Snarky Brides

Humpa Humpa Flame Day

12346»

Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day

• Wow, missy, way to overreact.  It's FFW... FFS.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:b5bed2e6-d29c-4cca-a382-0357e666109b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]So are we just going to tell people to be a grownup and deal whenever anyone posts a vent about anything from now on? If so, I'll put away my empathy card.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

You have food, clothing and shelter? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • That's especially rich coming from you, Kiki.

If you noticed, I explained it several times.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • There was that time I complained about something and Missy had me killed. 

So if Missy hasn't had you killed, you need to thank your lucky stars that you are still able to post on boards like this one. 

FWIW, I see Missy's initial point AND her subsequent explanations. 
  • edited June 2010
    I think it's interesting that you guys assume I am didalitlejig (the one who can't spell) just because we have similar sns and both talk about dancing. I'm not banned, so what would be the point of making another sn that's almost exactly the same as my other one -- especially since most people can't tell the difference between them unless you pay close attention.

I don't claim to be rational (irrationality is the essence of dance! lucky for me!), but even I couldn't justify writing a post about dancing, signing out, signing back in under an almost identical name, posting another (albeit even lamer) post about dancing, and then signing back in under my original name. Kind of a waste of energy if one sn would accomplish the same goal.

I definitely get why everyone thinks AATB and I are the same person, though. Seems like the poor child accidentally stepped in proverbial dogshit and tracked it through her house. I wish I had a stick so you could scrape it off, Love, but I think you should just hide in the closet until mommy calms down.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry, though, I thought she was trying way too hard to be liked and it irked me to no end. 

::twirls away::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited June 2010
    I have a few friends who are in LOTD and RD and honestly DALJ they'd hate you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:3bd3fd94-6bc3-4480-985a-da97280fad88">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a few friends who are in LOTD and RD and honestly DALG they'd hate you.
    Posted by lilgina64[/QUOTE]

<div>Wah wah. I'm sure they'd probably hate a good chunk of their fans if they actually had to talk to them, so I'm not losing sleep.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:0254d44a-596f-40be-867d-c12735d6d913">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : I think in the case of this past weekend in Toronto, the cops did everything they could to try to keep order and prevent it from getting worse. They didnt arrest enough people on Saturday and got slammed for it, and then they arrested too many people on sunday and got slammed for it. As far as im concerned, everyone knew going into it where the protest areas were and what the laws are. It is OBVIOUSLY illegal to protest in the middle of an intersection sitting on the ground drawing traffic to a standstill. It is also illegal to smash the fuuck out of stores. As far as im concerned the cops = did a hell of a good job this weekend. There is no way to know what intellegence the cops are going on when they do something like that, if they know who/what group is in there that they need to target or what the protesters will do.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I know I'm getting back this late, but I'd just like to offer the radical leftist perspective. First of all, I don't think your two examples of illegal activity are the same thing. Blocking intersections and holding marches in non-permitted areas are clearly illegal activities, but the point of these activities is to make it more difficult to hold the meetings and perhaps keep some events from happening, or keep delegates from arriving. Also, having been on the inside for some of these big protests, I know that sometimes the permits that are granted are deliberately in out-of-the-way places to keep protesters away from the meetings and thus keep voices from being heard. People who participate in this kind of illegal activity are following in the footsteps of many leaders who have believed in civil disobedience. And whether their activities are illegal or not, they do not warrant the kinds of extreme force that I've seen and heard of so many times. I don't know the particulars in Toronto, because I'm out of the loop, but I've heard lots of horror stories involving "less lethal" weapons, such as rubber bullets.

The property damage is something different, and a lot of people who believe in the first group of tactics do not support this. I can see where they're coming from (smash capitalism and all that - literally) but I don't think it takes the impact on everyday people into account. I personally would never engage in something like that.

And again, no matter whether people have committed illegal activities, it doesn't warrant holding them in inhumane conditions. In FI's case, after he was arrested and held on the bus for a while, he was brought to a pier and held there for 24 hours, where everyone was kept in pens with some kind of toxic chemical on the ground, and people were breaking out in rashes all over the place. That's the kind of thing people complain about when they're talking about the system being harsh.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Oh and Missy, I'm sorry for the pile-on, and I'm also really sorry about everything that you've seen your brother go through. I know you are one of the most empathetic people on here, and I always appreciate it.

I just don't want to see this turn into a place where people feel like they can't vent because their problems aren't as bad as someone else's.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:fd359e84-32a4-4322-bdb6-a08c90001f3b">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and Missy, I'm sorry for the pile-on, and I'm also really sorry about everything that you've seen your brother go through. I know you are one of the most empathetic people on here, and I always appreciate it. <strong>I just don't want to see this turn into a place where people feel like they can't vent because their problems aren't as bad as someone else's.</strong>

Hey, could you take this whining elsewhere? I don't post here to hear your concerns. ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_humpa-humpa-flame-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5a955b3d-a110-48e0-ad18-5f6b58cbfb9dPost:1a12e723-3793-49ac-8b9d-6cc79f629206">Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Humpa Humpa Flame Day : I know I'm getting back this late, but I'd just like to offer the radical leftist perspective. First of all, I don't think your two examples of illegal activity are the same thing. Blocking intersections and holding marches in non-permitted areas are clearly illegal activities, but the point of these activities is to make it more difficult to hold the meetings and perhaps keep some events from happening, or keep delegates from arriving. Also, having been on the inside for some of these big protests, I know that sometimes the permits that are granted are deliberately in out-of-the-way places to keep protesters away from the meetings and thus keep voices from being heard. People who participate in this kind of illegal activity are following in the footsteps of many leaders who have believed in civil disobedience. And whether their activities are illegal or not, they do not warrant the kinds of extreme force that I've seen and heard of so many times. I don't know the particulars in Toronto, because I'm out of the loop, but I've heard lots of horror stories involving "less lethal" weapons, such as rubber bullets. The property damage is something different, and a lot of people who believe in the first group of tactics do not support this. I can see where they're coming from (smash capitalism and all that - literally) but I don't think it takes the impact on everyday people into account. I personally would never engage in something like that. And again, no matter whether people have committed illegal activities, it doesn't warrant holding them in inhumane conditions. In FI's case, after he was arrested and held on the bus for a while, he was brought to a pier and held there for 24 hours, where everyone was kept in pens with some kind of toxic chemical on the ground, and people were breaking out in rashes all over the place. That's the kind of thing people complain about when they're talking about the system being harsh.
    I dont want to sound like im arguing, because im not, Im just filling in the blanks. There were quite a few very peaceful protests before it started getting ugly, and the cops didnt give them any trouble. The cops only took the action that they did when things started to get out of control, cause massive disruptions (for locals, not for anything to do with the G20 which was inside a huge fence no one could get into), and damage property. To my knowledge none of the areas many of these protests were held could in any way have affected the G20. Ive seen the detainment centre on tv, NOT cleaned up, and while it was messy (because of the people arrested, not because of the cops) it didnt look that bad. Its jail, what can one really expect? Comfy couches and a 3 course dinner? They were fed, watered, and sheltered while they were detained. If they hadnt have broken the law OR refused to listen to the instructions given to them by the police, they wouldnt have been there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards