Snarky Brides

Chelsea Clinton Wedding

2»

Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:faeb6009-076d-490a-a7bc-d679cc9aec77">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine has celiac and only eats gluten free, she has now written 2 cookbooks and also writes a monthly article for our local news paper. None of the food she makes is anything but delicious, and it even looks absolutely incredible. I am sure with the amount of money the clintons are paying for the cake, it probably still tastes good - just because there is bad gluten free food out there, doesnt mean it all sucks.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'll ditto this. My mom made gluten free cupcakes for my wedding (she and dad are both gluten free as is one of my bffs) and people said they were far better than the regular cupcakes. She makes some incredible gluten free foods, including cakes, cookies and brownies. I actually prefer some of her gluten free versions over the traditional flour varieties.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    I think the interest is because, no matter your politics, we tend to be happy to see successful well adjusted children coming out of the white house.  The right was absolutely horrible to Chelsea who did nothing but have braces and frizzy hair as a teen and the left read way too much into the Bush daughter's shenanigans.  All three turned out to be wonderful, sophisticated young women who are making their way in their chosen professions.

As for the food, Chelsea as a gluten allergy and has been a vegetarian since she was a teen.  They are serving meat though and I'd hope more desserts than just the cake.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • My friend has Celiacs and was very careful about introducing her daughters to gluten. Her stepmom made delicious gluten free cakes for all of their birthdays and for my friend's baby shower. They were awesome, and most people didn't even know they were gluten free. 

The gluten free mixes that are made with bean flour are the worst, but there are some that are awesome. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards