Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Dress pressing

Ok, so I am bringing my dress to Becky on the 8th for alterations, and she is going to be done by the 11th or12th and my bridals are the 15th. I just started thinking about this... will I have to get my dress pressed in between there? or does Becky press it? I have no clue, I guess. Now I am freaking out about how close these two dates are. Also, my dress is tight on the hips (and looser on top) so it has to be altered in some way so I have room and it sits better- what if there isn't enough material? Becky didnt ask a thing about the extent of the alterations when she said the turn time was absoltely no problem (and Terry Costa never mentioned I would need more fabric or anything so I figute it can be adjusted a bit as is). I feel clueless right now. Share your knowledge with me ladies on these matters! I am going into one month to wedding and lots to do, and panic and stress mode!

Re: Dress pressing

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jess, my fitting is on the 8th too!  And I have the same question--I was going to ask Becky.  But I won't need it until my wedding.I wouldn't worry.  But email Becky and let her know your concerns. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am going at noon- are you going anywhere close to that time? On a total side note, stephie- i still have not finished my blurb book? Did yours come yet? I have to do this weekend.
    edited December 2011
    Mine is at 11.  I just emailed her today and asked if my BMs could come too.  Maybe not though since you're at noon.Yes the book looks great!  I am sooo happy with it.  I wish I would have spent the extra $10 and got premium paper, but it looks fine the way it is.
  • edited December 2011
    We have a good chance of running into each other coming and going at Becky's! Sounds like the book came fast so that is good for me since I need it in just over a month. I will have to look at the paper now- didn't even think about that.
  • l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww I'll be going to see Becky too but at 8 in the morning so I will miss both of ya'll...Hopefully she can work her magic and be able to alter your dress! I believe she presses dresses...you can ask her!
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, let's see--I ordered the book on 7/11 and it came on 7/22 I think.  Is anyone coming with you to the fitting?  I am bringing my mom, FMIL and maybe my BMs.
  • edited December 2011
    That's not bad on the book but I've so gotta finish it this weekend. Procrastanition (and FIs truck broke down last weekend and messed up our weekend) I think it is just going to be just me but then my MOH will go with me when I pick it up so she can learn how to bustle and make sure she knows how to tie up the back. My mom and FMIL aren't local nor is my sister. I have one local BM (FSIL), but I probably wouldnt ask her unless it was something critical. I am wondering if I shouls ask MOH to go when I first go too? Are you picking yours up already altered or first bringing it in on the 8th?
    edited December 2011
    I'm going for the first fitting.  I was going to have my BMs bring their dresses to see if they needed anything.  My mom and FMIL are just coming to see me in the dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Almost every cleaners that has been recommended on this board has taken 5-7 business days to get your dress back.
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jess! Okay- since we have the same dress here's my two cents. I bought a conair steamer from walmart for right around $30, and my bms steamed my dress the morning of the wedding. It turned out beautifully! It was really easy, and now I own a steamer. The dress wasn't discolored or damaged AT ALL. It is a two person job, but for the convenience of a quick turnaround, it really can't be beat.
  • edited December 2011
    Just so you guys know, Becky does press your dress for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Mariah- thanks for the info on Becky. Almoyo- I've actually been thinking about getting a steamer for some curtains I need steamed anyway so I think this would be good to have for any dress steaming that might be needed anyway! Thank you. $30 is awesome too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards