Snarky Brides

Re: a

• Do you have another place to "do the deed at"?  Could you possibly ask the hotel to move you and your H to a different part of the hotel?  Hotels are built with sex in mind so it might be better than you think.  There are ways to muffle the sound too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My FMIL jokes she's going with us to our honeymoon in the room next to us. be thankful she is doingthis. And I read some where that about 80% of couples do NOT do the deed their wedding night. So even if you are planning on doing the deed doesn't meanyou are going to. You may very well be to drunk or to tired. If you are that concerned about it maybe you can see if you can switch with someone who is on the end. Or say 'thank you mom but no thank you because we would like some privacy on our wedding night" I'm sure she'll understand
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it is in your budget to go elsewhere and that is what you want to do, just politely decline.  I think you can say thanks, but no thanks without being rude and unappreciative.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Are you that loud? Is it like a bed and breakfast or a real hotel? I could see the walls being thin at a B&B, but not so much a problem at a hotel.
  • What does your FI think?  He could tell your mom that he politely declines the offer because you (both of you, he shouldn't make it sound like you are ungrateful and that it's all your idea) want to stay somewhere more private.  I think you are well within your rights to want some privacy on your first night as a married couple. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-way-out-of-this-being-rude-should-just?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b6799ec-4e6c-43b1-8559-5fca1a5bfa06Post:c598010c-4901-4d40-8f1c-d22362d82b2c">Re: Is there a way to get out of this without being rude? Or should I just do it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FMIL jokes she's going with us to our honeymoon in the room next to us. be thankful she is doingthis. And I read some where that about 80% of couples do NOT do the deed their wedding night. So even if you are planning on doing the deed doesn't meanyou are going to. Posted by Midgetth[/QUOTE]

Umm. I hope this isn't true...?
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • You may be optimistic that you even end up doing the deed after the wedding. Most women here will tell you they just went to sleep and this was the last thing on their mind.
    How long are you going to be in the B&B? Just for the night? And are you going on a HM?
    I wouldn't worry about it, just thank her. And enjoy the room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited June 2010
    This would make me uncomfortable too, not just because of the sex part, but just privacy in general. I wouldn't want to know that there was family in that close of proximity on my wedding night. Though I agree with PPs that there's a good chance you won't get around to sex the night of, or at least not the marathon sex you're talking about. I think it's pretty normal either way it goes, because you are going to be more tired and/or drunk than you've been in a long time after the day is over.

I would run it by your FI, and if he's on the same page, find someplace else, book it, and then politely decline her offer, saying you've found a really great, private place for just the two of you. And promise to meet them all for breakfast at the inn the next morning or something. They won't even have a chance to miss you. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I would just decline it and go somewhere else.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • No my FMIL is not serious. She thinks it's funny. She says that about every tripe we take that she's going with us & having the room next to it. She laughs about so now it's kinda like a joke. i don't even remember how it started.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you're not too loud, then no worries. If you are then I suggest going elsewhere to spend the night

• kjreedkjreed member
    First Comment
    I would call the Inn and see if they can accomodate your situation, I am SURE they will understand and will accomodate based on all the business you are giving them!

Enjoy!!Tongue out
  • 1.  Many couples do not have sex on their wedding day because of how exhausted you are by the time the day is over, so I think you're being a bit optimistic that you'll be having sex for a "very long time."

2.  I'd stay there and have the loudest sex ever.... make FIL proud ;)

kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Ditto Betrothed123.  Make them proud, but seriously if you're that uncomfortable staying there then decline, but if you call and find out about the room privacy then go for staying there.  Most people get that it's your wedding night and the deed is a definite possibility and won't say anything except make a little joke the next morning.  
  • Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think it's a huge deal, although I could see why you'd be worried. I mean, they know it's your wedding night. If you're not comfortable having crazy, screaming sex, can't you have quiet sex? Or you could do it in the bathroom with the extra layer of the bathroom door muffling the sound.

Really, if she's next door, she has to be aware of this possibility!
  • UUUM IM NOT SURE ON THIS ONE...ONE ONE SIDE I WOULD SAY FIND SOMEONE THAT STILL NEEDED A HOTEL AND ASK UR FMIL IF THEY CAN TAKE YOURS SO THEY CAN SPEND THE DAY WITH THE REST OF THE FAMILY..OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT AND GET YOUR OWN ROOM..BUT ON THE OTHER HAND SINCE YOU ARE SO CLOSE WITH HER YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO LIE..I GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW SHE USUALLY WOULD REACT TO SITUATIONS LIKE THIS..ITS AN IDEA IF YOUR UP TO IT..BUT IF NOT SAY THAT YOU WERE SUPRISING YOUR "HUBBY" WITH A ROOM AT ANOTHER HOTEL BUT DIDNT KNOW HOW TO TELL HER..IF YOU GET ALONG SHE SHOULDNT TAKE IT SO HARD..BUT I DONT KNOW HER SO YOU THINK ABOUT IT...I HOPE MY ALL OVER THE PLACE ADVICE HELPS!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-way-out-of-this-being-rude-should-just?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b6799ec-4e6c-43b1-8559-5fca1a5bfa06Post:dc26d735-ac54-4cd0-8fd7-326280423621">Re: Is there a way to get out of this without being rude? Or should I just do it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]UUUM IM NOT SURE ON THIS ONE...ONE ONE SIDE I WOULD SAY FIND SOMEONE THAT STILL NEEDED A HOTEL AND ASK UR FMIL IF THEY CAN TAKE YOURS SO THEY CAN SPEND THE DAY WITH THE REST OF THE FAMILY..OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT AND GET YOUR OWN ROOM..BUT ON THE OTHER HAND SINCE YOU ARE SO CLOSE WITH HER YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO LIE..I GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW SHE USUALLY WOULD REACT TO SITUATIONS LIKE THIS..ITS AN IDEA IF YOUR UP TO IT..BUT IF NOT SAY THAT YOU WERE SUPRISING YOUR "HUBBY" WITH A ROOM AT ANOTHER HOTEL BUT DIDNT KNOW HOW TO TELL HER..IF YOU GET ALONG SHE SHOULDNT TAKE IT SO HARD..BUT I DONT KNOW HER SO YOU THINK ABOUT IT...I HOPE MY ALL OVER THE PLACE ADVICE HELPS!!
    Posted by MarinesPrincess89[/QUOTE]

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • maybe she's like my MIL and wants a wedding night grandchild and wants to make sure you're having sex!

seeing your MIL do the humpy-humpy move at your rehearsal dinner... very disturbing!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards