Snarky Brides
Options

Kindle Fire?

Anyone have one? H got a gift card from Amazon from work for Christmas and we are considering one, but reading mixed reviews. I know it's not an iPad, but I just want it for reading and the Internet mostly. So if anyone has any first hand experience with one did you like it? TIA :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kindle Fire?

• Options
    Hi Grace!  I don't have a Kindle Fire but they look awesome.  I just wanted to say hello :)

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking into getting one as a cheap tablet and came across a good article comparing the Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox and Nook.  Basically, it said the Nook was the best of the three, since it was faster and more intuitive.  The Kindle was laggy and harder to operate, if I remember correctly.

Let me see if I can link it.

ETA: Here.
  • Options
    My FI gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I love it. I read all the time and kept having to cart books around with me. The kindle makes it so much easier. I save  space and I can play games and go on the web. My FI has the samsung glaxy 7.0 plus tablet and even though his cost double and had better ratings, I like mine better. I'd recommend it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_kindle-fire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5d58977f-f907-475a-9fdb-2b050c09b323Post:a5f194c8-1699-4bfa-a823-9d528a67bcf8">Re: Kindle Fire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Grace!  I don't have a Kindle Fire but they look awesome.  I just wanted to say hello :)
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

Hi! Love the new sig pic :) you look so pretty!

Thanks Nates, I'll look at that. I've heard the Fire was a bit slow so that's one reason we are hesitant on getting one.
  • Options
    I mean, it's a half-priced, basic tablet, so it might be worth it for what you want.  I was playing with it last night and it was pretty cool. 
  • Options
    My sister got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and she was so thrilled she about lost her shiit.
    panther
  • Options
    Thanks Amber. Do you notice if the Internet is slow? Nates- That's what I'm thinking and with the gift card it would be free too. I kinda just want something basic. Although I would love an iPad too I don't want to drop that kinda money on one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH wanted one for a minute, then he checked one out at Target. He was not impressed. But, we have a Kindle and an iPad, so we really dont need one anyway.

ETA-C is a doll!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a nook color and it does a lotr of stuff the fire does now that I downloaded the free upgrade. I have heard the nook tablet has twice the memory and speed.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The internet is pretty fast. I was way against getting one but my FI took me to best buy to play with their sample and I loved it.
  • Options
    I got my h a fire for Christmas. He loves it. I have played on it a few times. It can be slow on the Internet but not old school dial up slow. Just not zippy. The memory is less than the nook but it has the cloud which is supposed to compensate for that. (honestly I have no idea what the cloud actually does. I'm embarrassingly computer slow)

• Options
    My FI got me the kindle fire for Xmas and I freakin' LOVE IT!!! Only bad thing about it is if you want to go on the interweb your at the mercy of whatever wireless connection is available. But other than that, it's great to read books/magazines/papers on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards