Snarky Brides

facebook pet peeves....

I know we do this from time to time but a couple of things have been making me NUTS today.

I hate it when:

- Couples list eachother as "married to" on facebook when they are not.. they arent even engaged.. or even worse my H's friend who got engaged after two weeks and calls his fiance his wife and is listed as married to her on facebook and she took his last name!

- my former college friend who makes it a point ONCE a day to talk about her fat face/arms/legs etc. Shes about a size 0 and clearly needs help. But even if she weighed a million pounds.. facebook is NOT the forum to discuss her body image issues.

anyone else?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: facebook pet peeves....

• I hate when people thank other people for sending them those weird heart things. I don't get it.
    Photobucket
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Both of yours.

When people "like" their own statuses before anyone else has commented.

When all of your updates end with 'I LOVE YOU TIMMY <3<3<3 FOREVA BABY"...and you update 20 times a day.

Duck face.

When people post passive agressive comments they wouldn't even think about saying irl.
  • When some one friends me from here (I know they are from here because of mutual friends) but I have NO clue who they are (not on SB, but as in I don't know their real name). I feel like a dumbass :(
  • Nothing on fb really bugs me.  I like the pics, videos, etc.  I like the political stuff and the little debates that happen.

But im nosy like that ;P

Although, if every update is about your child I may or may not hide your updates.  I dont have kids so " Baby X went POOPY IN THE POTTY today!" is not my cup of tea.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • lilianne22lilianne22 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I hate the TMI posts about people's kids.  I don't need to know how potty training is going.  Or the people who post pics of their kids, multiple times, every day.  Luckily I can just take them out of my news feed :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:24eb55f9-4b96-4f59-97df-0a3332fc73cb">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both of yours. When people "like" their own statuses before anyone else has commented. When all of your updates end with 'I LOVE YOU TIMMY <3<3<3 FOREVA BABY"...and you update 20 times a day. Duck face. <strong>When people post passive agressive comments</strong> they wouldn't even think about saying irl.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

haha. I did this toward my brother's ex when they broke up. I would have definitely said it to her face if I had the chance, though.
    Photobucket
  • Fortunately, most of my FB friends don't post stupidity on a daily basis.  I did, however, side-eye one of my friends yesterday who set up a FB page for her son - he's 7 years old.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I, also, hate the updates on the games everyone plays. I don't care how many points you scored or how your mafia is doing.
    Photobucket
  • Yes to the potty training posts!  Someone posted the other day that her kid crapped on her carpet, and then her dog ate it before she could clean it up.  I totally judged her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:22dd22eb-2844-46b4-ab3d-93372b657b8a">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duck Face pics and Drunk pics. SIL is notorious for posting duck face pics and trashed drunk pics. It's not cute, it's not attractive, it's not classy. My MIL would die if she ever get a hold of those pics. <strong>"MY LIFE SUUUUCKS!" FB status, especially the ones coming from teenagers (my cousins and my siblings). You live with your parents, you don't worry about anything, you have an allowance, you have no bills to worry aboutl...PLEASE STFU, you're life does NOT suck. Be thankful!
    </strong>Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

This - primarily from my daughters' friends.  Or the "I'm BORED" status.  Get off the computer and do something constructive; you won't be bored anymore.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • People who either complain non stop about their job, or needing a job.  I understand we all have bad days, but please realize how insanely lucky you are to have that job.  And on the opposite end of the spectrum, please do not think you are the only person in the world who is unemployed and going through the worst thing eveeeerrrrrr.  An occasional post I don't mind, but I have several friends who reference their completely unique job situation in every post.  STFU, thank you very much. 
  • hmm.. creating pages for unborn children is also weird..

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:f35d37f4-555f-488c-9f63-ec749af84682">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes to the potty training posts!  Someone posted the other day that her kid crapped on her carpet, and then her dog ate it before she could clean it up.  I totally judged her.
    Posted by steph 13055[/QUOTE]

Gross.
    Photobucket
  • Also, people asking for stuff to be sent to them in the games.  I have zero interest in how many planks you need for your new barn roof or whatever.  That earns you a "hide" really quickly.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    People who Decide to capitalize Random Words.  I just really Don't get it.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:01558c5e-2d3a-4289-a2df-f7dfb171bf68">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who Decide to capitalize Random Words.  I just really Don't get it.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

this this! Also.. my younger cousin does this ALL THE TIME. She is also A big F@n of U$ing R@ndom symb0ls & #s in place of Words.

And sadly shes not that young.. shes nearly 21.

my book shelf:
  • I have a friend that I love dearly, she is a BM, but she constantly types in all caps and her spelling and grammar are atrocious. I know she had a rough home life growing up, which led to a not so great education, but it drives me insane and her past is the only reason why I don't call her out on it.

I also can't stand it when people give you their daily schedule every morning...I don't care that your unemployed a$$ is taking your nephew to swimming lessons, then to eat lunch and finally Wal-Mart before his mommy comes and picks him up. I mean really, do you think you're that important?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:8638d45f-e63c-4fab-92a7-31d762bdbbab">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: facebook pet peeves.... : this this! Also.. my younger cousin does this ALL THE TIME. She is also A big F@n of U$ing R@ndom symb0ls & #s in place of Words. And sadly shes not that young.. shes nearly 21.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

My H's cousin does it.  Most of the time it's because she's doing the God Talk thing and well, I understand that some of those words should be capitalized, but it just ends up with the whole status reading like a title.    Thankfully, most of my FB people are rather sane.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i dont care about anyones stupid games, im not interested in joining, or building a farm, or joining your mafia, or feeding your fish.

i cannot stand when people make posts about "if i gone no one would notice" or "i hate my life i want it to end"...if you need attention that bad then go hang out w/ a friend or call someone.  posting that on a social networking site is lame.

not evey update needs to end w/ "miss you babe", "love you (name)", etc...we get it and we're about to puke so stop saying it

not everyone wants to know your schedule for the whole day, "wake up, pee, shower, brush teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to work, eat lunch, go back to work, come home, change clothes, make dinner, eat dinner, watch tv"

AND
    stop changing your status from "in a relationshiop" to "its complicated" everyday...just leave it as single until you're sure!
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:24eb55f9-4b96-4f59-97df-0a3332fc73cb">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both of yours. <strong>When people "like" their own statuses before anyone else has commented</strong>. When all of your updates end with 'I LOVE YOU TIMMY <3<3<3 FOREVA BABY"...and you update 20 times a day. Duck face. When people post passive agressive comments they wouldn't even think about saying irl.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

LMFAO. I'm guilty of this. But I don't do it in a cheesy way, it's usually to showcase some sort or cynical or sarcastic attitude towards what I wrote.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:6e00fa0f-711d-4895-bc36-f67809568a25">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: facebook pet peeves.... : LMFAO. I'm guilty of this. But I don't do it in a cheesy way, it's usually to showcase some sort or cynical or sarcastic attitude towards what I wrote.
    Posted by Shaye526[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean when it's something like "IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, DON'T TALK TO ME" drama-whining posts. Or if it's with every status. That kind of thing.
  • Im new to this forum sorry to butt in, but this topic hits home..

I hate when people need so much attention from the world that they have to post single word comments on FB.  You know the ones that post words like ... mad, annoyed, or sad.  Just to get others to ask, "what's wrong?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LuvOB- you are not butting in! post away! :)

my book shelf:
  • slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:a18c85fd-851b-40b3-9dd0-744cc2ec9d24">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I, also, hate the updates on the games everyone plays. I don't care how many points you scored or how your mafia is doing.
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]

I am totally with you on this one.  I just block those updates from my news feeds.  :)

My pet peeve is when a friend posts an extremely vague status update (e.g. "Totally tired of getting screwed over by people I trust", and you can't figure out what happened or who it pertains to, and when you ask for details, they don't want to talk about it on FB.  SERIOUSLY???  If you posted it as your status, obviously you want people to know about it.  :P
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • lol.. to the pp whose friends list themselves as married when they are only dating.. my FI cousin and her bf had this.. a few months ago they changed it to simply "in a relationship"

the family had a meltdown thinking they had broken up! which leads me to my number one pet peeve: annoying elderly people on fb. i do not want any more phone calls from my FFIL or FI's Aunts wondering if so and so is hurt/dumped/failing/school/has a drinking problem.. or whatever else they can get out of the younger generations postings lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • - I don't get when i see a post like had the best day with my love or other mushy posts when in reality i just got off the phone with the person and heard all the drama about the current fight/break up between them. I'm not saying go and air your dirty laundry on FB, but why be fake. Don't post anything relationship related at all if that's the case. rme.
    - I also hate it when people are constantly changing their status. It's complicated. In a relationship. Single. Back In a relationship. Ugh. Just leave it blank. lol
    On the lines of people who list themselves as "married" when they aren't...My cousin changed his to married and my mom really thought he may have gotten married. Even his own sister commented asking and his GF replied with an attitude comment about it. Um, hello! If you don't want people to ask if you're married, maybe don't change your status to married. I think it's dumb.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:bba4c253-f83f-4791-b3c2-44c423a2958a">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the TMI posts about people's kids.  I don't need to know how potty training is going.  Or the people who post pics of their kids, multiple times, every day.  Luckily I can just take them out of my news feed :)
    Posted by lilianne22[/QUOTE]

LMAO....AGREED!!! 

How bout the 'bipolar people' (as I call them)?  One day it's like TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER  I LUV MY KIDZ THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND I  MIGHT GET A PROMOTION.  (Goes on for a paragraph.)  And the next it's WHY IS I KEEP GETTING KICKED WHEN I'M DOWN, I'M LOSING MY JOB, MY BABY DADDY'S ARE DEADBEAT LOSERS.  ! 

It's like TTTMI....like a mini-conversation between them and their status.  Oy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:8da8fc77-1347-484b-ab5a-452069f79a7a">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmm.. creating pages for unborn children is also weird..
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Oh, gross!  I've seen many people have fb profiles for multiple pets.  First time you see it, it's kinda funny, then ever time after that, it's like ''Really??"
  • I admit, I publish a news feed story every time I need help in a Family Feud game. It's usually only once a day though. I also publish when I get a high score in Bejeweled Blitz. Last week my highest score was like 640,000 or something ... I need help.

I hate the political "experts", I have them on my friends list on both sides of the political aisle and it seems like everything that comes out of their virtual mouth on FB is political in nature or a link to some news story or a petition or whatever else. SO ANNOYING!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_facebook-pet-peeves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9a06e43a-afa5-4f21-84de-d5ffb9d0d5aePost:81f97a83-cbca-49fb-a76f-d5f1ef596b12">Re: facebook pet peeves....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I admit, I publish a news feed story every time I need help in a Family Feud game. It's usually only once a day though. <strong>I also publish when I get a high score in Bejeweled Blitz. Last week my highest score was like 640,000 or something ... I need help.</strong> I hate the political "experts", I have them on my friends list on both sides of the political aisle and it seems like everything that comes out of their virtual mouth on FB is political in nature or a link to some news story or a petition or whatever else. SO ANNOYING!
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I do that too. I scored 725, 000 one week, I HAD to publish that. Never again though, never again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards