Snarky Brides

Morning hoes

Re: Morning hoes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:b459fe0d-9ef7-4129-a331-ecce0ad187a2">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Probably. No one in my family kisses on the lips or even on the cheek really, so if I had just one neice or nephew who did, then yeah, it would be weird. I don't know what it will be like if/when my brother has kids (and it better be awhile before that happens), but I'm guessing that if the kid goes for my lips, he/she will get my cheek instead. I don't really have a lot of little kids in my life so my interaction with them is very minimal.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

My family is the same way.  Not very touchy feel-y and Im not an affectionate person, but those 2 just melt my heart.  My view on it changed when my sister had kids.  Hugs, kisses, cuddles, "love you"'s and all. 

I dont kiss my friends kids on the lips though.  If they go for a kiss they get a cheek.  Mostly its hugs and "love you".
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I adore Michelle Obama :)

KD, our phone number for our talk show call-in is one number off from a naughty T-shirt company, lol.
    panther
  • I am yet to meet a child who melts by blackened heart. Kittens and puppies, sure. But not kids. Mostly I just stand there watching them and wondering WTF I'm supposed to do. I know some really cute kids, but I don't want to interact with them or anything.

My phone number growing up was one number off from the local (now closed) theater. My stepdad used to give fake movie times just to mess with people.
  • Our phone number when I was a kid was kind of cool - 776-7733.  I will never forget it.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:fcc50b72-38d8-4876-9a2e-77d4b5e69b35">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I adore Michelle Obama :)<strong> KD, our phone number for our talk show call-in is one number off from a naughty T-shirt company, lol.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Your side business? ;)

I like what Michelle does for healthy eating and exercise and the few other things she backs. But I still find them to both to be arrogant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:64fc7c1a-dfe0-4ad0-9fc8-8b17e8a500f3">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning hoes : Your side business? ;)<strong><u> I like what Michelle does for healthy eating and exercise and the few other things she backs. But I still find them to both to be arrogant.
    </u></strong>Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Although I dont like trying to legislate healthy eating.  I dont mind them wanting to make schools bring back recess and gym though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:9c1a288f-63d0-4ecd-b136-e9a9ee1c7490">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning hoes : Exactly. Although I dont like trying to legislate healthy eating.  I dont mind them wanting to make schools bring back recess and gym though.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

No I agree, but I liked it when she opened the WH to kids and the gardened with her as well as working out. My H just posted an article about how our kids dont get outside enough.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303610504577418651102615334.html?mod=WSJ_hps_RightRailColumns#articleTabs=article">http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303610504577418651102615334.html?mod=WSJ_hps_RightRailColumns#articleTabs=article</a>

I know the article isnt all about childhood obesity, but I think its starts there.
  • Just catching up here...   I went to a family reunion on Sunday and my mom's cousin referred to his oldest son (22?) as a "long cool drink of water" - which I found totally creepy.  My family is very huggy/kissy and it irks me a little.  I'm very huggy but really not keen on anyone kissing me on the lips but my H. 

• KD- she was talking about her garden on the show.  I think its great. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Getting rid of PE and recess is just so odd to me. What is in place of them - longer class times, or something else? I loved PE in elementary school, especially this mountain game we used to play where they stacked the gym mats higher and higher to see who could jump, climb, over them. I was always the best on the girls side, which is why I liked it so much, obviously.
  • Sesh- I loved the Presidential awards.  I always won for the sit and reach.  My name was on the winners wall for about 10 years before someone finally beat me, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I sucked at the sit and reach but was awesome on the chin-ups and sprints. I used to be pretty strong and athletic, then i got sick, which in turn led to lazy. I LOVED doing the obstacle course and still have my trophy for the fastest time. It had everything. Climbing walls, balance beams, monkey bars, parallel bars, climbing rope, etc.
  • Dot, I felt that way for most of the planning. We didn't even spend all that much and I still was mad at wasting the money. but the day and night before, I was super excited (okay, and looking forward to getting it over with). Bottom line, I definitely felt that it was worth it.
  • Dot, I felt really indifferent at many stages during wedding planning.  I'm just not really a planner, and I hate details, I don't get overly excited about stuff like that, and let's be real - it's stressful.  Even when you're laid back and try to relax about things, it's still stressful.  People get inside your head.  It's stupid.

Just know that at the end of all this it will all be worth it!  I love remembering our wedding day even though I hated planning it.
    panther
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:8a230a52-97c9-4713-8fa2-4df37305a04a">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dot, I felt really indifferent at many stages during wedding planning.  I'm just not really a planner, and I hate details, I don't get overly excited about stuff like that, and let's be real - it's stressful.  Even when you're laid back and try to relax about things, it's still stressful.  People get inside your head.  It's stupid. Just know that at the end of all this it will all be worth it!  I love remembering our wedding day even though I hated planning it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds like me in a nutshell.  I find it really hard to care but am still stressing out and I hate planning something for myself.  I would rather help plan someone else's big shindig.  I also am constantly feeling like we are about to go broke (we aren't).  I think spending all of the money on 1 day is a bit horrifying to me.  There are times when I get excited and times when I'm just like, is it time for our sweet honeymoon yet?  Lol.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  and ditto about people getting in my head.  I never wear heels but wanted to wear pretty heel-y shoes to the wedding.  Each time I sent out a pic to people to see if they liked them I got the opposite of what I thought.  And then I showed a neutral shoe and people were like... we like color! (when the last shoe I showed them was in fact colorful).  Then I just stopped telling/showing people shiiiiit.  That's worked out for me so far ;)</div>
  • Ditto Sesh & Boobs, Dot.  The actual day was just so much fun and I'm so glad H talked me into the whole shebang instead of eloping. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:7299e2f2-3d51-4634-9f33-9e856ba9102c">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. T&p to you and your family. My family is not so touchy feely so little kids gets kisses but that stops pretty early. Today I have my one week follow up and I am really anxious about it. My vision is not nearly as good as I had hoped it would be by now and my up close vision is much worse than it was when I wore glasses. I really hope I don't have to do this again. I had to reschedule my first dress fitting because I didn't find shoes. Today is the four month mark until the big day and I'm sad to say I just don't really care.<strong> I really kind of wish we had just eloped and spent the money on the house or a great vacation.</strong> Please tell me some of you guys felt this way and that when it gets closer I'll be excited again.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I feel like this at 6 weeks out.  I know I would have eventually regretted eloping, but planning has been an awful experience so far.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:7299e2f2-3d51-4634-9f33-9e856ba9102c">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. T&p to you and your family. My family is not so touchy feely so little kids gets kisses but that stops pretty early. Today I have my one week follow up and I am really anxious about it. My vision is not nearly as good as I had hoped it would be by now and my up close vision is much worse than it was when I wore glasses. I really hope I don't have to do this again. I had to reschedule my first dress fitting because I didn't find shoes. Today is the four month mark until the big day and I'm sad to say I just don't really care. I really kind of wish we had just eloped and spent the money on the house or a great vacation. Please tell me some of you guys felt this way and that when it gets closer I'll be excited again.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as you get closer you'll feel better promise! We had such a great day, all I did made sense in the end. And what doesnt get done, no one will know about anyway. You'll be fine!
    [QUOTE]Chels I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. T&p to you and your family. My family is not so touchy feely so little kids gets kisses but that stops pretty early. Today I have my one week follow up and I am really anxious about it. My vision is not nearly as good as I had hoped it would be by now and my up close vision is much worse than it was when I wore glasses. I really hope I don't have to do this again. I had to reschedule my first dress fitting because I didn't find shoes. <strong>Today is the four month mark until the big day and I'm sad to say I just don't really care. I really kind of wish we had just eloped and spent the money on the house or a great vacation. Please tell me some of you guys felt this way and that when it gets closer I'll be excited again.
    </strong>Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I feel like this off and on. Part of it has to do with my dad being sick so along with wedding stress, I get stressed about that.  And it hits me off and on that he won't be there to walk me down the aisle and then I get sad about that.  The happy comes back though and I get excited to have the wedding, see the friends and family that will be there, and to be done with wedding planning forever.  I think you'll find the happy again.
  • Since we are on the wedding subject-  what song did you/are you doing for the Father/Daughter dance if you had one? 

imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:3be0f69f-4f27-4879-bad2-390594931d51">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh- I loved the Presidential awards.  I always won for the sit and reach.  My name was on the winners wall for about 10 years before someone finally beat me, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I rocked the sit and reach too.  I was a chunky kid so I failed all the other events/markers/whatever they were called but I was apparently a very limber chunky kid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:a4a937d0-5714-4e92-b962-818b4cb6f0ed">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since we are on the wedding subject-  what song did you/are you doing for the Father/Daughter dance if you had one? 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

My dad and I danced to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock n' Roll."  My dad always played Seger on our road trips :)  I surprised him with it, he loved it.  He danced to "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John with my sister at her wedding.  My sis was in dance growing up.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:a4a937d0-5714-4e92-b962-818b4cb6f0ed">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since we are on the wedding subject-  what song did you/are you doing for the Father/Daughter dance if you had one? 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

We danced to "Beautiful" by Gordon Lightfoot. My dad got me hooked on Gordon as an artist when I was young so it felt right. It was a surprise to him and he loved it.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Morning!

My dad and I danced to 'Tuesday's Gone' by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The song is obviously not a very happy song, nor is it wedding related, but it has significant meaning for my dad and me. I don't think anything else understood the meaning behind it, but that was ok with me. It was really beautiful.

God, I sound sappy.
  • We danced to a song by Heartland. My Little Girl or something like that? I had a hard time finding a song because we didn't always have the best relationship and none of them felt genuine, so finally I just picked one I figured he would like.
  • For whatever reason I'm having a really hard time deciding.  I texted him and asked for ideas and I guess he thought I was asking him to do something choreographed because his answer was that he just wanted to do a normal slow dance.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:50ba17d3-82ba-400d-87da-1b413ca7543f">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]We danced to a song by Heartland. My Little Girl or something like that? I had a hard time finding a song because we didn't always have the best relationship and none of them felt genuine, so finally I just picked one I figured he would like.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Was it "I loved her first"?
    imageVacation
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Brandi, is there any music you and your dad listened to when you were a kid? I know my dad and I have a lot of music that is 'our' music.
  • We danced to "I loved her first" because my dad really loves that song.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-hoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:55a28562-591e-4869-974f-aa75cb1d4f98Post:933ae8f9-1621-445b-a039-61371319cdd0">Re: Morning hoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, is there any music you and your dad listened to when you were a kid? I know my dad and I have a lot of music that is 'our' music.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Not really.  My Dad was always just the "cool dad" and we got to listen to whatever we wanted around him.  For his 50th birthday I made him a movie and played "Sweet Child Of Mine" but I dont see that as a wedding song for some reason.
    imageVacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards