Snarky Brides
Options

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Options
    edited February 2015

Hoo, I found some goodies on Pinterest yesterday from just one list-icle. (clicky)

The highlights of that list:

#14:  Not as bad as making guests address their own thank-you cards (a suggestion I see often on Pinterest, barf), but shouldn't you already have your guests' addresses?

#28: The first Princess Diaries movie called, they want their art back

#33:  . . ."let guests donate to your honeymoon fund." Yeah. Read that again. Like you're doing them a favor. "We know it's not traditional/and not the way it's done" YEAH THERE'S A REASON FOR THAT, LADY. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Does anybody else ever wonder what happened to beckybartkowski?
    She started this epic thread, and was never seen or heard from again.
    Thank you, beckybartkowski, wherever you are. 
    It was the only thread she started too. Hmmm...
  • Options

A wedding program posted on a friend's board. Who actually cares how many dresses you tried on or how many "Big Bang Theory" seasons or movies you watched?????? And I just can't with the "Black Friday Sales" thing.

Does Bojangles even have milkshakes?
  • Options
    fmaon06 said:

A wedding program posted on a friend's board. Who actually cares how many dresses you tried on or how many "Big Bang Theory" seasons or movies you watched?????? And I just can't with the "Black Friday Sales" thing.

Maybe they did back in 2008?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

Just….no. Really? Who has time and patience to put something like this together? Definitely not me. I would roll my eyes if I were a guest. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    antoto said:
    fmaon06 said:

image G
    Wait, you're telling me they seriously counted every single cupcake they consumed over the entire time they were dating.

This is not only stupid, but I sense liars.
    This really doesn't bother me. I'm not a huge fan of programs in general, because totally unnecessary,  but I would just look at this as kind of a silly lighthearted thing. I wouldn't think "You liars ! You didn't really count your cupcakes!" I'd think "Humor. Humor about how much you like cupcakes."

Is it irrelevant? Yep. Are "serious" programs telling me the names of the wedding party and what I'm watching in front of me (oh, look. Prayer. Vows. Blessing. Recessional. Who'd have known.) also irrelevant? Yes.

I especially don't mind this because of Walter. Even in silhouette clip art, I think Walter is excellent, and should be featured in any irrelevant printed materials anywhere. This is just as important as the full names of the bridesmaids and where you met. 

• Options
    antoto said:
    fmaon06 said:

image G
    Wait, you're telling me they seriously counted every single cupcake they consumed over the entire time they were dating.

This is not only stupid, but I sense liars.
    This really doesn't bother me. I'm not a huge fan of programs in general, because totally unnecessary,  but I would just look at this as kind of a silly lighthearted thing. I wouldn't think "You liars ! You didn't really count your cupcakes!" I'd think "Humor. Humor about how much you like cupcakes."

Is it irrelevant? Yep. Are "serious" programs telling me the names of the wedding party and what I'm watching in front of me (oh, look. Prayer. Vows. Blessing. Recessional. Who'd have known.) also irrelevant? Yes.

I especially don't mind this because of Walter. Even in silhouette clip art, I think Walter is excellent, and should be featured in any irrelevant printed materials anywhere. This is just as important as the full names of the bridesmaids and where you met. 

LOl I don't think they are like... vindictively lying - It's just this REALLY specific number that probably isn't accurate next to REALLY specific numbers that I'm sure are accurate.  It's just weird and unnecisary.
  • Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

Just….no. Really? Who has time and patience to put something like this together? Definitely not me. I would roll my eyes if I were a guest. 

I rolled my eyes seeing it on her board. But this is the same bride who planned her own 70+ person catered bridal shower (and invoiced the bridal party) and posts wedding statuses on Facebook all the time. Just yesterday she shared something to her FI's wall that if so and so can be on Dancing with the Stars then he could take professional dance lessons for the wedding with her. I have no problem with dance lessons. But I do have a problem when you spend money that you don't have (her parents took out a second mortgage!) on dance lessons instead of properly hosting guests and not compromising with your FI on things that he wants at his wedding "because you can't afford it". 

ETA: My point is everything she does is eye roll worthy, so I wasn't exactly surprised to see this on her board. 

• Options
    Saw this gem as a "picked for you" pin on Pinterest today.  Not sure why it was picked for me as there's nothing relating to bridesmaids on my board, but... ick.  It's a printable invite available on Etsy.

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

Saw this gem as a "picked for you" pin on Pinterest today.  Not sure why it was picked for me as there's nothing relating to bridesmaids on my board, but... ick.  It's a printable invite available on Etsy.

wtf! My aunt and 10 year old cousin are bridesmaids, and my aunt jokingly tells my cousin, "You have to help hellohkb with her dress when she has to use the bathroom! That's one of the bridesmaids jobs!" The joke makes my cousin run out of the room screaming. If it's enough to make my little cousin scream and run out, it's a bad thing to make your poor BMs do. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Twine, burlap, and lace make for an elegant and comfortable champagne-drinking experience.

Ewww... I don't understand why someone would think this was a good idea.
  • Options

???
    I'm going to guess the theme: AW (3 cake toppers???!!!) with a side of hairy balls. 

I think the tower is actually some form of French dessert, but I stand by my statement. 

• Options
    Are the hairy balls the cake? My eyes don't understand what I'm seeing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I figured it was likely supposed to be a croquembouche but I've too have never seen one that looks hairy.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    larrygaga said:

???
    This is the first time a French dessert has prompted my gag reflex. Seriously. These are hairy cow balls. 
    Edit: Or manure on a platter. Gawd.  

• Options
    larrygaga said:

???
    The fried hairy testicles of all the dudes the bride dated? Wtf indeed
  • Options

I do think there is a lot out there that is not for me, but that isn't to say it isn't for someone.  I am personally doing a rustic mountain theme, using mason jars, burlap (some lace), wood slabs but incorporating color as much as possible. I get some people think it's overdone and past, but guess what - I like it.  And most people at my wedding won't have been spending endless hours on pinterest or other wedding websites to know that. I agree that to DO NOT list should contain items or lists that affect your guests and wedding party (ie - the BMs duties. etc.)

I personally think the "honeymoon jars" and dragging the groom to the alter stuff is a bit much and/or awkward, but again, if it's for you, then enjoy!

• Options

I do think there is a lot out there that is not for me, but that isn't to say it isn't for someone.  I am personally doing a rustic mountain theme, using mason jars, burlap (some lace), wood slabs but incorporating color as much as possible. I get some people think it's overdone and past, but guess what - I like it.  And most people at my wedding won't have been spending endless hours on pinterest or other wedding websites to know that. I agree that to DO NOT list should contain items or lists that affect your guests and wedding party (ie - the BMs duties. etc.)

I personally think the "honeymoon jars" and dragging the groom to the alter stuff is a bit much and/or awkward, but again, if it's for you, then enjoy!

The bolded is actually rude - there's no cute way to ask people to pay out money for your vacation. It's awkward because it's pushy and entitled.

The rest of what you mentioned are indeed victimless things, and just mostly not to people's tastes. But tastes are mostly what this thread is about.

• Options

I mean you're allowed to shit on our ideas just as much! Actually, the best and most fun wedding I've ever been to was a pintrest puke center. I am actually modeling my wedding after that one, with different decor. 

You do you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

@larrygaga it is a Croquembouche I believe. It is supposed to be the cake I believe, though I have never seen one with that much "caramel thread" i.e. hair. They are often served at French and Italian weddings according to Wikipedia. CLICKY

ETA: Also I had to google "French ball dessert tower" to find that information. 
    "French ball dessert tower" sounds . . . naughty.

• Options

@larrygaga it is a Croquembouche I believe. It is supposed to be the cake I believe, though I have never seen one with that much "caramel thread" i.e. hair. They are often served at French and Italian weddings according to Wikipedia. CLICKY

Honestly I was scared to hit enter after typing that in the search box for fear of what might come up. Not exactly sure what I was expecting, but glad that everything that came up was PG. 

• Options

Honestly I was scared to hit enter after typing that in the search box for fear of what might come up. Not exactly sure what I was expecting, but glad that everything that came up was PG. 
    It really does sound like something you can order for a bachelorette party. I don't want to think about it too hard.

• Options

This had the caption "Final things before the ring- Bachelorette Bucket list!"  Because how could you possibly get married before flashing a bunch of people in a parking lot first?  There's another one with the same caption, except it's a photo of girls pissing in urinals.  Can't be a good bride if you don't have a photo of yourself peeing in a urinal!

My BMs/slaves need to get it in gear and throw me multiple fabulous parties so I can get everything on this list done. I mean, how am I supposed to get married if I haven't gotten to show my boobs to a bunch of people while I'm in a drunken stupor?!?!?
    This makes me laugh. I don't need to do this for my bachlorette (ps not having one) I did this when I was 18 and at bars. The saying among my friends in University was, "It's not a party until Trixie takes off her shirt". Thank goodness this was before the internet...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards