Snarky Brides

Age difference?

Re: Age difference?

• I don't know what the law is really.. I know one job I appiled for asked if there was any health reasons I wouldn't be able to preform as well as everyone else (they were all men lol) At that point I possibly had a ulser or something and was having stomach pains that could get really bad and my dr had said not to do really heavy lifting. So I said i might have a ulser so they put me on probation and eventually let me go bc I had had a really bad day and I hadnt been able to do thee full job that day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:18b81aea-68d6-446a-bcc6-107340e6db80">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are 5 years apart. 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

UMass Dartmouth huh Megbo? Like 34973.34 of my friends went there. Fun school to visit! WHat year did you graduate if you don't mind me asking?
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:ff14c718-82f2-4de8-864f-6990b3fdc641">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : Oh goody! Just what I want to see on my trip to Disney! The take down of a statuatory offender. ha! I guess in their case, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (stronger, yeah!).
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

<div>For real.  The really messed up part is he didn't even go to jail.  I think he had to surrender his teaching license, register as a sex offender for 10 years, and do 80 hours of community service or something like that.  But no jail time for a) have a sexual relationship with an underage student at his school, and b) crossing several state lines with her.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Have fun at Disney!! I got engaged there :)  Are you hitting up all of the parks, or just some?</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA 2: Annnnd I just realized that you may have been speaking hypothetically.  If that's the case, ignore the above ETA :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:45887a70-b84f-4d52-a58c-22efda465236">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : For real.  The really messed up part is he didn't even go to jail.  I think he had to surrender his teaching license, register as a sex offender for 10 years, and do 80 hours of community service or something like that.  But no jail time for a) have a sexual relationship with an underage student at his school, and b) crossing several state lines with her.   <strong>ETA: Have fun at Disney!! I got engaged there :)  Are you hitting up all of the parks, or just some?
    </strong>Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Le sigh. Sadly, my Disney trip in this scenario was purely hypothetical. My boss just got back from 5 days in Disney and MAN I was jealous. Honestly? All my time off this year will be spent on traveling to people's weddings.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:d658abc4-58ca-47bf-bbc4-369be33baeec">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : Le sigh. Sadly, my Disney trip in this scenario was purely hypothetical. My boss just got back from 5 days in Disney and MAN I was jealous. Honestly? All my time off this year will be spent on traveling to people's weddings.

<div>Haha I realized that and was editing again as you posted this :)  </div>
  • H is 12 years older than me, I was born in 1990 =P
  • FI and I are 3.5 years, almost to the day apart. I turned 28 in January, and he'll turn 25 in June. 
  • I wanna play! I am five years older than Fi, well, except for the two months btwn his birthday and mine then we're four apart.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:4753e967-72b3-4ee3-8205-ac2a0d61312f">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H is 12 years older than me, I was born in 1990 =P
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

For some reason you being born in 1990 doesn't seem odd.  i was born in 87 so I am not that much older than you but I guess it is because I "know" you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:9bc8ecf8-1d5b-4881-b661-3fff0ab948cb">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : For some reason you being born in 1990 doesn't seem odd.  i was born in 87 so I am not that much older than you but I guess it is because I "know" you.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

It probably helps that I hang out with 30 year olds almost exclusively now. Even before, all my friends were 3-4 years older than me.
  • Yeah, Any, it is weird to think you got shiit on here for being young.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:36582bd5-66c8-4d17-a4c3-560973621c4f">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, Any, it is weird to think you got shiit on here for being young.

Well, compared to a lot of younger brides here, I didn't really =P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:7940a8db-4367-4558-bfa9-31ced65b60ed">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : It probably helps that I hang out with 30 year olds almost exclusively now. Even before, all my friends were 3-4 years older than me.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I remember in middle school all my friends were going to high-school and i was stuck alone for another 2 years. Now I hang with people FI's age and all the people I work with are older. The smallest age gap between me and a CW in my department is 20+ years.

I also feel way older than most people my age especially those I went to school with.
  • Um yeah the pregnancy discrimination act explicitly prohibits employers from doing what that employer did. You can't fire someone because they are pregnant, not even if you think it is going to prevent them from doing their job.
  • H is 4 years older than me
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:35722a76-78e9-4931-aeb1-5f07501c0be0">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : UMass Dartmouth huh Megbo? Like 34973.34 of my friends went there. Fun school to visit! WHat year did you graduate if you don't mind me asking?

<div>Haha yep, we both went there. I graduate this year, FI graduated in 2008 and 2010 with his masters. It's a popular place to go if you don't want to pay crazy money to go to school. It's not pretty though :)</div>
  • Yeah its a good school! Funny enough, my friend (who went there) is now employed there on their photography staff. She always laughs at how it is hard to shoot the buildings in a nice light.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:74f38446-2499-4451-9335-1714be3300af">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah its a good school! Funny enough, my friend (who went there) is now employed there on their photography staff. She always laughs at how it is hard to shoot the buildings in a nice light.

<div>Wow, that's crazy! I wonder if she's ever done athletics stuff, maybe she's "shot" me! Where did you go to school?</div>
  • My FI is eight years younger than me Kiss.  I'm 42 and he is 34
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:45c3a6d6-1af0-4ee8-8980-82b281372c35">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : Wow, that's crazy! I wonder if she's ever done athletics stuff, maybe she's "shot" me! Where did you go to school?
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>She does! I am sure she probably has!</div><div>
    </div><div>I went to Merrimack, where I met Mike, but I grew up in Walpole so tons of kids from there went to UMassD. I had friends in Dighton-Rehoboth and Taunton too so they went there are well. I feel like I lived there freshman year making the trek into Providence to stand in line for Remys hahah.</div>
  • Megbo, what sport did you play? I used to work at the Wentworth Athletic Dept., and we played you guys in a few things.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Pregnancy discrimination is a form of sex discrimination. It's allowed if the business can show it's necessary to fulfill the requirements of the job or if it's a business necessity.

For instance, a lingerie store can refuse to hire male salespeople because it's a business necessity. Women are not going to go to a shop to get fitted for a bra by a man.

Hooters cannot refuse to hire male servers. The job description is "serving food," not "serving food while wearing skimpy clothing."

If the pregnancy prevents someone from doing her job without reasonable accommodation, then yeah, they can refuse to hire her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_age-difference?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9aa9fc89-798e-4b7f-aef3-e0c046d8e2d7Post:743f49db-6455-47c6-b6b6-1478825afb6b">Re: Age difference?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Age difference? : She does! I am sure she probably has! I went to Merrimack, where I met Mike, but I grew up in Walpole so tons of kids from there went to UMassD. I had friends in Dighton-Rehoboth and Taunton too so they went there are well. I feel like I lived there freshman year making the trek into Providence to stand in line for Remys hahah.

<div>Hahaha wow. I wonder if we know any of the same people. FBIL went to Merrimack as did my friend (his gf) who is my bridesmaid. I'm sure you knew lots of people from Bridgewater state, too? Where you originally from MA?</div><div>
    </div><div>Alli XC indoor and outdoor track. </div>
  • Yup, I grew up in Walpole. One of my bridesmaids went to Bridgewater. Small world. Facebook would definitely be showing me a "people you may know" on you I am sure!
    I graduated Merrimack '06 and Mike on '07.
  • FI is 3 months older than I am. 

In 1991 I was 3, and my parents still took me trick-or-treating in the great blizzard on Halloween. Gotta love MN. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 8 1/2 years (I'm older) FI is 23 and I'll be 32 on Sunday. It works for us Smile
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards