Snarky Brides

Today's the Magic Day ...

... that I find out about the job.

To add some interest (for your reading pleasure)

This is a teaching job at FI's school, where one of the teachers essentially pulled a temper tantrum and resigned. (He's in his 60s btw, and far too old for silliness) But it gets better. He's since gone to the media and accused the school's administration of bullying him, so he had no choice but to resign.

Honestly, with all the bullying in the media right now, and the horrible things that have happened, for a grown man to take this tactic is awful. But he did. He's been on the radio, saying how they bullied him and he didn't feel safe at work. BUT - he's willing to go back.

He also offended the teacher's union by saying that he would not make use of their mediation services since he doesn't respect them, and has held a public meeting where he planned to 'tell his side' by using a traditional method of battle where both sides hurled insults at each other until the observers declared a winner (only the admin isn't allowed to actually participate, so it was going to be him unsulting them in front of an audience of students and parents).

But again, since there is no one in town qualified to do HIS job, he would go back - for the kids.

I am an English teacher with social studies as my second, have years of drama production experience AND have taught stage management in a high school. This is the job.

I will be holding my breath all day, I suspect.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Today's the Magic Day ...

• Good morning.

Fx about the job, Jenny.  Sounds like this guy is a real winner.  He will probably end up suing the district and getting millions.

I really want to go back to sleep.  It doesn't help that DH works 4x10 and has Fridays off.  Oh, well, it should be quiet at work today.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • That guys sounds off his rocker! Good luck though. I'll keep my finger crossed for you!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks! If it occurs to him to sue, you're probably right, he would try that too.

Apparently he was on the school parking lot this morning when FI got there, and one of the other teachers was giving him a hug in the parking lot. Goodbye? Congratulations on getting your job back???

I'm dying to know ... (and it's two hours before the job apps close)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_todays-the-magic-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4bd9bae5-998f-4143-99cd-565e5f2fe67ePost:13922856-933c-43a7-8ee1-5746a1936b91">Re: Today's the Magic Day ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speech Communications - it was what I need to be able to teach speech/debate/<strong>forensics</strong>.  It was a joke, though.  The university didn't really have that so it was a self-study thing and the guy that oversaw it didn't give a crap either.  I basically turned in a notebook of photocopied plays and viola!  My minor was completed.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't see that fitting with the other two ...

That is a coincidence. My problem is that I was hired to teach English, but they changed it at the last minute and now I'm little more than a tutor. They've stopped pulling kids with special needs out of the classroom, and have assigned people like me to go between classes to assist the regular teacher with these students. The theory is great, but the reality isn't. So many of them need more attention than one teacher can give, AND the government doesn't want them all placed in the same class - they have to be dispersed. so instead of me going to one or two homerooms and sticking with them because they have the most need, I have four students in one group, two in another, six in another and three in the last. I spend my days figuring out where I should be, and going there.

And that all goes in the crapper on test days/changes in schedules for whatever reason.

I just want to be a regular teacher with a class of my own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenny - Good luck!!!!  Crossing my fingers for you :)

JCB - So sorry to hear about your doggie :( That has got to be so tough to deal with.

Tonight is going to be spent running, cleaning, and eating JIMMY JOHN'S!  Yum.  Definitely my fave meal eva.  Tomorrow is my hair trial, final dress fitting AND my bachelorette party :)  I am sooo excited - I originally really didn't want a bach party but I've got some amazing friends who are putting on a Halloween themed one (costumes are optional, etc) since they wanted to celebrate the bachelorette thing but without ALL the focus being on it, KWIM?  It's perfect.  My friend/BM and I made our costumes (loofas!!) on Wednesday and every time I look at the picture I laugh at how ridiculous we're going to get...but it's definitely more my style than dressing up as slutty _______.  I'm so jacked!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning ladies!

Good Luck Jen, I hope they dont give him his job back. I hate when adults like babies and get rewarded, grow up!

I'm off early today, woohoo! H is taking Atticus to Camp Bow Wow today, for the weekend, woohoo again! H is piled on with work and Atticus just needs to play. So it's a win-win.

We meet with one contractor about the bathrooom this afternoon. And then I have yoga. Tomorrow we're thinking date night, something we both need. Than Sunday I have to work.

JCB- So sorry about your pup. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_todays-the-magic-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4bd9bae5-998f-4143-99cd-565e5f2fe67ePost:b2c4c69f-c135-45f8-ae4b-01c2782d8e82">Re: Today's the Magic Day ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have forever banned Jimmy John's b/c of their history with e-coli.  No thank you. Jenny, forensics - as in competitive drama?  Why wouldn't that fit with speech/debate?  A lot of the debate coaches around here are also the school's forensics coaches. kd, any specific plans for date night?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I think we'll have dinner at a restaurant we havent been to in awhile. Most likely Paladar.

Maybe a movie. We arent exciting. But he's leaving next Sunday for his big fair at work in Philly. And he needs a break.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_todays-the-magic-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4bd9bae5-998f-4143-99cd-565e5f2fe67ePost:b2c4c69f-c135-45f8-ae4b-01c2782d8e82">Re: Today's the Magic Day ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have forever banned Jimmy John's b/c of their history with e-coli.  No thank you. <strong>Jenny, forensics - as in competitive drama?  Why wouldn't that fit with speech/debate?  A lot of the debate coaches around here are also the school's forensics coaches</strong>. kd, any specific plans for date night?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's not called that here. I was having visions of CSI meets Shakespeare. It makes much more sense now ... *facepalm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_todays-the-magic-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4bd9bae5-998f-4143-99cd-565e5f2fe67ePost:eced7509-d2db-44a9-b46f-8f9c0d5afaa4">Re: Today's the Magic Day ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today's the Magic Day ... : 2016?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

HA! Arent you a funny lady!
  • Morning all. Sorry in on mobile so the formatting might be jacked up. Jenny, good luck with the job. Jcb, sorry about your dog . Hopefully you get better news than you think. H and I are on our way to Orlando. He's is a fantastic mood please note my sarcasm font. What a great way to start what was supposed to be a nice, fun, relaxing weekend eyeroll. He snapped at me for no good reason and when people do that I just shut down and need time to be pissed off at them. He hates it and keeps trying to be all chatty and I just want I say, "STFU and let me me mad for a little bit so I can get over it." Figures this would happen. What a fun two hour car ride!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So sorry about the pup, jcb.  I hope it isn't lymphoma.  8-(
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_todays-the-magic-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4bd9bae5-998f-4143-99cd-565e5f2fe67ePost:50df11bc-ac08-4fa3-934c-83d0193c60de">Re:Today's the Magic Day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all. Sorry in on mobile so the formatting might be jacked up. Jenny, good luck with the job. Jcb, sorry about your dog . Hopefully you get better news than you think. H and I are on our way to Orlando. He's is a fantastic mood please note my sarcasm font. What a great way to start what was supposed to be a nice, fun, relaxing weekend eyeroll. He snapped at me for no good reason and when people do that I just shut down and need time to be pissed off at them. He hates it and keeps trying to be all chatty and I just want I say, "STFU and let me me mad for a little bit so I can get over it." Figures this would happen. What a fun two hour car ride!
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hate when that happens. And you are just like me. I just hate being in a car because you cant walk away. Hope if gets better darlin!
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks, kd. I seriously considered crawling into the backseat but then I played out in my head just how well that would go over and thought it best not to be that immature ; ha ha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love road trips with my husband, we are actually experts at it. We have our designated jobs on the trip and we try yo make it comfortable.

Keys to a good road trip with H, I read to him so I bring magazines or newspapers. As well we have the iPod loaded and flip through the music. When we hit the SC boarder Jimmy Buffett is always on the radio.

The times we fight are when he's trying to push me when I'm exhausted, usually this is when we travel overseas. He is a "I'll rest when I die" person, where I'm more "You are gonna die if you dont let me rest" person. He knows 3 days is my limit.
  • Update: the school just extended the substitute for another week so they can have interviews.

Means another weekend of not knowing. *sigh

Hope the date nights and the road trips go well. We're going out to supper with another couple later and will likely stop by a tgif for local teachers. We'll see.

Tomorrow is decorating and more work on the garage.

Happy weekend everyone, and try not to stress too much jcb. I know, easier said than done. Waiting for answers sucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards