Snarky Brides

You know what I don't get about the Olympics?

How come they can't get those poor athletes some uniforms that fit properly?  Or is there something aerodynamic about wearing a leotard that's way too small?

Seriously.  Those beach volleyball girls, the swimmer girls, the gymnast girls - ALL their outfits are riding up their ass.  Wtf.
panther

Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?

• Last night, I noticed how tight the girls gymnastic uniforms were around their crotch. I'm assuming they need it to be right but holy hell.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Gah, the women's swim suits are probably the most unflattering article of clothing ever created.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha I remember those gymnastics uniforms being SUPER uncomfortable.  I remember seeing Ali Reisman picking a few wedgies during the hour or so I saw.  I mean, you can't even side eye them for doing that.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:40990c63-855c-44f9-940e-a27dfbac0fcd">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gah, the women's swim suits are probably the most unflattering article of clothing ever created.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    It makes them all look flat chested! I keep wondering if they are all flat or those suits are like duct tape.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • If I were a gymnast I would prefer them to be skintight rather than risk a wardrobe malfunction in the middle of a routine with all that flying around. I think a lot of them use that sticky tape or spray stuff to keep the Leo sticking to their skin.
  • Hike, I think they mostly are flat-chested. It's just their build, like swimmers have really broad upper bodies, so all the suits are unflattering just because of that.

Personally I'd rather have the super tight outfit and know I'm covered rather than worry about it slipping during a move.
  • Skin tight wouldn't bother me, but having it so tight that it's literally LITERALLY halfway up my ass?  Good God, it's not going anywhere.  It can't.  It's IN MY ASS.
    panther
  • I bet their uniforms are all tight so it doesn't shift around while they're doing their sport. Like the gymnast leotards--can you imagine if one of the leotards shifted in the crotch region while a gal was doing the splits?

In high school, we wore our volleyball uniforms just a smidge small so the top wouldn't be waving and flapping around while we were playing.
  • But like okay - the men gymnasts all wear looser shorts and pants. 
    panther
  • I think they come in way to narrow at their boobs so it just looks awkward.

And yeah, I agree I'd rather a gymnastics leo be too tight than too baggy. I wonder if they feel tight though?  When I used to do ballet the leos would look like they were tight but they never were uncomfortable.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:b918b8ca-484e-4888-937f-af2157df2dc0">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet their uniforms are all tight so it doesn't shift around while they're doing their sport. Like the gymnast leotards--can you imagine if one of the leotards shifted in the crotch region while a gal was doing the splits? In high school, we wore our volleyball uniforms just a smidge small so the top wouldn't be waving and flapping around while we were playing.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    We got super tight bathing suits for HS swimming so there wouldn't be any drag. But you could still see my boobs. This was also in the 90's so there wasn't crazy suit technology back then.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:a100bcf4-9948-4597-94c3-ecdc13a68195">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But like okay - the men gymnasts all wear looser shorts and pants. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah but I'd image their undergarments are tight as helll lol</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:a100bcf4-9948-4597-94c3-ecdc13a68195">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But like okay - the men gymnasts all wear looser shorts and pants. 
    They are definitely rocking a leotard under those pants and shorts. The pants are probably for modesty so spectators don't have to see the twigs and berries bulging out.
  • Yeah we always ordered our meet swimsuits 2 sizes too small. They fricken hurt.

LOL @ twigs and berries.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:d3ed7a69-0056-4707-b96d-d514a6e6a23f">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics? : They are definitely rocking a leotard under those pants and shorts. The pants are probably for modesty so spectators don't have to see the twigs and berries bulging out.

Of course - but they're still wearing a loose garment, kwim?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:d3ed7a69-0056-4707-b96d-d514a6e6a23f">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics? : They are definitely rocking a leotard under those pants and shorts. The pants are probably for modesty so spectators don't have to see the twigs and berries bulging out.
    Or to save face if there's no bulging going on ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:842c6dd2-6ed3-4007-a653-8cf465572938">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics? : Of course - but they're still wearing a loose garment, kwim?
    It's still tight underneath! :)

And the world is ok with seeing tits and ass, just not dong outlines I guess.
  • I'm sorry, I was too busy being fixated by the Ke$ha glitter on the gymnasts to notice their tight suits.

Although, I did notice how extremely high cut the leg openings were. 
  • I'm not gonna lie, I'd be totally distracted by a dong outline.

Boobs and butts, whatever. Man parts in a tight leotard? Yup, I'd be giggling.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:c77bbd07-b030-402b-9c8f-172d365ad537">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, I was too busy being fixated by the Ke$ha glitter on the gymnasts to notice their tight suits. <strong>Although, I did notice how extremely high cut the leg openings were. 
    </strong>Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

this. Like I get that they have to be tight, but can't they be a little more comfortable? more like boy cut bottoms?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The beef I have with the US women's leotards is the color. Purple? F'real?
  • I think the leg openings are cut so high because it makes the legs look longer.
    panther
  • I was wondering if the higher cut helped with mobility, since they have so many crazy flexible moves. It just makes them look straight out of the 80s though.
  • uh, I thought it was navy too. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • What I don't get is if the women's gymnastics leotards are so tight, then where's the camel toe? If the men were wearing the same thing, you better believe we'd me seeing some man-mel toe, kwim?

And the women's swimsuits come in way too narrow on the chest. I saw a lot of side-boobage and near wardrobe malfunctions quite a few times last night. Dana Vollmer was about to spill outta that thing when she was celebrating her win.

Side note: what I don't understand more than the uniforms, is the little tripod thing on the bows for archery. Is it a canter point for balance? Follow-through? I'm sure I've seen it before, but my naive mind always figured it was so they could set them down without fvcking up the string on the bow.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:07b74cc9-a536-40d0-98b2-5ddaacea25e9">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I don't get is if the women's gymnastics leotards are so tight, then where's the camel toe? If the men were wearing the same thing, you better believe we'd me seeing some man-mel toe, kwim? And the women's swimsuits come in way too narrow on the chest. I saw a lot of side-boobage and near wardrobe malfunctions quite a few times last night. <strong>Dana Vollmer was about to spill outta that thing when she was celebrating her win. </strong>Side note: what I don't understand more than the uniforms, is the little tripod thing on the bows for archery. Is it a canter point for balance? Follow-through? I'm sure I've seen it before, but my naive mind always figured it was so they could set them down without fvcking up the string on the bow.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    yes! I think she is the same one I was thinking about but half of her boob was out when she was being interviewed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know. They look purple to me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_you-know-what-i-dont-get-about-the-olympics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:78c17816-dd46-4d76-bc73-3094d41e6afePost:07b74cc9-a536-40d0-98b2-5ddaacea25e9">Re: You know what I don't get about the Olympics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What I don't get is if the women's gymnastics leotards are so tight, then where's the camel toe? </strong>If the men were wearing the same thing, you better believe we'd me seeing some man-mel toe, kwim? And the women's swimsuits come in way too narrow on the chest. I saw a lot of side-boobage and near wardrobe malfunctions quite a few times last night. Dana Vollmer was about to spill outta that thing when she was celebrating her win. Side note: what I don't understand more than the uniforms, is the little tripod thing on the bows for archery. Is it a canter point for balance? Follow-through? I'm sure I've seen it before, but my naive mind always figured it was so they could set them down without fvcking up the string on the bow.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've been mulling this over. Do you think they were pantiliners to keep the camel toe at bay? I haven't seen much, if any...

</div>
  • I've always wondered why they have sleeves. It seems like the tight long sleeves would be more restricting than anything else. I'd rather have thinner straps and have my arms free.

And they are totally purple.
  • I think there's a regulation somewhere about them having sleeves, no? Since they don't have pants or something about modesty. I can't remember. All I know is Nadia Comaneci was my idol when I was in 1st grade.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards