Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: where to buy a mattress?

We're trying to make one big purchase a month to get our house to where we want it.I think that I've decided that I want a new mattress to big the next purchase, so that we can put our current mattress set in the guest room.  That will pretty much round out all of our furniture purchases and let us focus on doing outdoor projects.I've heard of a lot of places having good sales right now, but where's the best place to get an inexpensive, but durable and comfortable mattress? I really know nothing about mattresses.

Re: NWR: where to buy a mattress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you hurry in, Sleep Experts is having their Christmas in July sale.  We got our bed from them and have been really happy with it.  I can't wait to upgrade to a bigger one!  Hopefully soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our King size mattress at Sleep Experts.  We got a good deal (free box springs) and also 18 months no interest. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are looking to upgrade from our full size to a queen.  What's a reasonable price for a decent mattress set?  Nothing too fancy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I saw a Queen mattress and box springs on sale at Macys (online).  Originally $899 on sale for $300.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like the Mattress Firm in Denton is a clearance center, so their mattresses are even more discounted, I'll have to see if FI wants to go check it out tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think like wedding stuff, a decent price depends on what you set your price range at.  While I'm sure it's not unusual for people to spend $2000 for a set, we set a general goal for $1000.  I think if we hadn't tried out mattress sets on the high end, we probably could have spent even less than that because anything would feel better than our current mattress.Mattress Giant is having a 50% off sale for select sets.  We went to the one in Frisco by Ikea and found that helpful (we didn't like the one by the Vista Ridge Mall as much).We ended up going with a clearance mattress and set of box springs from the Mattress Firm Supercenter just across the freeway from the Vista Ridge Mall.  I think the original price of the set was upwards of $2000 and we got it for about $1100.  The down side to the clearance selection is that there is no warranty on the mattress.  But we figure we don't often hear of people using their mattress warranties so we gambled in order to get the nicer bed.  If we screwed up, next time we know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and ours was for a king set, if that helps.
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're a costco member, they have great prices. I got my queen mattress there for around $600, it's name brand (can't remember off the top of my head), pillow top and I couldn't be happier with it. Even if you aren't members if they have them in stock and for the $40 membership it's still probably worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also bought ours at sleep experts when they where having the mix and match sell. We got a king size sometype of pillow top for a lil over 1000. I love the bed, the people where so nice and we ended up getting a matching set. When we where bed shopping we found that the clearence centers where just as much as the regular stores.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a mattress brand called Denver Mattress that is AMAZING... and incredibly affordable.   They are only located in the "Furniture Row" shopping centers in kind of the outskirts towns.  There is one in Sherman and one in Waco that I believe are closest. Those are some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on and you can get a queen set for $399 and up..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the dump--they have some nice ones that are relatively inexpensive
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok Seriously... You need to give this guy a call.. His name is John and he sells mattresses that are manufactured here in Dallas. We just bought our King from him. For our pillowtop mattress, box springs, bed frame and delivery, it was $400!!! And we LOVE the bed. We both sleep so well. He is able to sell them cheaply because he doesn't have a "showroom". It sounds shady, but it's not. He has a storage unit (which my friend's dad owns, so thats how we heard about it) and you can try out the beds there. He is really, really nice. My aunt and uncle just bought a bed from him too. Ours came with a 10 year warranty too. His name is John and his number is 972-679-9692. Seriously. Give him a call!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that! :)  I just sent that info to my gmail.  $400 sounds amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten 3 mattresses from mattress giant and always had a good experience. Most recently I got my guest room full size set from the one in frisco by the ikea. I got a good for around $500 I believe with box spring and the upgraded frame. The price was comparable to what I saw at Sam's and the bed was much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards