Snarky Brides
Options

3 things you don't know about me

List 3 things that the majority of SB don't know about you.

1) I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and won 1st place at a board breaking/sparring competition
2) I have a degree in archaeology and worked as a professional archaeologist for 4 years
3) My family lost everything we owned in Desert Storm and were getting a check for $80,000 from Iraq 2 days after Desert Shield. Safe to say they are never seeing that money now.

Re: 3 things you don't know about me

• Options
    3 things:

a) I have massive calves...muscular ones that I can't get rid of. I hate them. Most guys are jealous of them, esp. body builders.
    b) I almost never wear make-up or do my hair. I should though.
    c) I moved 22 times before my 18th birthday and attended 11 schools in 13 years. 
  • Options
    1) I have a MSc in Biomedical Anthropology and was ready to sign final papers for the RCMP when I met DH
    2) I can't whistle
    3) I spent a year in North Africa before I went to University
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:b3ac048a-0bce-4bb7-9ce0-60c3fd351a47">3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]List 3 things that the majority of SB don't know about you. 1) I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and won 1st place at a board breaking/sparring competition 2) I have a degree in archaeology and worked as a professional archaeologist for 4 years 3) <strong>My family lost everything we owned in Desert Storm and were getting a check for $80,000 from Iraq 2 days after Desert Shield. Safe to say they are never seeing that money now.</strong>
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Wow that's crazy. I would like to hear more about that. Actually all three of yours are pretty impressive.

I think people know a lot about me - I'm pretty open. I guess for the newer peeps though I'll use the old stand bys.

1) I've climbed Kilimanjaro twice
    2) I've had cancer
    3) I'm a singer (not like a full time professional singer- but a get hired to sing in weddings and sing in musicals singer)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:9f7d61b4-a8b3-4208-9f61-77d0e4a31adc">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 3 things you don't know about me : Wow that's crazy. I would like to hear more about that. Actually all three of yours are pretty impressive. I think people know a lot about me - I'm pretty open. I guess for the newer peeps though I'll use the old stand bys. 1) I've climbed Kilimanjaro twice 2) I've had cancer 3) I'm a singer (not like a full time professional singer- but a get hired to sing in weddings and sing in musicals singer)
    Posted by pixiedust84[/QUOTE]

Basically Iraq (aka Saddam) was put on a payment plan for war reparations (is that the right word?) to pay back American families for what they lost in the invasion, plus interest. He was actually very good about making the payments on time and my parents received the first payment of $20,000 on the due date (10 years after the invasion).
  • Options
    1.  I went to boarding school.
    2.  I am an only child.
    3.  In college I danced competitive amateur ballroom dancing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:9f7d61b4-a8b3-4208-9f61-77d0e4a31adc">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 3 things you don't know about me : Wow that's crazy. I would like to hear more about that. Actually all three of yours are pretty impressive. I think people know a lot about me - I'm pretty open. I guess for the newer peeps though I'll use the old stand bys. 1) I've climbed Kilimanjaro twice 2) I've had cancer 3) I'm a singer (not like a full time professional singer- but a get hired to sing in weddings and sing in musicals singer)

<div>your list is way cooler than mine. I can't believe #1 considering #2. That is incredible.</div>
  • Options
    1. I'm incredibly weight conscious. Yet, I'm small. I used to be a college athlete, and now I'm a professional couch potato. .... I hate the thought of losing my hard earned body so easily :(

2. I racked up $180,000 in medical bills last year, and my doctors never found a diagnosis. I like telling the stories about my scars though.

3. My dad is my best friend. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:515224eb-96a8-41bd-8a84-189f19c79a4b">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I have a MSc in Biomedical Anthropology and was ready to sign final papers for the RCMP when I met DH 2) I can't whistle 3) <strong>I spent a year in North Africa before I went to University</strong>
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Ohh where?? I love Africa.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:63ee29af-ac1c-42b6-aafb-a19c98b411dc">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : You're so nice. I was actually quite impressed with your number 3! Could you list all the places you lived in order? I feel like that would be a challenge.

<div>All the places I have lived - the country/city list is not that long, that was actual houses, but here is the list from birth to present:</div><div>
    </div><div><strong>0 - 18 years</strong></div><div>Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 3 locations)</div><div>Rochester, NY</div><div>Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 2 locations)</div><div>Saudi Arabia</div><div>Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 2 locations)</div><div>Qatar</div><div>Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 4 locations)</div><div>Saudi Arabia (2 cities in 4 years)</div><div>Vancouver, BC</div><div>Rome, Italy</div><div>Nice, France</div><div>
    </div><div><strong>18 - 32 years old</strong></div><div>Toronto, Ontario (and surrounding areas - 5 locations)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:1df4845c-0331-4683-8b9a-79fd9ee93bb9">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : Ohh where?? I love Africa.

I lived in Tunisia, and it was the most wonderful place ever. Tunisia is a "Place" for me - somewhere where my time stands still and where my heart feels like it's always belonged.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:fb6ec7a7-b23d-4ab4-9ae9-2e37428c6ffe">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : You can't say this and not tell us what the video is. :) 1. I am left-handed in writing, painting, eating, but right-handed at everything else, but I can do pretty much everything with either hand. 2. My first boyfriend was Indian royalty. 3. I can stick my tongue up my nose.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>Nah, I bet most of you Americans haven't heard of them. I'd be willing to bet that if you listen to the radio here though, you'd have heard it before, since the radio stations here have to play a certain amount of Canadian music each hour.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:cc846930-28c0-4419-87db-269f91e618f5">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : All the places I have lived - the country/city list is not that long, that was actual houses, but here is the list from birth to present: 0 - 18 years Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 3 locations) Rochester, NY Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 2 locations) Saudi Arabia Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 2 locations) Qatar Montreal (various neighbourhoods - 4 locations) Saudi Arabia (2 cities in 4 years) Vancouver, BC Rome, Italy Nice, France 18 - 32 years old Toronto, Ontario (and surrounding areas - 5 locations)
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Wow that's crazy!! Do you know multiple languages? Were you an army family? Why did you move so often? See I think you're cool :-)

Where in Rochester did you live? That's where I live! Crazy!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hey now. I like Rush.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:329d8162-529f-4043-af75-ae224fd79e17">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey now. I like Rush.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think they were that big =P</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:f8c96bcc-c7d4-49ea-8688-e85de7a6b084">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : Wow that's crazy!! Do you know multiple languages? Were you an army family? Why did you move so often? See I think you're cool :-) Where in Rochester did you live? That's where I live! Crazy!

<div>I speak English and French fluently. Other than that, nothing well enough to speak of. </div><div>
    </div><div>Not army but lived on military bases...my dad is a doctor. We moved because my parents were like nomads.  Not sure where in Rochester, I was a baby, but all I know is that it was NOT a nice part of town...drug dealing neighbours (in the late 70's mind you)...</div>
  • Options
    1. I live in a house with my FMIL, FI, my kid, and myself. We sometimes take in boarders from Korea, and I hate it. I don't trust them and my kid is not alowed to be in the house alone with them, EVER. Sometimes we have seven guys at one time.

2. I am an extremely picky eater.

To be continued
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:374048df-82ec-40ab-916e-f7344c217b8e">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : I lived in Tunisia, and it was the most wonderful place ever. Tunisia is a "Place" for me - somewhere where my time stands still and where my heart feels like it's always belonged.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Aww that's lovely!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm a noob, so you don't know anything about me anyway.  But I'll play.  :)

1)  I have been in 2 car accidents, 7 years apart.  Both times, I failed to yield while turning left. 

2)  I dislocated my kneecap over a dozen times when I was 16 and finally had to get surgery.

3)  I have zero self-confidence, which plays a big role in why I don't post more.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:e419d407-cfe6-4aa2-ae90-f85b40b45ea9">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : Wait a second...all this but they never checked to see if it was the huge hole in your mouth? 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha....exactly!! I think i mentioned it in the other thread---I have a sinking feeling it will tie back to my mouth some how. The asked me if I had a tooth ache, but I didn't so, they never questioned farther. I can't wait to find out. </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Let's see if I can come up with something cool...

1. I have two degrees--BSN and an Associates of Applied Arts in Graphic Design. I got the design degree second.
    2. I've written a screenplay and plan to write another that I may actually pitch.
    3. I technically own my own business, but it's very new and I've made no money yet and it's the type I can't mention here. =)
  • Options
    1) I have underdeveloped knees, and they turn inward if my feet are together. That makes me self-conscious, so I always stand with my feet out or otherwise turned so you can't tell. But, a knee frequently gives out when I walk, which makes me look seriously stupid.

2) the reason I take so many pictures of Sir Whisky is because I lost a cat that meant the world to me when I was younger, and I only have 2 tiny, crumbled pictures to remember him by.

3) I once gave a speech in front of 3,000 people to present Carl Hiaasen at his lecture. It was one of the scariest and most incredible moments of my life.
  • Options
    1) I was a National Merit scholar and got almost a "perfect" score on my ACT (and now I'm quite underemployed LOL, being book smart doesn't give you ambition!)

2) I'm one of the best Guitar Hero players in my area and at one point I had a bunch of top GH/Rock Band vocals scores on the Wii network too.

3) My dad and I have the same birthday, and my cousin's wife and another cousin's son also share the same birthday as us (July 22)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:0483cafb-382e-42a9-ab7c-5391214aa5e1">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I was a National Merit scholar and got almost a "perfect" score on my ACT (and now I'm quite underemployed LOL, being book smart doesn't give you ambition!) 2) I'm one of the best Guitar Hero players in my area and at one point I had a bunch of top GH/Rock Band vocals scores on the Wii network too. 3) My dad and I have the same birthday, and my cousin's wife and another cousin's son also share the same birthday as us (July 22)
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

<div>You're awesome.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:0e6eb756-3e3b-488f-ba1e-1d4772487c75">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a noob, so you don't know anything about me anyway.  But I'll play.  :) 1)  I have been in 2 car accidents, 7 years apart.  Both times, I failed to yield while turning left.  2)  I dislocated my kneecap over a dozen times when I was 16 and finally had to get surgery. <strong>3)  I have zero self-confidence, which plays a big role in why I don't post more.</strong>
    Posted by goutesh[/QUOTE]

Aww. Lighten up it's just the internet, it's just the internet! (to the tune of "Lighten up it's just fashion" as sung by Santino on Project Runway <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yCv-V6tIPU" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yCv-V6tIPU</a> )
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_3-things-dont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6503a2ed-4234-428a-9e76-9d807641f89cPost:6ef07377-83a2-4327-9e4b-a0a2b1eee14b">Re: 3 things you don't know about me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 things you don't know about me : You're awesome.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    I know, mine are so silly compared to everyone else's but I'm really a HUGE BIG NERD, I can't help it!
  • Options
    Guitar Hero is awesome! I kick J's ass at it all the time.
    PS--I just accidentally typed Herp instead of Hero. ha!
  • Options
    mine are a little lame compared to the others.... but

1. I graduated undergrad in 3 years, instead of 4. I got a B.S. in broadcast journalism, worked full time while getting it. A few months after graduating I used what I saved to buy a condo at 21 yrs old. Honestly though- I now just wish I sat back and enjoyed college.. made more friends and really soaked it in. I was in a hurry to grow up. I worked hard but I had no fun.

2. I was a producer at two debates which my former tv station hosted with CNN and ABC news and interviewed some presidential candidates.

3. My H is only the second boyfriend I ever had and my only other lasted a couple months.... we've been together since we were 17.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options

Previously on TK

1. I live with my FMIL, FI and my kid and we take in boarders from Korea.

2. I am an extremely picky eater

3. I have chronic pain in the cold and my doctor can't figure out what is causing it. I try not to take pain pills because they make me loopy and stupid. I don't complain about it much to anyone around me because I don't want to be seen as the whiny attention seeker my sister and best friend are (who both have Fibromyalgia)

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't seriously played RB/GH for a few months and the reason is really lame -- I lost the SD card that had all my downloadable songs on it when we moved, and I don't feel like re-downloading everything that I had originally purchased. And I really want to upgrade all my stuff to PS3 someday but then I'll have to re-download it and possibly pay for it again anyway and UGH.
  • Options
    1. I was Prop Manager for 20 plays in 7 years, and won awards for more than half of them.

2. I got a 25 on the ACT my first try, which isn't all that high, but I was really proud of myself. Especially when the people in the honors classes (which I apparently wasn't smart enough for) got high scores of 21.

3. I'm am the third youngest person at my job, but was just named Assistant Manager.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards