Snarky Brides

AMAs- Why does everyone sound like sh*t?

Not to mention- what happened to "radio edit versions" of songs?  Everyone's just cursing away.  I mean, I don't care, but getting bleeped (or whatever) doesn't make anyone cooler. 

Re: AMAs- Why does everyone sound like sh*t?

• Of course I wrote that and Carrie Underwood sounds great.  So did Kelly Clarkson actually.  B just said that's because the American Idol actually had to learn to sing live and do it weekly, unlike most of the pre-packaged pop stars who mostly lip synch.
  • I was waiting for Lady GaGa's hair to go up in flames. I guess it was better than the VMAs where I thought her GaGa might fall out!
  • I'm not watching the AMAs, but this is one of the reasons why.  

Another is that I'm mad AMAs mean no Brothers and Sisters.  
  • I thought Kelly Clarkson was really good and so was Whitney actually.  I thought this years was much better than a few in the past.  

Ohh but why the hell was Michael Jackson up for any awards???   And of course he won them all.  They could have done a tribute or some shiit, instead they jacked the award from other people.
  • because it's the ama's. would you expect any different from the tripe featured on that show?
  • I do want to see Adam Lambert though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amas-everyone-sound-like-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7134c516-1be1-412c-8b51-c42ca749e80fPost:2e1c9a5e-abd3-4f24-88e7-7eed3ba4d1da">Re: AMAs- Why does everyone sound like sh*t?</a>:
    [QUOTE]because it's the ama's. would you expect any different from the tripe featured on that show?
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

As opposed to which show?  They all pretty much have the same acts.
  • I ate tripe in England, before anyone told me what it was.  It was sooo gross.

And they have performers based on radio plays.  These are the people/songs that get played on the radio...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amas-everyone-sound-like-sht?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7134c516-1be1-412c-8b51-c42ca749e80fPost:d917e23b-18cc-4e66-b09d-0a12d2ecc564">Re: AMAs- Why does everyone sound like sh*t?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AMAs- Why does everyone sound like sh*t? : As opposed to which show?  They all pretty much have the same acts.
    Posted by FallinAgain[/QUOTE]
    agreed. anything of that ilk i'd say the same.
  • I don't know why Michael Jackson had to die for him to actually get some recognition again. Just goes to show :(
  • Just goes to show he hadn't produced anything relevant in mainstream American popular music in over a decade?
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards