Snarky Brides

Good Evening!

What's going on? What's up?  How's life?

We're on severe storm watch here and doing a little non-stressful math homework but otherwise it's a pretty lazy night.

I've got my fingers crossed that the hail will miss it though.  I've got too much garden to cover it all up  :(

Re: Good Evening!

• Hi Anna!

I hope the storms miss you! I wish we could have some storms down here. It's been hot and muggy for a while. I took my walk around 7:30 this morning and it was already disgusting!

I went out to lunch today along the water and it was so nice. We moved to a really pretty town and I love that!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Im here watching Wheel of Fortune with my MIL.  I fell asleep for about an hour.  Its been a long day.  We got up really early for a funeral.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Howdy, I'm half-ass here. We're expecting storms, too, Anna. I hope they miss us both!

I'm super bummed. The event coordinator at my venue for the wedding was amazing and we stayed friends after the wedding. About 3 months before my wedding, she was diagnosed with Cancer and was battling it like a champ. I just found out that she passed away this afternoon, and it totally breaks my heart. We just talked a few weeks ago and she seemed so positive and like things were going well :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dmills- That's so sad. I'm sorry to hear that. 

Blue- I'm sorry you had a long day and had to go to a funeral. I hope you're feeling a little better though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b5e5646-cefa-45cc-837d-d098472db653Post:94dea031-94e6-421d-bdae-f577bf1e8ad4">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmills- That's so sad. I'm sorry to hear that.  Blue- I'm sorry you had a long day and had to go to a funeral. I hope you're feeling a little better though.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Its actually been a really really good day otherwise ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, good! I'm glad!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im chilling out drinking a diet pop, we havnt had any in the house for weeks cause I always forget to buy it, so Im savoring it before I go do other stuff. I THINK my tests went really well today, I know for sure I nailed the last one, but the middle one was balls. Its a test of 50 questions, math and logic and crap like that, and you have to answer as many as possible in 12 minutes. I skipped a bunch of the math ones because it was a waste of time to try to jot out the math to figure it out. Even skipping those, I only got to #39.
  • Nebb- When do you find out about the job and how you did?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NEBB!!!  I forgot about your test today!!!

Im sure you aced it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi. My dogs are currently going apeshit because the UPS man is outside.

I'm sorry DMill, that's sad.
  • NebbNebb member
    There were tons of people who already worked for them but had to retake certain tests for whatever reason and this one guy ahead of me told me that from the time of his initial application to date of hire was 9 months. It takes approximately 1 month just to get the test results and I have to hit certain amounts to qualify for interviewing, and even if you pass that portion, you are just approved to work for them but dont necessarily get offered a position for months. Pretty nuts process!
  • DMil- that sucks.  That was like the funeral I went to today.  2 weeks ago he went to see the Dr for what he thought was a pinched nerve.  Ends up being stage 4 lung, bone, liver, and lymph node cancer.  He died on Saturday.  It took him really fast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nebb- I would love for you to get this job and tell that asshole at work to go eff her mother.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That sounds like a crazy process Nebb!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We are getting our asses kicked by storms..cable has been out for 1.5 hours..hopefully we don't lose power.

FI is also trying to grill right now. Hopefully I don't lose him.
    June 16, 2012
  • Im watching the Presidents speech right now.  I really hate that he says "taliban"  Tal-EEE-bahn and Packistan as Pack-eee-stahn.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b5e5646-cefa-45cc-837d-d098472db653Post:9fd71f4f-f783-448d-9fdc-29594f5f5624">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DMil- that sucks.  That was like the funeral I went to today. <strong> 2 weeks ago he went to see the Dr for what he thought was a pinched nerve.  Ends up being stage 4 lung, bone, liver, and lymph node cancer.  He died on Saturday. </strong> It took him really fast.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Jesus, that is terrible :(
  • NebbNebb member
    I just looked, for the messed up 12 minute test I have to get atleast 18 right to pass (god damn I hope I did considering I answered MAYBE 30 Yell), but the really long english writing skills test only needs 21/112 for 2 of the positions I applied to, or 51/112 for the other 2. That seems atleast like decent odds since I didnt find it that hard.

Thanks guys :)
  • thanks, guys :)
    Blue, that's terrible. So sorry for your loss. But I like seeing that it's been a good day otherwise ;)

Nebb, I'm sure you kicked ass on your test. When you get the job, I think we should have an entire thread about the shiit you should say to co-workers on your last day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b5e5646-cefa-45cc-837d-d098472db653Post:8328656d-3bf9-42a3-8f22-6603844fc785">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks, guys :) Blue, that's terrible. So sorry for your loss. But I like seeing that it's been a good day otherwise ;) Nebb, I'm sure you kicked ass on your test. When you get the job,<strong> I think we should have an entire thread about the shiit you should say to co-workers on your last day.</strong>
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Ohhh that would be one vile thread! From the shingle twins scratching their sores on corners of things, to there literally being poop on the bathroom wall once, I have a LOT to say about that place. Im still applying to other jobs for now, its douchy but I will take whatever I can (that pays equal to what I make now) and just bide my time until  I get through the process at this other place.
  • NebbNebb member
    I know what I will do my last day. Im going to eat whatever I can that will give me the stinkiest, worst poop ever. Then im gonna poop at work and just lay on the febreeze and not turn on the fan. My co-irker HATES when people poop at work and always complains about it (since you know, she doesnt poop), so atleast that will get her. I will have to plan things for the other people.

That was probably TMI but whatever lol
  • You should leave an upper decker.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha, that's a good plan Nebb! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    lol whats an upper decker?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b5e5646-cefa-45cc-837d-d098472db653Post:829e5d59-0638-422c-9027-bc04fed09a70">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol whats an upper decker?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=upper+decker" rel="nofollow">http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=upper+decker</a>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man, that's so gross!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    LOL that is AWESOME!!! I so need to do that.
  • YWIA
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good evening ladies.  

Nebb, I'm pretty sure poop is always in the best plans.  Especially vengeance-type plans.

I'm currently feeling slightly stressed....I only have a couple weeks left in the grading period, and I have 50 essays to grade, not to mention the assignments that I collect daily, plus the 8 page test that I'm going to be giving next week.  The sad part is that I never assign "busy work."  It's always things that they need extra practice on, or a skill they need to show that they've mastered. Besides all that, I have thank you cards from my shower that I need to write (I have another shower next weekend), plus I'm working on woodburning table numbers and other wedding crafty stuff.  Boo.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lindsey- Can you grade some during that huge test? When my kids were doing the state tests, I'd use that time to get caught up with grading.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards