Snarky Brides

Let's Fight!

Re: Let's Fight!

• Veggie- no glass bottles apparently. And they wouldn't let us pour them out into empty plastic bottles! I'm still very angry about this. Then we had to fucking pay $30 for a 30 pack of bud lite at their little market. Fuckers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:6f592da1-c722-4a8d-9d90-6b297064b08a">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : I'm glad missed it, because it's always a lot nasty flaccid penises and boobies all over.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]
    I know!!!  I mean, I cannot imagine, especially as a woman, riding a bike naked.  Ewwww.  Major disinfectant needed for the bike seat.  
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:0b3dfcad-9911-4132-8a1b-aa9e1bad3f85">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is a girly drink. And I am a puss. I'll totally own that.  Shan- why the hell would they pour out your vodka?
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

Doesn't all that sugar give you a wicked hangover the next day? My head hurts just thinking about it. I can drink vodka sodas or Miller Lite tall-boys all night long and be fine the next day, but give me one fruity sugar drink like a Sex On The Beach and I want to hibernate for days.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Whaaat? I knew about the glass bottles, but we've always poured them into our water bottles. That's crazy and I would be pissed as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:9f689e06-41a7-4b8e-a31d-fc871009ac92">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : I have just started to find a couple wines that don't taste like dog shiiit, but most of them do. I drank bud lite all weekend on my camping trip (after the fucking campsite people poured out my vodka WTF) and it was like the worst time of my life. I didn't even get drunk because apparently I didn't drink them fast enough. It's just so gross. They had MGD too and somehow that was worse.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>I would like to help you to like wine.</div><div>
    </div><div>What kinds of wine do you normally drink?  Red, white, sweet, dry?</div>
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:962a1904-f5c8-4c4d-a003-fb5e17ac8212">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Doesn't all that sugar give you a wicked hangover the next day? My head hurts just thinking about it. I can drink vodka sodas or Miller Lite tall-boys all night long and be fine the next day, but give me one fruity sugar drink like a Sex On The Beach and I want to hibernate for days.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never had a hangover that I can remember. When I drink heavily I don't feel like eating the next morning, but there's never been any headache or puking or anything. Does not being hungry until lunch count as a hangover? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:62dd450b-88a7-44c7-afa4-ed07e8aa7595">Re:Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No idea how unpopular this is, but I don't believe that the supreme court got it right in saying the First Amendment protects funeral protests, especially considering the people doing them.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi all!</div><div>
    </div><div>I have to disagree with this one too..slippery slope. Besides, The Patriot Guard (of which I am a member, as is FI with his LOUD Harley) will often show up at funerals where this Phelps POS starts shiiit, and drowns out, or blocks from view these "protestors".

</div><div>
    </div><div>back to catching up with the tread...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:474a0f48-9ce9-4edc-a708-0872dc7614e2">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! :<strong> I've never had a hangover that I can remember.</strong> When I drink heavily I don't feel like eating the next morning, but there's never been any headache or puking or anything. Does not being hungry until lunch count as a hangover? 

<div>Does not compute.</div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously?  No hangovers ever?  </div><div>
    </div><div>I get hungover, I puke a lot.....most recently I've been blacking out.  That's awesome.  Not really at all.  </div><div>
    </div><div>You would think I'm an inexperienced drinker with the way I have been handling my booze lately.</div>
  • Amys- Not that I can recall. I've drank bottles of wine, whiskey, beer, rum, vodka you name it and I've never woken up hungover to my knowledge. I black out pretty frequently when I drink hard liquor and still haven't had a headache or anything the next morning. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:Let's Fight!:[QUOTE]Amys Not that I can recall. I've drank bottles of wine, whiskey, beer, rum, vodka you name it and I've never woken up hungover to my knowledge. I black out pretty frequently when I drink hard liquor and still haven't had a headache or anything the next morning.nbsp; Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]
    I don't believe you.
  • I feel like I am the same way Amys. I am getting worse with being able to handle my liquor than I used to be.

As for wine, I liked a Moscato from Olive Garden, it was really sweet but I don't remember what it was called. Also I have been loving Stella Rosa lately, it's red, that's really all I know about it. So I think sweet wine is my kind of thing. I don't like dry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:a9a0d5c7-bc64-4156-a93a-347f5733ddaf">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amys- Not that I can recall. I've drank bottles of wine, whiskey, beer, rum, vodka you name it and I've never woken up hungover to my knowledge. I black out pretty frequently when I drink hard liquor and still haven't had a headache or anything the next morning. 

<div>You need to start drinking more then.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:a9a0d5c7-bc64-4156-a93a-347f5733ddaf">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amys- Not that I can recall. I've drank bottles of wine, whiskey, beer, rum, vodka you name it and I've never woken up hungover to my knowledge. I black out pretty frequently when I drink hard liquor and still haven't had a headache or anything the next morning. 

Thefuck?  You are either a miracle or fullofshit.
    panther
  • I believe it. Everyone is different. My friend can be smashed and talking crazy, then she will down a vitamin water, go to bed and she is golden the next day. I don't fucking get it. I am jealous.
  • I don't know what to tell you, Nebb. Wanna drink sometime and test it?

<div>I've never had this problem either, but I don't black out. It takes so little to get me drunk that it's usually out of my system long before I fall asleep, which I think is what helps.</div>
  • MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:87f68377-7e6f-4ea9-9fe5-386ba5461106">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I am the same way Amys. I am getting worse with being able to handle my liquor than I used to be. As for wine, I liked a Moscato from Olive Garden, it was really sweet but I don't remember what it was called. Also I have been loving Stella Rosa lately, it's red, that's really all I know about it. So I think sweet wine is my kind of thing. I don't like dry.

if they have it where you live, try Barefoot moscato - it's so delish.
  • Maybe I have a hard time with this because I always got hungover, and now since I don't party that much, when I do drink a hell of a lot then I'm hungover for like, two days.  It's rough.
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm still not "over" the hangover I had new years day this year. Just the thought of cran vodkas makes me feel ill. I somehow drank an entire 26er in a very short period of time and I will live to regret it.
  • Yeah Nebb, for me it's Long Island teas.  I can never drink another one again, ever.  Even watching someone sip on one is enough to make me want to blow chunks everywhere.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:87f68377-7e6f-4ea9-9fe5-386ba5461106">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I am the same way Amys. I am getting worse with being able to handle my liquor than I used to be. As for wine, I liked a Moscato from Olive Garden, it was really sweet but I don't remember what it was called. Also I have been loving Stella Rosa lately, it's red, that's really all I know about it. So I think sweet wine is my kind of thing. I don't like dry.

<div>You have Trader Joe's near you, right?  You should try a Sauvignon Blanc that they carry.  It's called Sauvignon Republic.  It's has tons of peach flavors and it's almost sweet.  I love dry wine, but I find that to be a fantastic in between.  </div><div>
    </div><div style="text-align:-webkit-auto;">You can also try Gewurztraminer<font face="sans-serif" size="4" color="#000000"><span style="line-height:21px;"> or Riesling...both are on the sweeter side, but not as sweet as Moscato, which is normally served as a dessert wine.</span></font></div><div>
    </div><div>I do love me some Moscato at times.  I love dessert wines instead of getting desserts.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:a9a0d5c7-bc64-4156-a93a-347f5733ddaf">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:

How old are you?  I was pretty much like this in my late teens, early twenties.  Now drinking= deadtotheworld the next day.
  • Jeager is my "absolutely will never even be in the same house with again."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:3182bf2d-238a-42d8-8b40-c5a21496c9e2">Re:Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still not "over" the hangover I had new years day this year. Just the thought of cran vodkas makes me feel ill. I somehow drank an entire 26er in a very short period of time and I will live to regret it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Straight tequila does this to me.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't mind it in Margaritas or Palomas though.</div>
  • JAGER BOMBS.  Fuckin shower in that shiiit.

I love all wines.  Well, except chardonnay.  Drinking chardonnay is like guzzling spiked melted butter.  Fuckin' A that stuff is nast.
    panther
  • I'm 21, Andrea, but I don't drink that often if that's what you're talking about. I socially drink maybe once every 3-4 months and I get hammered drunk maybe twice a year or so.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:962a1904-f5c8-4c4d-a003-fb5e17ac8212">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Doesn't all that sugar give you a wicked hangover the next day? My head hurts just thinking about it. I can drink vodka sodas or Miller Lite tall-boys all night long and be fine the next day, but give me one fruity sugar drink like a Sex On The Beach and I want to hibernate for days.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

This is me 100%. I can't handle sugary/fruity drinks at all. Worst hangovers. I'm good with my beer or vodka tonics or whisky but other than that no thanks. Smirinoff Ices make me puke.
    June 16, 2012
  • I stopped shooting tequila because I promised God that I would if he let me survive the hang over...

I don't get hangovers from wine, but I do with mixed drinks.

• I remember the good old days before hangovers. Then we spent a night drinking Albertson's (drug store) brand vodka. I have never been the same since. I woke up the next morning on my friend's couch, barely able to move. The house next door to them was on a trolley tour route so I had to hear the same spiel over, and over again. It is seared into my brain. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards