Snarky Brides

is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?

Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?

• sophistry: subtly deceptive reasoning or argumentation

OMG's, yer like so smrt and junk.  We hix is so stoopid.  I is gunna go make moonshine in my tubz!
  • Because you make useless arguments we aren't supposed to think you're stupid? ooooook... thanks for clearing that up.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:24ccc6ab-277d-4b8a-b6d4-fa7d28210325">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's humorous that you're calling me stupid when you probably don't even know what sophistry means.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]

It's humorous that you honestly think you're the only one smart enough to know what the word means.  I know what it means and I think it fits your particular brand of stupidity very well.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:dba73019-660e-417e-8be3-d9fcaf0b4321">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : GO where?  The first mention of the military in this thread is your post.  Having some reading comprehension problems, sweetie?
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]
    Maybe her reading teacher was on the knot all day.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:24ccc6ab-277d-4b8a-b6d4-fa7d28210325">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's humorous that you're calling me stupid when you probably don't even know what sophistry means.

<div>Worst comeback ever award goes to...</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I didn't know what it meant until I went to lunch and Cew was showing the definition on a flashcard at an intersection. What's that all about?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:24ccc6ab-277d-4b8a-b6d4-fa7d28210325">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:

Well, that doesn't surprise me. You think a lot of things are humorous that are actually pretty lame.
  • I think it's humorous that you pick and choose what questions to respond to. I've asked you what teacher has 7000 posts that you were referring to, and who brought up the military, other than you?
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Salt, that water is beautiful! I want to go now.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I'll admit that I'm spacey, but I'm definitely not stupid.
  • Dangit, I got to this party too late. That's what I get for eating lunch outside today!

Im sorry I missed the lobbying robot flashcard maker.. or whatever you all were talking about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:24ccc6ab-277d-4b8a-b6d4-fa7d28210325">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:

You know what they say about people who assume things...

It's quite obvious you don't know what snarky means, since you're doing it wrong.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Salt!  Your pic is gorgeous!

• Thanks B & Whit!! I want to go back there right now too. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:161b5992-0016-4379-8974-b79128f2de41">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll admit that I'm spacey, but I'm definitely not stupid.
    The funny thing about being stupid is that stupid people rarely know they are stupid, and even more rarely admit to it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • [QUOTE] It's quite obvious you don't know what snarky means, since you're doing it wrong.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

We'll see about that after she lays down her next WICKED ICE BURN.
    murrayed
  • To answer the OP:
    I am planning a very nice wedding. However, if my uncle shows up in his nice overalls with a sports jacket over it, it won't be the end of the world. In fact, I won't care at all. That's just part of who he is, and I want him to be comfortable. I told him that exact thing on the phone last night.

At least its the new overalls. 

My point is, treat your guests as the people they are, and not as props. They are who they are, and you need to accept them if they are going to be your family too. Its ok to be miffed if there are boobs and buns hanging out, especially in a church or at another religious ceremony, but it is certainly not a reflection on you. The only people that will end up looking bad are the ones that are dressed inappropriately. If they don't want to look bad, they will dress appropriately. Period.
  • Snarky means annoying. There.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:97685487-a64a-4d95-94db-f0a610af8328">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snarky means annoying. There.

Not really.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:97685487-a64a-4d95-94db-f0a610af8328">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snarky means annoying. There.

I thought you just said you weren't stupid?  Stop contradicting yourself.
  • I meant to say annoyed.  It is a way to express annoyance.

• Snarky does not mean annoying.  You're just further proving your stupidity with each post you type.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • It also means "Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide", per dictionary.com.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:31f04287-dd6a-452d-ac6b-12eb1f0378f1">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests? : The funny thing about being stupid is that stupid people rarely know they are stupid, and even more rarely admit to it.

This is also a fact about being BSC. I think that statement has layers and layers of meaning when you interchange the words and describe Ms. Sophistry.
  • I hate the word snarky, but I love the word shart. Can we change the board's name to Sharty Brides?
  • Let me help you out yet again, soapistry:

snarky
    Pronunciation: \ˈsnär-kē\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: dial. snark to annoy, perhaps alteration of nark to irritate
    Date: 1906

1 : www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crotchety">crotchety, www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snappish">snappish
    2 : sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner

Where do you see either the word "annoying" or the word "annoyed"?

Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • It's not even fun to argue with you anymore.  It's like arguing with a dead cat on the highway.  I just end up looking like the crazy person.

• "dude we have to leave.  I just sharted."

• If snarky actually DID mean annoying, you'd be doing it right. But it doesn't. Try again.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-enclose-rules-of-event-sheet-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4955ee4c-6203-4264-bc60-8c194adea880Post:0d34a132-043a-4519-8264-7c72bb1620ee">Re: is it rude to enclose a "rules of the event" sheet for the guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me help you out yet again, soapistry: snarky Pronunciation: \ ˈ snär-kē\ Function: adjective Etymology: dial. <strong><em><u><font color="#ff0000">snark to annoy</font></u></em></strong>, perhaps alteration of nark to irritate Date: 1906 1 : <a href="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crotchety" rel="nofollow">www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crotchety</a> "> crotchety , <a href="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snappish" rel="nofollow">www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snappish</a> "> snappish 2 : sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner Where do you see either the word "annoying" or the word "annoyed"?

I see it right there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards