Snarky Brides

Can we talk about spirits?

13»

Re: Can we talk about spirits?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:7a0febd7-a61f-4055-b4d0-aa53b1044c3b">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I freaking hate elves that have those little evil looks.  They fucking creep me out.  I even hate the logo at the end of Top Chef because it is a little sprite or elf and he just looks so creepy.  I always change the channel before it pops up. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

If there's a hell, I'm going to burn in it.  A friend of mine (T) is seriously freaked out by little elves/gnomes and we were all at a pool party one summer and the host had a creepy little yard gnome in the back yard.  I knew that T was in the bathroom and that the bathroom had a window over the toilet.  I stood under the window and held the gnome up to it so when T turned around to flush, she spotted the gnome and screamed bloody murder.  She didn't talk to me for the rest of the party.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:8492c797-28d8-48ed-ae33-06e1fd5aab0e">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, what makes you think demons can't hear our thoughts/prayers to ourselves but can hear what we say out loud? I agree, I've always thought that too, but I'm not sure where it came from.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

I think it was something my mom or my grandma mentioned to me quite a number of years ago.  It makes me feel like even though the demons can hear what I say, they can't always know about my complete bond with God because they're just not as powerful.  They don't know my mind, they don't know my heart.  That kind of thing.

Obviously I don't know for sure, lol, but for some reason the premisce makes sense to me.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:e019dea3-376f-4a23-a303-2df62c679510">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we talk about spirits? : I think it was something my mom or my grandma mentioned to me quite a number of years ago.  It makes me feel like even though the demons can hear what I say, they can't always know about my complete bond with God because they're just not as powerful.  They don't know my mind, they don't know my heart.  That kind of thing. Obviously I don't know for sure, lol, but for some reason the premisce makes sense to me.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Me too, and I do believe it, I guess I was just hoping you had a more solid reason than I did for believing it, but pretty sure it's just what my mom told me too ha. But it does make sense, and I know they are limited in their power, and I feel like my mind is protected. Maybe they can read some people's thoughts if they aren't protected, I dunno.
  • I have seen, talked to, communicated, etc with them since I was little.  Its not something I want to be able to do and wish I couldnt do.   Its not something I like to talk about in great detail either.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • -Do you believe in spirits? 
    Yes
     Why or why not? 
    Personal experiences

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels?
    Yes to all

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?
    Yes. And stay away from ouija boards. 

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings?
    I have. Shortly after my grandpa died I came home and nobody was there. I was on my cell phone with my grandma and while walking around the house I heard the house phone ring from the foot stool in the living room. I remember thinking "Somebody should hang that up" because my mom always yelled at us for leaving it off the hook. 

I finished the conversation with my grandma and started to make myself something to eat and the phone rang and it was in the kitchen on the hook. Nobody was home, and I didn't touch it. 

Also, one night (around the same time actually) I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a man on a horse dressed in a jacket with tails like they wore for fox hunting or whatever. I just saw the back end of the man and horse and then it disappeared into my wall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageWhite Knot
  • Also, the night before my Nana died I had a dream that I was at a funeral. I couldn't see who it was for but my family was there and all very sad. The next night my dad woke me up to tell me that she had died. 

The weekend before we had to put my pony down I had a dream he died while I was at a friend's house. When I got home my mom told me that he had not been eating and we had to put him down 3 days later. 

A few days before my grandpa died (different grandpa from the phone story) I had a dream that he died. This one I'm not sure about because I knew he was sick and with the other grandparents and pony it was out of nowhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageWhite Knot
  • So here goes ... I know that this will probably be an unpopular opinion but I will state it anyway.  I really do not mean to offend anyone!

Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not?
    Nope I used to do when I was much younger, but as I have gotten older I have become much more sceptical and I know that paranormal events can be explained by science in every case I have ever heard.

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels?
    Nope. 

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?
    Nope, it's called the ideomotor effect when a ouija board planchette moves.  It's not conscious but it still happens.

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings?
    I have had people tell me they saw something... I don't think they are lying, I believe that they really believe they saw or heard something but there is always an explanation for the experience. 

Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards