Snarky Brides

Hello? ello? ello?

2»

Re: Hello? ello? ello?

• Edie, that house is really nice.  I love my house but kind of miss looking at them.  It was fun.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:72947cf0-b28d-4a8e-b6b3-951659afd798">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? : What's an average price for your area? And thanks MilkDuds!  This is the house I mentioned once with bedrooms on the first floor.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Around 300K. Right now we are in city condo. If we decided to buy again it will be in suburban area. Right now where I would love to live is a bit high but I don't see it coming down any time soon.

I still search all the time though.
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:3e914b69-ec6c-41fd-b098-641b8fa68853">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? : Ditto!  FI and I will most likely have to look elsewhere when we buy.  South of the city, on the ocean = way too pricey.  The area we are in is "old money" and unless we strike the lotto we will not be buying around us in this lifetime.   Edie- That house is gorgeous.  Hopefully there will be many more like it when you really start looking!
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I'm in love with a house in Pacific Heights (not for sale) that I walk by every day, and I just looked up the estimated home cost. $3 million, for a small 4 bedroom with one parking spot. Sigh.

ETA: "Small four bedroom" meaning it'a small considering the number of rooms it has, not that four bedrooms make a small house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:3082efe0-e92e-45c2-a42c-9c5a4a90be15">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? :<strong> I'm in love with a house in Pacific Heights (not for sale) that I walk by every day,</strong> and I just looked up the estimated home cost. $3 million, for a small 4 bedroom with one parking spot. Sigh.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

I do this too. Every time we are in Pasadena( which is often) I see houses I love. They aren't for sale though. I still love the Father Of The Bride house. It is not for sale though.
  • Done and done, Edie! And Dodgers, I haven't seen that movie in ages! I remember having a stron reaction to the bride's assumption that her father would pay for everything, and I laughed at how unrealistic that character was. And then I joined TK :P
  • I wanna house shop! We impulse bought our house, cuz we're awesome like that. The only one we looked at! but it's absolutely our home.

We had homemade chicken fried rice, now we're Bacheloring it up and I'm going to have a Corona+lime. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:3082efe0-e92e-45c2-a42c-9c5a4a90be15">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? : I'm in love with a house in Pacific Heights (not for sale) that I walk by every day, and I just looked up the estimated home cost. $3 million, for a small 4 bedroom with one parking spot. Sigh. ETA: "Small four bedroom" meaning it'a small considering the number of rooms it has, not that four bedrooms make a small house.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>When I got on my hilly runs, I run along mansions along cliffs overlooking the ocean.  I'm sure they're a couple mill.  It's ridiculous.  Sort of makes you feel out of place in an area like that.  Obviously the whole area isn't like that but still there are the sections where everyone drives Range Rovers and Bentleys and I ruise around in my 99 Acura.  Whomp whomp...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:62c607b9-ce58-4ef1-b109-eb65d12a51b4">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanna house shop! We impulse bought our house, cuz we're awesome like that. The only one we looked at! but it's absolutely our home. We had homemade chicken fried rice, now we're Bacheloring it up and I'm going to have a Corona+lime. 
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get DH to watch the Bachelor! He flat-out refuses, and he takes the laptop into the kitchen and puts on headphones. We live in a studio, so that's as far away as he can get! I just know he'd get sucked in and make fun of them with me.

It doesn't start for another 2 hrs here, so don't give it away :)
  • That I know of Edie no. In the movie it says it in San Marino but it is actually Pasadena.

Poli- I get the same reaction whenever I see a wedding movie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:d4eb0e90-e33e-4391-9652-c87009dc6670">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? : The first one?  Nice! Other house owners, how many did you look at before buying?
    I looked at a lot, but I did it quickly.  We did 10 houses/day when we went out.  There was really no contest for the one that I bought; my second choice was nice but this one was my favorite by far.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It really is a lame show. I just really like Ben, and I like imagining that my dating experience was like that...flying to Puerto Rico and South America and Park City all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:34c9d29a-b391-4d8f-8f7c-51a917f05078">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It almost looks like a little baby. Almost. haha  Apparently it's like an inch long.  You can see the head on the bottom right, and two little arm stumps. haha  We got to see and hear the heartbeat today! ETA: wtf, TK.  Let's try again.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

OMG, arm stumps!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be calling your raspberry "Stumpy" from now on, in my head.
  • Bah, TK ate my post. Hi ladies! 

Edie, that house is awesome. We could not buy a house that nice for $185,000 here. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:34c9d29a-b391-4d8f-8f7c-51a917f05078">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It almost looks like a little baby. Almost. haha  Apparently it's like an inch long.  You can see the head on the bottom right, and two little arm stumps. haha  We got to see and hear the heartbeat today! ETA: wtf, TK.  Let's try again.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Look, it's a raspbaby!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-ello-ello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b3ef553-4b48-4bbb-8fb0-6609ca312cfaPost:d4eb0e90-e33e-4391-9652-c87009dc6670">Re: Hello? ello? ello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? ello? ello? : The first one?  Nice! Other house owners, how many did you look at before buying?

We've been looking online for about a year, so hundreds online. 

In person, we looked at 7.  The one we bought was #6 that we looked at.  But if something goes wrong and we end up not getting it, we'll probably look dozens more before we find another one.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • The one thing I really dislike about living in a tiny town is that there are about 20 houses for sale and the price range of those houses is $98,000-600,000. It's difficult to work with. I know that more houses will go for sale end of February - March, but damn. It's depressing sometimes.
  • Considering I tried on over 100 wedding dresses and research for hours on Yelp before going out to dinner, house hunting with me is going to be insane. Poor H.
  • H and I have only looked for houses once. He was working for a home builder at the time so we just looked at all the houses his company had that were ready for immediate possesion. I think we looked at about a dozen or so. I am a little bit sad that we missed out on a more traditional house hunt. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards