoma, and was only 3 years older than H. Makes me hug H really hard. He'ss actually taking the day off work so he can go with me for support. I may have to go back into work after. That would suck. Try to have a good day everyone.
  • lbarr, you win!  Holy crap I wouldn't have done with all of that either.   I HATE the expression "When it rains, it pours." because it's so flucking true. 

Celtic, maybe we are!  I am so clumsy/accident prone and I think the one Latin hip is an anomaly.  True story, I once fell backwards off a hotel bed when I was trying to get some sexy time started with H (then boyfriend, our first trip together).  Laying flat on your back with your legs still up on the bed and laughing like a hyena is not the best position to be in when you're trying to be sexy.  :)
  • In Response to Re:What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.:[QUOTE]Yeah I guess seven months is better then fourteen.nbsp; Does he have another one? Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't. I guess he is getting a new job doing security and that won't require him to go back as of now. It could always change, though.

Lbarr, I'm sorry your day is going so bad!
  • lbarr, I'm sorry you had a crappy evening/morning... but that whole post made me giggle, so thanks for that ;)

Also. really? ZOMG you gave him 5 Tylenol? ha. I mean, obviously you shouldn't do that regularly, but whocares.  
  • Morning!

whoa, we do have some craptastic mornings around here. :( Eeek.

Me and H went out on his new boat last night and it was so dang relaxing. my only complaint this morning is that I didn't get enough sleep, but that pales in comparison to some of the shitpiss water, doggy vomiting, and all night projects!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, YAY Brandi, that's super exciting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AND NOW I HAVE THE FB TIMELINE.  RAGE.

In hindsight it is pretty hilarious.  When I was half crying this morning, it was so not.  Steph, I don't get the whole Tylenol thing.  It's not like I was giving him that much every 4 hours or something it was just to try and get him to just sit comfortably.  I'm sorry but 600mg isn't going to do anything when someone is in that much pain.  She said to do 600mg 3 times a day.  Hell, I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out I was on 800-1000mg TID.  As far as I know all of my organs are functioning normally.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards