Snarky Brides

TGIF

2»

Re: TGIF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:e18e75ad-9d23-490a-979e-40036e0d0cae">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]LP, that's annoying.  I'm sort of anal about cleanliness so I hate it when people go into my house if it isn't clean and I hate it even more if people have me over and their house is a disaster (I'm talking bomb went off, not a few things out of place... I'm not that biitchy).   Back when I used to babysit I remember tidying up the houses.  It totally wasn't expected of me but I just couldn't sit and stare at it all, it drove me nuts.  It was mainly toys and stuffed animals.  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm the same way.  If it was just a few toys here and there, fine, I could deal.  But it seriously looks like a bomb went off in every.single.room.  I cleaned the kitchen throughly, and put all of the random clutter from the counters into a huge basket.  I also consolidated all of the toys in the family room into one corner.  But I don't want to clean too much because I don't want to offend them, ya know?  And I have NO idea where everything is suppossed to go.  Every drawer that I open is literally just crammed full of junk.  I took the garbage can to the curb last night, and I can't find the new bags anywhere.  I'm sure they are crammed into a cabinet somewhere behind a bunch of crap.  I texted her last night asking where they are and she hasn't responded. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:6dad5696-eb07-42c9-8036-ef1be335d0d0">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like good things for everyone this week.  I'm glad to hear it.  I've been ridiculously busy and don't see that changing until mid-May.  Work has exploded and my classes are starting to be an even heavier load, plus I have to start studying for exams and writing a final paper that'll be due in May.  So I'm stressed out! I'm going to visit my brother and his girlfriend this weekend.  I can't wait to leave.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Have fun! I know how excited you've been for that! No black keys though?
  • NebbNebb member
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:36d529fd-a7cf-4342-8007-a99f67d6749f">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb/September, that's crazy!  My drive east of Hammertown was totally fine.  Though the snow on the ground when I woke up surprised me!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

It was nuts. Around casablanca it was white out and snowing the biggest frigging snowlfakes I've ever seen, then by fifty it was clearing and by fruitland it was sunny. Messed UP!
  • I forgot to add, Shay - I'm glad your LASIK went well!! Yay for no more contacts/glasses, and for competent doctors :)
  • edited March 2012
    Morning ladies!

Congrats Nebb, looks like you're having a great week. I'm getting close to paying off one more of mine, then other than my car payment I will only have 2 bills.

But, I love that once I get this one paid off I can slam that much more on the next and so on. And I still have money to play with.

This weekend is just getting my hair did tomorrow and probably the usual house cleaning. I have 2 wreaths started I want to finish. I took Monday off and have 2 appts at the gyno, have to get my boobies squished which is painful. And then in the afternoon I have a teeth cleaning. Great day off huh?

And we lose our hour this weekend.yuck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good morning!! I was super excited this morning because we get our bonuses deposited. However, mine was actually less than last year, when it should have been more, because I got more. So now I need to check my paycheck when I get the mail and see if they gave me the right amount (if it was the right amount, for some reason it was taxed at a much higher rate). So while it's awesome, I was thinking it would be more! fuuck!

Other than that- I just want it to be the weekend!! Hopefully will be painting/fixing up the guest bathroom this weekend, and I am excited to have that done. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:b88f797b-4195-47e7-b05d-6613f6adc1e6">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : I'm the same way.  If it was just a few toys here and there, fine, I could deal.  But it seriously looks like a bomb went off in every.single.room.  I cleaned the kitchen throughly, and put all of the random clutter from the counters into a huge basket.  I also consolidated all of the toys in the family room into one corner.  But I don't want to clean too much because I don't want to offend them, ya know?  And I have NO idea where everything is suppossed to go.  Every drawer that I open is literally just crammed full of junk.  I took the garbage can to the curb last night, and I can't find the new bags anywhere.  I'm sure they are crammed into a cabinet somewhere behind a bunch of crap.  I texted her last night asking where they are and she hasn't responded. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I feel like there's a VERY fine line between being helpful and offending someone.  Tread carefully my friend.</div><div>
    </div><div>Luckily, in my experience it has been helpful since it was just straightening.  I'm sure if I whipped out the mop, vaccuum, and polish that that would have generated a different response :)  However, I could justify your cleaning... I mean, who wants to return to a dirty house after a trip?  You were just doing a favor lol.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:553ce77e-296c-4a13-b4cb-43eea490bb9c">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Congrats Nebb, looks like you're having a great week. I'm getting close to paying off one more of mine, then other than my car payment I will only have 2 bills. But, I love that once I get this one paid off I can slam that much more on the next and so on. And I still have money to play with. This weekend is just getting my hair did tomorrow and probably the usual house cleaning. I have 2 wreaths started I want to finish. I took Monday off and have 2 appts at the gyno, have to get my boobies squished which is painful. And then in the afternoon I have a teeth cleaning. Great day off huh? <strong>And we lose our hour this weekend.yuck!</strong>
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for reminding me! I totally forgot.  It doesn't seem like it should be time for this yet. Didn't we just set the clock forward??  Time has flown by the last few years. Sometimes I forget that I'm turning 30 this year, ha. </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    Right, kd? I love that we can now pay that much more on something else. I budgeted to throw as much money at our debt as possible to get them down as far as we could before I lost my job but now that I'm not, we see no reason to change the budget.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:0e0dedcb-d5f3-4db4-acb7-d15ed3a3aae0">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Yeah I feel like there's a VERY fine line between being helpful and offending someone.  Tread carefully my friend. Luckily, in my experience it has been helpful since it was just straightening.  I'm sure if I whipped out the mop, vaccuum, and polish that that would have generated a different response :)  However, I could justify your cleaning... I mean, who wants to return to a dirty house after a trip?  You were just doing a favor lol.

<div>I agree and I totally would pick up more, but I literally have no idea how to find a place for everything without totally rearranging all of their cabinets.  Every single one is already stuffed full of crap.  So the best I can do is arrange things in piles and consolidate them to one corner of the room.  </div><div>
    </div><div>This is a 3,600 + square foot house with 4 bedrooms, a bonus room, and home gym (in addition to family room etc). And 4 full bathrooms.  I can't believe how much stuff they have, especially toys.  Whatever happened to  just making forts with couch cushions and space shuttles from a cardboard box and being perfectly happy??  There are literally toys overflowing in EVERY room.  I'm paranoid that the puppy will choke on something.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:0e0dedcb-d5f3-4db4-acb7-d15ed3a3aae0">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Yeah I feel like there's a VERY fine line between being helpful and offending someone.  Tread carefully my friend. Luckily, in my experience it has been helpful since it was just straightening.  I'm sure if I whipped out the mop, vaccuum, and polish that that would have generated a different response :)  However, I could justify your cleaning... I mean, who wants to return to a dirty house after a trip?  You were just doing a favor lol.

As a fairly cluttery person myself (NOT any way nearly as bad as what LP posted, but cluttery, yes) I would be livid if someone just picked up everything on teh counter and put it in a bowl. I mean somethings like the dishes or whatever, put them in the cabinets if you know where they belong. I would rather someone vaccuum then move my stuff, if you know what I mean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LP, I remember those days :)

My "toy room" was literally a toy CORNER of my bedroom.  The rest was up to my imagination... couch cushions, the basement and outdoors were all my playroom.
  • Well, I also wouldn't leave THAT much stuff out, ever, and especially if a guest was coming. But I do know if my FI goes through my pile of mail or whatever I've left on the coutner, I get mad. It's definitley a fine line, there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:2fbe03e2-d16e-4eb0-88bc-5cb12b57e817">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : As a fairly cluttery person myself (NOT any way nearly as bad as what LP posted, but cluttery, yes) I would be livid if someone just picked up everything on teh counter and put it in a bowl. I mean somethings like the dishes or whatever, put them in the cabinets if you know where they belong. I would rather someone vaccuum then move my stuff, if you know what I mean.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

<div>I just cleaned stuff off the kitchen table and counters so I would have room to prepare food and set up camp at the table so I can study for my licensure test that I'm taking next week.  I didn't throw anything out or reorganize anything, and I kept all of the piles of stuff together, just moved the piles into baskets so that they are out of my way.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:31d0768e-da46-4deb-ac8f-49d31b83f98b">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I also wouldn't leave THAT much stuff out, ever, and especially if a guest was coming. But I do know if my FI goes through my pile of mail or whatever I've left on the coutner, I get mad. It's definitley a fine line, there.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

This cracks me up. I would LOVE it if H went through my mail and sorted/shredded it for me. I always joke I need to hire someone to handle my "affairs". There are a bunch of piles of my mail around the house.
  • Good morning everyone!

Even though I really didn't want to be out of the office for the color guard event I had yesterday, it was pretty fun. I got to meet Donald Trump and his wife.

Not much planned for the weekend, I have an oil change tomorrow and I need to go shopping for this costume party I'm going to. The theme is steampunk/fetish, which is awesome, but I don't even know where to start. I think I'm just going to go to Fetish Factory and tell them to treat me like their Barbie doll lol.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Hey ladies! 

I haven't been around much at all lately. Most of your probably don't even remember me but I've been super busy with work.  We opened up a new cancer center and I've been working a ton of overtime so by the time I catch up with threads and lurk a lot, everythings already dead on the board.

I get to cover for an employee that got fired over the weekend so more OT and no full weekend off.  I need the money but sometimes I just want to relax.  At least I get time to follow up on emails with photographers while I'm at work.  I'm waiting on responses from a few I contacted last night.  My schedule is all over the place so emails are easier at the moment than phone calls, especially since they are in MI and I'm in NC.

ps....  All the new SB babies have me all excited!
  • Mehg, I just have one question about the Trumpster... how is his hair in person?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:1a6097c4-b6d7-44f3-8e06-47fc1e3d288d">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg, I just have one question about the Trumpster... how is his hair in person?

<div>Haha, I've always wondered this too!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:3b5d707c-5e60-4069-ab3e-6b32e97da470">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Right, kd? I love that we can now pay that much more on something else. I budgeted to throw as much money at our debt as possible to get them down as far as we could before I lost my job but now that I'm not, we see no reason to change the budget.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Definatly! H keeps reminding me how much more money I will have when I'm done. I mean I will only have my truck and cell phone payment. And he's always budgeted for me to have spending cash, for clothes and stuff, so I never felt deprived. Not that he wouldn't buy me what I want anyway ;)
  • Good morning! 

Everyone has a lot more exciting things going on than I do.  H is in full training mode for Ironman so I'm pretty much on my own every weekend for the next 8 months.  Headed out to the fancy part of town tonight though to meet one of the girls from my  month board who's in town for a conference - looking forward to that.  And, I'm relieved that I won't be adding my name to the list of preggo's on this board - as of last night I was pretty worried. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:1a6097c4-b6d7-44f3-8e06-47fc1e3d288d">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg, I just have one question about the Trumpster... how is his hair in person?

It's ridiculous! LOL But seriously, every single hair was in place. I don't know what sort of products he's using in his hair, it was windy as fvck yesterday, but it just didn't move at all. And he's much more wrinkly in person too. His wife is really tall, and very beautiful.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:574732f9-ac01-4910-ac37-5f5c2e716797">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : Have fun! I know how excited you've been for that! No black keys though?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    No Black Keys, and I'm really kind of bummed about it.  They both have to work this evening, so it just didn't work out.  We are going out in DC after my brother gets off work tonight, though, so that'll be fun.  Plus I'll get to see a bunch of his friends who I love and haven't seen since I moved back to PA.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• NebbNebb member
    COOL!!! All the game of thrones stuff is in toronto at an exhibit. I'm on hold trying to get tickets for next week to surprise adam with. The hold music is freaking loud and terrible. Its like the chorus of a song over and over and over and over. Once the chorus ends, it restarts. The worst.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:7633659d-cd63-44df-bd4f-095ef1518d15">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF : It's ridiculous! LOL But seriously, every single hair was in place. I don't know what sort of products he's using in his hair, it was windy as fvck yesterday, but it just didn't move at all. <strong>And he's much more wrinkly in person too.</strong> His wife is really tall, and very beautiful.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Interesante.  Also, yes his wife is gorgeous.  </div>
  • FH just called and we're going to go hiking this afternoon. it's not as nice out as it was yesterday but it sure beats staying at work. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8da3fb2d-bf31-4653-a0fd-29093df1e310Post:8662f682-9895-44e1-9f0b-1c37e1c397be">Re: TGIF</a>:
    [QUOTE]COOL!!! All the game of thrones stuff is in toronto at an exhibit. I'm on hold trying to get tickets for next week to surprise adam with. The hold music is freaking loud and terrible. Its like the chorus of a song over and over and over and over. Once the chorus ends, it restarts. The worst.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    That sounds awesome.  I'm jealous.  (Not the hold music.  The exhibit.)

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• NebbNebb member
    The throne is there and you can get your picture taken in it! Fuckyeah!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards