Snarky Brides

FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...

he's grilling sirloins for me....mmmmmm.  And the house was spotless when I came home from work.  He's off work for plant shut-down this week and I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Now you go.

Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...

• He drove down to Denver this afternoon to pick up a friend of mine from the airport (6 hour round trip), and will drive me to Salt Lake City when he gets back (another 6 hours), all because I still can't lower my foot below my heart. Stupid cast. Doesn't allow for any swelling or increase in blood pressure. Wonderful man. Truly wonderful man.
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • He went to the grocery store after work to buy a case of Wild Cherry Pepsi for my co-worker whom I have to bribe tomorrow.
  • He gets up with our dog in the mornings (usually 5ish), and lets me sleep a little later.  
  • He created an interpretive dance called "Ode to Nuge" for me, and breaks it out whenever I'm having a bad day or bummed out to make me laugh. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• He drove the entire way back from Maine, leaving at 7pm and getting to Va around 5am so that we could spend a day with our dog before she went to the vet for a dental cleaning. He wanted to just leave the morning before, getting in around 8pm the night before her cleaning and then take her straight from the kennel to the vet instead.

Also because he stuck with me through my temporary insanity known as house buying.
  • He makes me breakfast every morning just to make sure I eat something to take my meds.

• He's out in the 93 degree sun grilling hamburgers for charity and I'm at home knotting :)
    Photobucket
  • He spent his break looking up all the preschools in his area for me to apply to since we're getting a place together in his town at the end of August.  He's so thoughtful :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • He also just text me to make sure I was ok since we just had an earthquake and I am still at work.

• Damn, all of your menfolks are doing this big nice things, and all mine does is dance around in a blanket with his boxers on his head, making wierd leg twitches and sh*t. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I said, "Bless you" this morning, and he came back with, "Wasn't I blessed enough waking up to you?"

We can look at each other and blurt out the exact same movie quote.

He makes me awesome peanut butter sandwiches to take to work. Really, I don't know how they're that good.
  • He's picking up a caprisi panini for me on his way home.  YUM, this is my absolute favorite!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fidhso-rocks-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9be5f25b-3288-4dc0-8543-21f888ae1000Post:90121501-01aa-4a1c-9717-71767e4833f5">Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]He gets up with our dog in the mornings (usually 5ish), and lets me sleep a little later.  
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

This. And he cooks me dinner every night. And he leaves me sticky notes every morning with a good  morning message. And he is a sexy beast :)
  • He's in the kitchen making an awesome roast chicken dinner for me. 

He took the kitten to the vet today and dealt with her as she got shots and her nails clipped. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fidhso-rocks-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9be5f25b-3288-4dc0-8543-21f888ae1000Post:f537cd9f-f0d3-435e-959a-a8f4adcfcf24">Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn, all of your menfolks are doing this big nice things, and all mine does is dance around in a blanket with his boxers on his head, making wierd leg twitches and sh*t. 
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

<div>But dancing the Ode to Nug is awesome enough, in it's own right!</div>
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • He went out and got Papa John's pizza for me today since I was home sick. Then he brought up a couple of slices, and went back for a fork. Oh, and a Coke in a glass with ice and a straw like I like it.

Then before he went to work, he checked on me, and took the plate back downstairs.

He also took care of the dog this morning. And, every night, he "tucks me in" since I go to bed shortly after he gets home from work.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Because He sat in a car for 11 hour (each way) to spend the 4th watching fireworks with me
    and also because
    he endured 13 months of heat, sand and gunshots for my freedom (and yours too) I LOVE MY MARINE
  • I just had to buy a gallon of milk with the expiration date of our wedding.  Since the wedding has been over, we've been filling it with dimes.  (Our wedding was 4-10-10) A little silly, but he sent me out to his work van and I saw he's been collecting them for me! :)
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
  • Whenever we have dinner, he makes my plate first, then his own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • He said we could go to Disney World for our honeymoon even though it's not his style of vacation at all (he ended up loving it!). 

He brings me snacks for no reason. 

He makes eggs perfectly for me. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • he just called to make sure that me and dog are ok because of the storms in the area. He is hours away for a job and wont be home until tomorrow!
    Finally, a Mrs!
  • because no matter how much weight I have gained since we met, he still wants to see me naked. Seriously, that is important.

because he takes out the trash, most of the time without me asking

because he calls me everyday during the work day just to see how my day is going.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fidhso-rocks-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9be5f25b-3288-4dc0-8543-21f888ae1000Post:f537cd9f-f0d3-435e-959a-a8f4adcfcf24">Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn, all of your menfolks are doing this big nice things, and all mine does is dance around in a blanket with his boxers on his head, making wierd leg twitches and sh*t. 
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Shamelessness is an important quality. I think your man rocks for that!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fidhso-rocks-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9be5f25b-3288-4dc0-8543-21f888ae1000Post:c8fdccbe-caa7-4bc6-833e-7465ff4a777c">Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]because no matter how much weight I have gained since we met, he still wants to see me naked. Seriously, that is important. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Good one. I'll ditto this.</div>
  • We got an awesome bunch of menfolk!  :)  I thought people felt sorry for our SO though....hmmmmm
  • He gives me foot massages withut me having to ask (with my toe issue, I get frequent cramps due to having to walk on the side of my foot)

He has a total Vin Diesel vibe going on (and I love me some Vin Diesel muscles and deep voice)

No mastter how bad I'm feeling, he can always make me laugh

Barb--we have the same wedding date!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fidhso-rocks-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9be5f25b-3288-4dc0-8543-21f888ae1000Post:5b21617c-b868-4ef7-aa8d-a16ce9dd3ec2">Re: FI/DH/SO Rocks Because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got an awesome bunch of menfolk!  :)  I thought people felt sorry for our SO though....hmmmmm
    Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]
    Well they are only nice to us because they fear our wrath.
  • because he's been working 14 hour day for months now just so he can keep his promise to my dad to cover half of the wedding expenses.

because the first thing he does when he gets home everyday is give me the biggest hug and kiss...makes me all warm inside.

because he sees the real me and loves her.
  • He took me to David's Bridal in his truck (bc mine has no A/C) so I could buy a long line bra for non wedding purposes. He even walked inside voluntarily and waited patiently for me (so I made sure I didn't take long).
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • He cooks for me everynight. 
    He deals with me when I am cranky.
    Also because he looks so cute sleeping next to me right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards