Snarky Brides

Monday

Morning,

How was everyones weekends?

I worked on a lot of wedding stuff. I feel great about it.
I also watched horrible netflix horror movies... all went well until I found on that scared the crapola out of me!
It was a stupid one but it got to me!
I had to make poor fiona come to the bathroom with me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Monday

• I had a good weekend as well. Worked on a lot of wedding stuff...ordered the invites, mailed the STDs, finished my cardbox & went BM dress shopping. I got to hang out with my cousin, who is also my MOH, and her new baby boy. Hes too precious. I miss him already. 
    Today, woke up before my alarm, which was good. It gave me a chance to sit around and drink some coffee before getting ready. I didnt feel rushed at all, which makes me feel alot better now that I am at work. 
    Hope everyone has a great monday!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! I'm happy that I'm not the only one working today! We never get off for President's Day and I'm always jealous of those who are.

I had a pretty good weekend of doing pretty much nothing. We're cat sitting for my parents, (the lovely kitty in my picture) until tomorrow. She's been at our house since Friday. While looks very pretty, she's quite the talker and personality. I love her, but she likes to meow loudly at night and kept us up - so it was also a frustrating weekend at the same time. I spent many hours napping during the day on our couch to catch up on what I missed at night. 

Sierra, did your bridesmaids find dress they like? Did you say your color was Malibu from David's Bridal? 

Apple, which movie did you watch that was scary? 

I watched Shutter Island on Sunday. I've wanted to see it for awhile because I love Leonardo Dicaprio, but I was always too much of a wimp to watch it. H and I never watch scary movies. But I'm happy I finally did because it wasn't very scary and it turned out to be a good movie.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We watched part of Shutter Island too. It was a bit disturbing. I am getting hopefully my final dress fitting and then going to help my mom unpack and sort boxes. She and my dad sort of inherited a house and the guy was basically a hoarder.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e70308b-e999-4032-96f1-ea553e2adbc6Post:1a7c16ce-61b6-46b2-9afc-406c87623bb4">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I'm happy that I'm not the only one working today! We never get off for President's Day and I'm always jealous of those who are. I had a pretty good weekend of doing pretty much nothing. We're cat sitting for my parents, (the lovely kitty in my picture) until tomorrow. She's been at our house since Friday. While looks very pretty, she's quite the talker and personality. I love her, but she likes to meow loudly at night and kept us up - so it was also a frustrating weekend at the same time. I spent many hours napping during the day on our couch to catch up on what I missed at night.  <strong>Sierra, did your bridesmaids find dress they like? Did you say your color was Malibu from David's Bridal?</strong>  Apple, which movie did you watch that was scary?  I watched Shutter Island on Sunday. I've wanted to see it for awhile because I love Leonardo Dicaprio, but I was always too much of a wimp to watch it. H and I never watch scary movies. But I'm happy I finally did because it wasn't very scary and it turned out to be a good movie.
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Yes they all did, well except 1 & yes, that is my color. I posted links to the dresses they decided on in the WP board on my post about going BM dress shopping, originally posted on Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was Megan is missing.
    I don't recomend it at all!

I got my bridesmaids another bridesmaid dress and flower girl dress.
    almost all the parts of the invitations are in. ( all of them shipped separately I was so excited and I still have to wait )
    finally got a bunch of addresses I was waiting on. I am only waiting on two now.
    finally getting on getting registered.

yay
  • Hi! I'm working today too. H's dad is working in this area today and tomorrow, so I had a mad scramble clean-up before work this morning in case he wants to see our place.

Have to admit, I'm a little jealous of all the wedding talk. Wedding crafts were tons of fun, and I never went shopping with my BMs, so I think I need a PPD to get the full experience. It's the only possible solution.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Snow day for me again!

I had a horrible Friday (posted a rant on GIS); here's the summary:

I asked my dad a while back if he'd officiate at our wedding. He's a ship's captain, and there is only one form he'd have to complete to make it legal, so I sent it to him. He was flattered and excited about it, so it was all good... Around the same time that I asked him, mom asked if I was inviting estranged sis to the wedding. When I said that I didn't know, she started to cry ...

So, here we are, Friday. Dad decided that he doesn't want to officiate because it's too much work ... the same day that I get an email from my sister asking if we can clear the air, because we only have each other - blah, blah, blah. Too much of a coincidence for me.

I also know what's coming - Dad will offer to do it IF I invite sis and her abusive husband OR will threaten not to come at all if I don't invite them.

My drama.

On the up side, I have today at home to start finding a new officiant, instead of trying to do it over recess or lunch at school!

(I don't watch scary movies, so I can't comment. I saw the first few minutes of Shutter Island, but that's about it).

Other than that, crazy busy weekend with rehearsal, snowmobiling, baby shower and real life stuff like getting groceries and running errands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenny, I'm sorry for your crappy Friday. I hope your family comes around and doesn't give you anymore drama. At least you're starting to think about a plan b now, if needed and hopefully won't have to scramble at the last minute. 

Sierra, I just checked out the dresses from your WP post. Very nice! Looking back, I wish I let my bridesmaids do something like this. At the time I couldn't give up the control, but it would have saved me a lot of stress. 

Bunni, I miss wedding planning too. Fortunately my BIL and FSIL are getting married this summer, and she is not into wedding planning at all and has asked for some of my expertise in helping her figure out some of the details. It's a small destination wedding in Hawaii so it should be fun! I've even started a board on pinterest just for her. She says I'm better than google, lol. 

Shutter Island was more strange than anything else. Some imagery was a little disturbing, but I didn't find it scary. The trailers and commercials for the movie were the scariest parts actually. And like I said, I don't watch scary movies. H and I even look away from the television when scary movie commercials come on!
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm stuck at work too :( I actually didn't do any wedding stuff other than discuss honeymoon options and get some pricing. Nice to relax for once! Friday was drama filled...my childhood best friend dropped out of the wedding and now it's kind of akward between us.

Jenny--sorry to hear about your yucky situation! Family can be more stressful to deal with than anything. Are you that dead set on not having them there? Estranged or not she is still your sis and would inviting her there be worth having your dad to officiate?

Apple and Sierra--Congrats on finding your BM dresses!! I just finalized mine last week and am sooo relieved. That was a bigger pain in the butt than I expected.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e70308b-e999-4032-96f1-ea553e2adbc6Post:8a4a8019-4b28-41fe-a2a2-33767d4fbc32">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jenny, I'm sorry for your crappy Friday. I hope your family comes around and doesn't give you anymore drama. At least you're starting to think about a plan b now, if needed and hopefully won't have to scramble at the last minute.  <strong>Sierra, I just checked out the dresses from your WP post. Very nice! Looking back, I wish I let my bridesmaids do something like this. At the time I couldn't give up the control, but it would have saved me a lot of stress. </strong> Bunni, I miss wedding planning too. Fortunately my BIL and FSIL are getting married this summer, and she is not into wedding planning at all and has asked for some of my expertise in helping her figure out some of the details. It's a small destination wedding in Hawaii so it should be fun! I've even started a board on pinterest just for her. She says I'm better than google, lol.  Shutter Island was more strange than anything else. Some imagery was a little disturbing, but I didn't find it scary. The trailers and commercials for the movie were the scariest parts actually. And like I said, I don't watch scary movies. H and I even look away from the television when scary movie commercials come on!

Thank you! Everybody looks awesome in their dresses. It was so much less stress than me deciding on just one dress. A few of the girls tried on the same styles and didnt look good on all of them, so I am happy that they all picked something that looks really god on them. The only problem I have now is how they want to wear their hair. I wanted all the girls to wear their hair up, but FSIL, who is a BM, mentioned that she wants to wear her hair half up, half down. I really dont want to budge on this detail but dont want to seem to bossy, so I am not sure how to handle this. Ill figure it out I guess :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e70308b-e999-4032-96f1-ea553e2adbc6Post:de94b5cd-b4b3-476b-b076-ec299e8d25bf">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only problem I have now is how they want to wear their hair. I wanted all the girls to wear their hair up, but FSIL, who is a BM, mentioned that she wants to wear her hair half up, half down. I really dont want to budge on this detail but dont want to seem to bossy, so I am not sure how to handle this. Ill figure it out I guess :]
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Honestly, I think you should just let your bridesmaids wear their how they'd like to. They'll feel more comfortable like that and will appreciate being able to choose. There was a time in my life when I never wore my hair up. If I was forced to do so for a wedding, I would have felt very self conscious the whole time. </div><div>
    </div><div>I had five bridesmaids. They all were in the same dress, but I had them choose whatever silver shoe they wanted (they wore peacock blue dresses, by Bari Jay). I gave them the option of getting their hair and makeup done, but I wasn't able to pay for it. Half of them chose to get their hair done, and the other half did their hair themselves. Each of them looked great and they looked like themselves at the wedding which was nice. And nobody cared, especially me, that they didn't all have the same shoes or the same hair style that day. 

</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e70308b-e999-4032-96f1-ea553e2adbc6Post:a2038987-af83-4b3f-8a15-28bc41bcaceb">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday : Honestly, I think you should just let your bridesmaids wear their how they'd like to. They'll feel more comfortable like that and will appreciate being able to choose. There was a time in my life when I never wore my hair up. If I was forced to do so for a wedding, I would have felt very self conscious the whole time.  I had five bridesmaids. <strong>They all were in the same dress,</strong> <strong>but I had them choose whatever silver shoe they wanted</strong> (they wore peacock blue dresses, by Bari Jay). I gave them the option of getting their hair and makeup done, but I wasn't able to pay for it. Half of them chose to get their hair done, and the other half did their hair themselves. Each of them looked great and they looked like themselves at the wedding which was nice. And nobody cared, especially me, that they didn't all have the same shoes or the same hair style that day. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

This is what I am doing but they all picked the same dress themselves.
    which was kinda nice.

I am getting super excited.
  • Hi ladies!

My invitations came in today! I'm in love with Vistaprint right now, super quick and beautiful! And on sale!

I'm getting caught up on school work and report writing, this week is going to be brutal! Stat holidays always kick my butt, since everything still needs to be fit into my week.

Jenny, sorry to hear about your drama. I'm actually only inviting one of my mom's brothers (she's one of 6 kids) to the wedding, mostly to avoid drama and extra cost. I've decided that if i don't see people regularly in real life or at least every couple of years, its just not worth the stress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e70308b-e999-4032-96f1-ea553e2adbc6Post:59764cf3-ab6f-46e5-bb15-62c5ba390be4">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! My invitations came in today! <strong>I'm in love with Vistaprint right now, super quick and beautiful! And on sale!</strong> I'm getting caught up on school work and report writing, this week is going to be brutal! Stat holidays always kick my butt, since everything still needs to be fit into my week. Jenny, sorry to hear about your drama. I'm actually only inviting one of my mom's brothers (she's one of 6 kids) to the wedding, mostly to avoid drama and extra cost. I've decided that if i don't see people regularly in real life or at least every couple of years, its just not worth the stress!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

I just ordered mine from VP on Friday beacuse I got an email for 50% off. I paid only $105 for 70 invites, 70 reception cards & 140 return labels. We had previously ordered the RSVP cards. Love that site!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenny - do your parents realize that their son-in-law is abusing their daughter?!  I know you explained the situ once before, but I can't remember if your parents are aware of the abuse.  I should think he would be the LAST person they'd want to set eyes on.
  • Yup, they're aware of it, but have decided that they'll put up with it because she won't leave him. Honestly, we never got along, and she's never been a part of my life. Every so often she plays the 'we only have each other' card, but that's not cutting it with me. She's never been a source of anything in my life other than stress, so I'm over it.

We have to get the invitations ordered, and I've seen a few on Vistaprint that I really like. FI has picked out a few too, now we just have to decide on one... Guess I'd better confirm the officiant first, but when we do, it's Vistaprint for us too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry Jenny that really sucks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards