Snarky Brides

Tuesday Randoms

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Sesh's story about the Twitter follower makes me think of TwoByTwilight ... anybody? ... whose avatar of her E ring always looked like a butt in a thong to me. Edited because TK mobile hates parentheses and dashes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• She posted something on TB not too long ago asking a question about baby hair. She was saying her baby is still balled. She posted quite a bit on TB, I'm kind of afraid that she might actually be real. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use totes as in "Totes Magoats" because it reminds me of I Love You, Man and I can relate to the awkwardness.

I'm excited school's out, but I'm now feeling behind on wedding stuff since I have less than a month.  I thought I was on easy street, but I forgot about all the stupid little stuff like seating charts, bridesmaids/parents gifts, alterations, getting a hotel room, etc.

Also, thanks for the TayPrince link.  I've heard the story, but I hadn't seen it myself yet.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I hate the term YOLO!

A few of the hs kids at work say it all the time and it drives me bananas.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • lbarr, I think it is sticky for a day or two until it dries out. Or so I have heard.

I am restarting the exercise regime this week. Hopefully 6 times a weeks instead of, oh, once or twice.

My brothers girlfriends crack up/got the giggles each time that we say a prayer before we eat. They weren't raised catholic so they don't know the prayer, but it bothered me this weekend.
  • Ahh Kate thanks for the clarification... lol :)

YOLO is obnoxious.  
  • dudes, I'm old, wtf does YOLO mean?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Balled?  Lol I die.

Ugh I hate that I just did this but I got into it with some stupid snatch face on FB about using the word "raped."  A guy was asking about cell phone providers and plans so I shared with him my good experience with Verizon, and this chick wrote after me that she got "pocket raped" by Verizon when her 50 dollar a month bill always turned out to be over 100 bucks with extra fees and taxes.  I was like, "Pocket raped?  Classy" and she was like "yeah I didn't consent to paying all that extra money!"  That's when I told her to read the fine print and she was all "YOU MUST WORK FOR VERIZON!!!"  Ugh.  Sigh.
    panther
  • ...Cool story, bro.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:9abefaa5-248c-4eb8-9a10-606cde3f33f8">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]dudes, I'm old, wtf does YOLO mean?
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

You Only Live Once
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kate, that's pretty disrespectful. I don't care if they aren't familiar, atheists, or whatever; when you're in someone else's home, you respect their beliefs.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:97991cf8-eaad-4c0c-a242-183bd071c542">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Renee Jacob - is she the one that came back with that yoda SN?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Yep.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:cf364c6f-5688-42d6-8dd5-39c7fc74ec96">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Randoms : You Only Live Once
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    oh sweet jesus
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have never heard the term YOLO. I have heard You only live once.

I hate hate hate the "it could be worse" saying. My ex said it to me all the time :P
  • YOLO is freaking stupid. I also hate LOL and only use it when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm bummed we have so many new people. It's ruined my love of QC. They stuck me on QC today and I keep pulling sites by the newbs. They are just awful. These people give writers a bad name. "Your event is special. We make specialty cakes. Let us make your event special with our cakes."

Are you kidding me? Are you EFFING KIDDING ME?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:8ab6beaf-4b2f-4552-9445-4462e25cbdeb">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Randoms : oh sweet jesus
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

They do these stupid things and then yell out "YOLO!!"

I think there is a whole youtube thing for it too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yeah it was like they got the giggles each time. It seemed pretty immature. I think ok, maybe once it happens, but it was a few times.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh yeah it could be worse drives me crazy.

I commented about the humidity this weekend on FB and someone was like "You think it's humid there, you should try living in Georgia."  Um, okay.  Just because it's always humid in Georgia that obviously means it never gets humid in ND.  My bad.

You know what I really hate?  When people chew with their mouth open.  I think it's really disgusting and completely rude.
    panther
  • AATB, I always feel like people get all emotional about cell phone providers on FB.  I've seen a few people post recommendations and one person will say something positive and 2 people will say how much they hate it and it turns into a freakin FB wall war over cell phone providers.  People need to calm the eff down.
  • Blue, shiiit like that is why I'm glad that I work with a bunch of old dudes.

So in my boredom while I'm running reports, I found another tayprince funny.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    We need to go to the grocery store before I go to work in an hour, but I REALLY just want to sit here on my butt and do nothing. Working the closing shift sucks.

Root beer is delicious.

Kate- That would annoy me, too. I don't consider myself Catholic anymore, but my family still prays before every meal when we get together. My cousin's ex never really respected it and always kind of goofed off during. Thank goodness his new girlfriend is so awesome.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh I am confused. I was thinking when you were referencing TayPrince it was Tay Zonday. 

No chocolate rain, just me being dumb.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:e47299ab-f078-4baf-a1ce-366d344a9b55">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOLO is freaking stupid. I also hate LOL and only use it when I'm being sarcastic. I'm bummed we have so many new people. It's ruined my love of QC. They stuck me on QC today and I keep pulling sites by the newbs. They are just awful. These people give writers a bad name. <strong>"Your event is special. We make specialty cakes. Let us make your event special with our cakes."</strong> Are you kidding me? Are you EFFING KIDDING ME?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Creative.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:e47299ab-f078-4baf-a1ce-366d344a9b55">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOLO is freaking stupid. I also hate LOL and only use it when I'm being sarcastic. I'm bummed we have so many new people. It's ruined my love of QC. They stuck me on QC today and I keep pulling sites by the newbs. They are just awful. These people give writers a bad name. "<strong>Your event is special. We make specialty cakes. Let us make your event special with our cakes."</strong> Are you kidding me? Are you EFFING KIDDING ME?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of those 1-800 contacts commericals. Maybe that is where they got their inspiration...I would have followed through though and ended it with, "Look at our special cakes with your special eyes."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:04c4d87f-a37e-4247-b7dc-c183d470d046">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Randoms : This reminds me of those 1-800 contacts commericals. Maybe that is where they got their inspiration...I would have followed through though and ended it with, "Look at our special cakes with your special eyes."
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

Mah BRAND!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:5247d054-d78a-4a4f-9f3e-00476e8be4ce">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmils: here you go <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvEOGSMSpM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvEOGSMSpM</a>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    fuuuuck I hate kids
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have another random annoyance.  My cousins live in Alabama and they have teenagers.  I am friends with them on fb and they always go by their first and middle names.  Like karlee Sienna.  All of their friends on FB are listed the same way.  First and middle names.  I think its so weird.

If people started calling me Melissa Elena I would roll my eyes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d71b41b-8fea-4f77-bbfc-2257b623709ePost:aa7d0d23-9f15-4253-8611-e88c559c08d7">Re: Tuesday Randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bahaha, noshes.<strong> I always wonder what's on the radio in other people's cars</strong>.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I always wonder that too. I also love seeing people totally rocking out to their music. It makes me happy since there's usually so much negativity associated with commuting, so it's refreshing to see someone enjoying their music on their drive to/from work.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Ha, look with your special eyes. It does sound like one of those commercials.

It's embarassing really, because for the most part, we have to let crap like that slide through due to us behind behind and not having a lot of time. So my name is now associated with a piece of shiiit, although I try to fix it as best I can. And even worse, the person who wrote that was constantly praised for his creative writing. I feel like I'm in an alternate writing universe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards