Snarky Brides
Options

I already hate my wedding day.

The forecast for my wedding this Saturday just changed from beautiful, sunny, 10% chance of rain to cloudy and 60% chance of rain.  I have a feeling it's just going to get worse.  I am so upset - this ruins everything I had planned for my pictures.  And on top of that, I feel horrible because I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be glowing with happiness right now, but instead I am just sad and angry.

I know people say rain is good luck, but I feel like those people didn't actually have rain on their wedding.  Rain will ruin my hair (it frizzes), my dress (huge train I wanted pictures of), and just basically my attitude.  Sorry for this vent session.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I already hate my wedding day.

• Options
    Okay, well it did rain on the day of my first wedding, but just for the part where we were going to have pictures. We ended up having pictures inside, so all of my worrying about the leaves not being 'autumn-y' enough was for nothing. But you know what? My pictures were lovely! There was no squinting through the sunshine and no one shivering while waiting for the pictures (sunny days are often colder than overcast ones because there's no clouds to insulate the earth). It wasn't what I planned for, but was more beautiful than I'd hoped.

AND ... there's a 40% chance that it won't rain! Don't count that out. And as I said, pictures on cloudy days are just as nice because no one needs to squint.

My first wedding was a wonderful time - people still talk about the wonderful day (and that's okay, I'm great friends with my ex, it's all good). And no one mentions the rain at all.

Bottom line, at the end of the day you and your sweetie will be married and beginning a wonderful adventure together. People will remember how radiant you looked, how he grinned when he saw you for the first time, the food, the music, and when crazy (insert relative's name here) gave the 32 minute toast.

And it will all be good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm hoping for rain on my wedding day because the colors will pop in the pictures.  And no matter what the weather does, you'll be just as married as if it were sunny and clear.

Your hair can be tamed with lots of products.  Try to focus on your H.  It'll be okay.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There could be a lot worse things than rain... just sayin.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-already-hate-my-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4da62d48-79c2-4e50-9584-335f3a89ec06Post:ba0353c9-aad3-498d-a4d7-8228bab6b7f0">Re: I already hate my wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]There could be a lot worse things than rain... just sayin.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

No, no - I totally know.  I feel a lot better.  I just had to vent.  I don't hate my wedding day...in fact, I'm pumped for my wedding day.  Just a little stressed.  Thanks for letting me be a whiny beeeyotch and vent for a min ladies.
  • Options
    You cant control the weather so instead of stressing about that why not try to focus on things you can control? Talk to your venue or photographer and discuss indoor photos or possibliities for outdoor rainy day photos.  Everything is going to work out and your wedding will be beautiful. Dont stress :)

• Options
    The same thing happening my wedding week. It looked good until about the Wednesday and then Friday it rained all day and I thought for sure that a 70% chance of rain on the Saturday would mean an indoor ceremony for me.

BUT IT DIDN'T RAIN!!!!!!!! At all. All day. Either way - while I obsessed about the rain all week, it hardly crossed my mind the day of cause I was so excited and caught up with other things.

You really only need it to not rain for what two hours?? Just have a positive attitude! I know its hard to at first but its out of our control right? So just go with it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to a wedding on a golf course... as the bride started walking down the aisle it started POURING and instead of watching her walk down the aisle, guests were running out of their seats seeking cover from the rain.  It rained on and off throughout the ceremony and guests who got up never came back bc the seats were soaked.  I was horrified for her, but the next day she was posting on facebook about how her wedding day was absolutely perfect and she is so happy and lucky. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hear you - I was kind of freaking b/c there was a 60% chance of rain on my wedding day too. It ended up pouring overnight and then only spitting a little bit thoughout the actual day so we were still able to get all of our photos done outside. The only time it rained was during the ceremony and drive to the reception venue so we just had the receiving line in the church instead of outside.

No matter what happens you and your FI will still be married and you will have a fantastic day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-already-hate-my-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4da62d48-79c2-4e50-9584-335f3a89ec06Post:84f2bf0e-50b3-4047-84c7-cc2b9adb6307">Re: I already hate my wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding on a golf course... as the bride started walking down the aisle it started POURING and instead of watching her walk down the aisle, guests were running out of their seats seeking cover from the rain.  It rained on and off throughout the ceremony and guests who got up never came back bc the seats were soaked.  I was horrified for her, but the next day she was posting on facebook about how her wedding day was absolutely perfect and she is so happy and lucky. 
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]

We had the same thing happen at a friend's wedding.  Outdoor ceremony on a golf course - nice, clear, hot, and sunny.  As people started to get seated, big black cloud appeared and it poured.  No one had umbrellas; staff came down in golf carts with umbrellas and picked up the elderly to take them indoors.  H, myself, and a friend huddled under H's sport coat and stayed while the vows were being said.  I think, other than bride and groom and officiant, we were the only ones who stayed.

alois, your day will be wonderful!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I hear you AL, it did rain on my wedding day, but as soon as it passed over we wiped down the carriage and I climbed aboard. We got married in the chapel instead of under the tree. It cleared up just enough after the ceremony for a few outdoor pictures.

My dress was a little bit wet underneath, but we plugged on. When we finally got downtown it was clear and sunny for all of our pictures. I wore my hair up, even though H wanted it down, because I knew I'd frizz up in the SC weather.

Maybe talk to your hairdresser about putting your hair up, that way it's more controlled. Other than that it will be fine, promise! Focus on the positive points and maybe it wont rain.  

In the end my H says we were supposed to be married in that chapel.

Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It was windy as hell the day of my wedding. The manager of my venue wouldn't allow me to move the outdoor ceremony indoors. The second I walked out the door to walk down the aisle, my veil blew right off my head. The ceremony went on without it. We had to shorten our ceremony because people weren't comfortable sitting out in the crazy wind. All of our pictures have flowers and dresses and hair blowing around like crazy. It poured during our entire reception (which fortunately was indoors).

And still, I look at the pictures and I laugh. It was a great day, and I wouldn't have changed a single thing about it. So don't stress the little things (yes, rain is a little thing - no matter how big it seems right now), because your wedding day will be awesome no matter what happens. 
  • Options
    Aww, I'm sorry. Don't hate your wedding day. It might not even rain. Sometimes people can be wrong when reporting the weather. Do you have a backup plan in case it does rain?
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    That's how my wedding day forecast went and I bought a bunch of huge umbrellas just in case.  Day of, it rained in the morning and was cloudy the rest of the day.  During pictures, storm clouds started to gather, so we didn't get to take as many pictures as we wanted, but we didn't get poured on.  Bonus: no sun, means no squinting and better lighting for the pictures. 

It's only Thursday.  I don't even trust the forecast for this evening, let alone 2 days from now.  I hope it doesn't rain, but I've seen some pretty great pictures with umbrellas.  
  • Options

Hopefully it won't rain, I certainly would be bummed too if that was my wedding day forecast, but, to lift your spirits, look on Pinterest or the web for some really neat pictures you could take if it does?

maybe buy a see-through bubble umbrella that you and H could take pictures under in the rain?

That might help you put a positive spin on it (at least a little bit) and have some ideas for pictures if it does end up raining.

GOOD LUCK!!

• Options
    I have nothing to add except if it does rain, please do this :)

I'd come up with some back up wedding pics you can do in the rain. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-already-hate-my-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4da62d48-79c2-4e50-9584-335f3a89ec06Post:314ddc34-5da8-4dea-9627-5774eacbe189">Re: I already hate my wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to add except if it does rain, please do this :) <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/175218241723247656/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/175218241723247656/</a> I'd come up with some back up wedding pics you can do in the rain. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

I actually pinned this last week!! And I bought an umbrella today so the rain can suck it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-already-hate-my-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4da62d48-79c2-4e50-9584-335f3a89ec06Post:0986159c-7b3a-4230-a6ed-9e1babf231b9">Re: I already hate my wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I already hate my wedding day. : I actually pinned this last week!! And I bought an umbrella today <strong>so the rain can suck it.</strong>
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

<div>That's the spirit! haha :) </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-already-hate-my-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4da62d48-79c2-4e50-9584-335f3a89ec06Post:50e65e50-3a82-41a8-a19c-210269c8d952">I already hate my wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The forecast for my wedding this Saturday just changed from beautiful, sunny, 10% chance of rain to cloudy and 60% chance of rain.  I have a feeling it's just going to get worse.  I am so upset - this ruins everything I had planned for my pictures.  And on top of that, I feel horrible because I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be glowing with happiness right now, but instead I am just sad and angry. I know people say rain is good luck, but I feel like those people didn't actually have rain on their wedding.  Rain will ruin my hair (it frizzes), my dress (huge train I wanted pictures of), and just basically my attitude.  Sorry for this vent session.
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

While I know rain sucks and I hope things change, you can't control the weather and worrying about it will only make you sick. The wedding isn't about pictures anyway, its about the lifelong commitment you're making to another person. I hope you're taking this marraige more seriously than that.

You should really step back and think about this. There are couples on the east coast who had their entire wedding day ruined by Sandy or the snow. Forget weddings, there are people who lost everything!

Honestly, these days weddings have become a business and sites like this just encourage that. I've only been on this site a week (enagaged three weeks) and not ONCE have I read about someone excited about this new milestone in life. Its all about pictures, cakes and fighting bridesmaids.

maybe I should elope
  • Options
    Qkellygirl, good point: all about pictures, cakes, and fighting bridesmaids here. I don't even remember the weather on my wedding day.
  • Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that even if there is a one hundred percent chance of rain (like we had) that only means it will rain (or drizzle even) at some point during the day. It might be just 15 minutes at 5 am or 10 pm. We had rain in the morning and late at night and still had a gorgeous outdoor ceremony and photos with awesome 'moody' skies. A rainy day is unlikely to mean rain all day. You could look up historic records of the amount of precipitation that usually falls per day in your town in your wedding month - I did this (nerd) when I saw we were meant to get rain and was relieved when I saw that usually even on rainy days it was less than half an inch of rain in March. 
  • Options
    It rained on my wedding day. It started off nice and then an hour before the ceremony the rain came down. So we had to quickly go to plan B. Instead of being on the deck we had to do it in the tent. We did come away with some amazing wedding pictures with the rain and with us playing around with an umbrella. Instead of having my train down, I had it bustle the whole time. Just take it in stride because at the end of the day you will be married and that is what matters.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Take a deep breath. It sounds like you are feeling a little better. Your day is going to be beautiful and amazing no matter what the weather does. GOOD LUCK and here's hoping to no rain
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Never go by the 10% or whatever it states ALWAYS CHECK THE RADAR. You will have a better range to the 60% because it may never even go over your area ;) I wish you luck and check the radar girly !
  • Options
    Dont stress, but do invest in umbrellas now to help you calm down. 3 days before our wedding in June it was predicted to be 90 degrees and sunny, then it changed to rain. Ou rehearsal dinner was beautiful and the weather was great. That night we had crzy T-storms, the power went out, and I couldnt sleep worrying about trying to do hair, etc with no power. While I wasnt sleeping I checked my email on my phone and found out my makeup person was in the hospital. Anyway, long story short- it rained on and off the day of, but it stopped long enough to take a few outdoor pictures, having no sun cut down on the glare/closed eyes in pictures and everyone had an amazing time! I was upset since every Saturday after out wedding for weeks had perfect weather, but then 2 months later there was a hurricane that cancellled tons of weddings for weeks, roads collapsed,  ppl couldnt go on honeymoons, etc- so it could be way worse than rain.

Plus, with rain you can get cut pics with umbrellas, boots, etc. It will be a perfect day either way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards