Snarky Brides
Options

Two sets of twins

I think the twin vibes got sent to Indiana.

LINK

A woman and her husband had a few attempts at failed IVF.  They chose a Gestational carrier and implanted her with embryos.  The doctors suggested that they implant them in her as well.  They are both pregnant with twins.  They'll have 3 girls and a boy.
imageVacation

Re: Two sets of twins

• Options
    When it rains, it pours BAY-BEHS.
    panther
  • Options
    I would be shiiting my pants if I were about to have four babies. I think it would be awesome if they're born on the same day.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    This seems really... irresponsible. To do IVF on two people at the same time?
  • Options
    That's what I was going to say, too. Can they support four babies? Am I incorrect in assuming they need to pay medical for the surrogate? What does insurance cover?

This seems like piss poor planning to me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_two-sets-of-twins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84baa06f-7a84-4b54-99e5-65c8ca394851Post:e38fe112-a76e-411f-af60-3b6806519854">Re: Two sets of twins</a>:
    [QUOTE]This seems really... irresponsible. To do IVF on two people at the same time?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I agree.  if she had multpile failed IVF's, and if she was over a certain age, there is a good chance they put a bunch of embies up in there.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Wow. 

A friend of mine from HS has a 2 year old, a 1 year old, and is having twins via a surrogate due in June.  Her 1 year old has auditory neuropathy and just had surgery for a cochlear implant, and the 2 year old just broke her leg.  And she's prepping for the twins to arrive, when she will have 4 kids all under age 3. She is crazy busy, and an amazing mom/person. 
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    I sometimes don't know how people afford 1 kid, let alone 4.  At the same time.  We aren't even TTC yet and I'm already a little freaked out by the cost of having/raising a kid. 

Edit: I know that we CAN afford a kid, and I wouldn't have one if we couldn't.  But yeah, kids are not cheap. 
  • Options
    Of my dads nine siblings, there are three sets of twins. But, obviously, they weren't all born at the same time. Yikes.
  • Options

It says in the article that she didn't think it would work for her anyway.  I am having a hard time understanding why someone would put their body/emotions through that if they REALLY believed it wouldn't work. I am not in her shoes so I guess I don't quite understand, but I would have waited until we heard about the surrogate.

imageVacation
  • Options
    My FIL keeps joking that twins run in their family (they do) and that since N isn't a twin, we'll definitely have twins. Mothereffer, we're still trying to plan out how to afford one kid right now. Don't stress us more.

I'm going to tell him he can have one next time he brings it up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_two-sets-of-twins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84baa06f-7a84-4b54-99e5-65c8ca394851Post:70f2b3f0-038b-4565-940a-847c445b3350">Re:Two sets of twins</a>:
    [QUOTE]Of my dads nine siblings, there are three sets of twins. But, obviously, they weren't all born at the same time. Yikes.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Random fact.  If you have 1 set of twins your chance of having another jumps to 1 in 9.  Cray cray.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_two-sets-of-twins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84baa06f-7a84-4b54-99e5-65c8ca394851Post:d24bb6ec-bf7f-4bba-835f-47d983b816b2">Re: Two sets of twins</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FIL keeps joking that twins run in their family (they do) and that since N isn't a twin, we'll definitely have twins. Mothereffer, we're still trying to plan out how to afford one kid right now. Don't stress us more. I'm going to tell him he can have one next time he brings it up.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

If its his side you are safe.  You are the one who needs to drop 2 eggs, so its your side that counts.  His side doesnt factor in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Are you saying I'm screwed, Blue?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_two-sets-of-twins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84baa06f-7a84-4b54-99e5-65c8ca394851Post:26136a12-76d2-4b94-a963-76be159fd1cb">Re:Two sets of twins</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you saying I'm screwed, Blue?

Lol, its possible.  Are they identical?  Because identical twins are just a fluke.

But family history only increases your chances just a little bit.  Not the huge percentage that people think.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not identical. Thats good to know, though. I dont ever want two toddlers.
  • Options
    This quote from the article bugs me. 

[QUOTE]"Why not both of you try? I mean, who knows?" Gentry told RTV6. "I think [Misty’s] thought was, 'Sure, why not? But it's not going to work with me. It never works.'" [/QUOTE]

I highly doubt a couple who's going through IVF/surrogacy are goign to be all 'yeah whatever' about getting pregnant.
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_two-sets-of-twins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84baa06f-7a84-4b54-99e5-65c8ca394851Post:e1759630-2810-4d48-99da-4647a92460bc">Re:Two sets of twins</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not identical. Thats good to know, though. I dont ever want two toddlers.

Actually, you're possibly screwed.  It's true that the "twinning" gene runs through the maternal line, however, your father could essentially be a carrier.  He wouldn't be at risk to have twins himself, because he doesn't ovulate, however, as his daughter, there's the possibility that YOU inheret the gene for hyper-ovulation from him (well, from your grandmother.) 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards