Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning.

Oooh, I get to start a morning thread. I know it's Monday, but I'm actually awake and ready for this week to begin. I don't have much planned. I am on a 7 day stretch which ends Wednesday, then I have a 4 day weekend. I can't wait.
20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Good Morning.

• Options
    I'm super excited. I got a 32 on my ACT =D My 36 in reading made up for my sh*tty 25 in math. I am PUMPED BECAUSE I AM FUCKING AWESOME.
  • Options
    Good morning.  It definitely feels like a Monday.  Is it 4 o'clock yet so I can go home?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Congrats Any :)

This weekend SUCKED.  

1.  Implanon BC reaction: Last Wednesday I noticed a rash forming around the site of the implant.  Friday afternoon I was told to go to the ER.  I arrived there around 2:40ish and never left until 8pm.  I had about 5 million people looking at me and then finally they called OB/GYN to come take a look.  They were trying to convince me to use a higher concentration of hydrocortisone to see if that would work.  Ummm, I just paid 100 bucks and it's been 5 hours... for real that's it?  I ended up having them remove it.  The process was kind of nasty.  Then after it was out they mentioned how "rare" and "weird" that was.  I think I made the right decision.

2. Funeral Service for my good friend on Saturday: self explanatory.

Basically, if I dish out bitchy with a side of emotional in my posts over the next few days the above is why.  

ETA:  DJ i hate the after effects.  It definitely takes me a full day to recover after a migraine has gone away.  Which reminds me, I had a horrible migraine in the ER and they couldn't have given two shites. I got "Oh, that's too bad" and they proceeded to put my in the BRIGHTEST room possible.  Aholes.

• Options
    Wahoo Any!  Good job. 

((hugs)) for you lbarr, sorry about your shiity weekend.

My weekend was busy.  Lots of work around the house and a good amount of visitng with friends.  Turns out our carpet will be going in 2 weeks earlier than we'd figured, so we really have to pick up the pace on work.

Tonight my dad is taking us out for dinner in honour of my birthday (last week).  We picked Thai.  I'm excited.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Raynes, I've never had Thai food but I've heard it is delicious!  That sounds like it will be a good time :)
  • Options
    I love Thai food.  One of my favourite parts is that when you're with a group you generally just order a bunch of dishes to share. 
  • Options
    A week and two-ish days.  I had the normal "healing" itching and then I noticed a rash that started to turn into raised bumps.  It was weird, the rash was all around the implant so you could "see" exactly where it was in my arm.  They said that my body was probably adjusting and that the cream would help... I'm sorry, I don't want my body to "adjust" to something it is reacting too, that isn't normal IMO.
  • Options
    I always thought Crab Rangoon was Chinese?  I love them.  I could go for an order... or two.... right now.
  • Options
    I just had Thai food for the first time on Saturday. I wasn't impressed. I prefer Chinese or Vietnamese. H is trying to get me to go to this Mediterranean place but I'm still talking myself into that one (I'm not generally very adventurous food wise).

It's rainy here, but I love it. Rain is awesome, and we need it. Other than that nothing is going on. I'm looking forward to a nap when I get home.
  • Options
    Way to go Any! That is an awesome score.  When I took mine, I was that loser who got 29 twice and because I wanted a 30 so bad, I took it a third time (but I got it haha)

Oh my gosh I feel like it's been over a week since I've been at school, but it's only been like 2 days.  I decided to come in early today to check email and whatnot since we don't have internet yet.  I'm so glad this move is done but we still have so much to unpack.  Cleaning the old apartments yesterday was a huge PITA.
  • Options
    1) Stupid Meryl Streep is stupid. 2) My tea is too hot and my office smells like burnt toast :( 3) I'm going to see the Punch Brothers tomorrow ZOMFG!!! This erases anything (almost anything) bad that may happen today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:b27a3a89-55e9-4ef4-a0d4-12f43472583a">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning. : I don't think I've seen it on a Chinese menu but maybe I missed it.  I actually need to go out and get lunch today since I have no food but I might just grab BK or something.<strong> I don't like to get CR too often, I'm afraid I'll get sick of it and then I won't like Thai food anymore.</strong>
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>I always think that but then remember that it has cream cheese.  I don't think I could ever get tired of that stuff.  I work in an area with a plethora of Chinese restaurants.  I really want to go on a CR binge... and honestly I'm surprised I haven't succumb to temptation yet!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:71a128b8-901b-44d9-b2cb-18d3c9aaf572">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Chels, how did the move go?
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Much better than expected.  We started at 9 and were done by 2.  it only took 1 full truckload and 1 half full truckload.  We had 5 people moving, plus a dolly that could take like 5 boxes at a time.  Dollys are awesome, as are moving trucks.  I'm happy with how smoothly it went.  I was sick the whole time though which sucked. I thought it waws allergies from all the dust, but even after being out of the apartments and stuff, I'm still just as congested.  I was just sick for crying out loud, I can't be sick again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:f5358faa-ff50-4828-ac35-f7486c66d139">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food either.  It took me years to try sushi.  Now it's my favorite food.  But Thai and Viet. etc, I'm much less inclined to try.  I also like Italian and Chinese. I just like sticking to what I know, I guess.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I don't see a big difference in Chinese and Vietnemese, to be honest. Until I met H, I'd never had either. He also got me turned on to calamari. That's probably my favorite appetizer now.

I don't think I'll ever try sushi. Unless it's fried or tuna in a can, I don't generally like seafood.
  • Options
    Lbarr, that sounds awful!

I love trying new foods!  I really like Indian food but H doesn't so it's very rare that I get to have it.  So good though! 

Sesh, isn't this rain wonderful?  I love when it's rainy out.  Yesterday, I spent the entire day on the couch with the windows open just watching tv and listening to the rain.  Perfect Sunday, IMO.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! My race went really well yesterday, in fact, I wouldn't have changed a thing. There was a whole group of us that started the race together (a few of us moved back a couple corrals so we could start at the same time). One of my running friends stuck with me the whole way, and she was very encouraging and knew so much about this course since this was her fourth time running it. I didn't really hit the wall till around mile 11 or 12. I was just ready to be done already. I never stopped to walk once though, I just kept a steady pace and every once in a while we'd lengthen our stride to stretch out our muscles. I finished in 2 hours 32 mins, and my goal was 2h 30m so I got pretty dang close! I'm already looking forward to my next race. Just ate some breakfast then I'll be hitting the road home. I think I might need one more cup of coffee though.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Sesh, I always turn my nose up at seafood and yet for some reason I absolutely LOVE sushi... it's a little weird.  It might be because sushi doesn't really smell or taste "fishy" to me.  Lately, I have started to try different types of cooked fish and I'm slowly starting to like it.  FI hates fish so luckily I'm not forced to eat it :)
  • Options
    I see TK is up to it's shenanigans again.
  • Options
    Sesh I'm not a huge seafood fan othre than shrimp and I ADORE sushi.  The fish itself is only like 10% of the roll, maybe 20%. The rest is rice/veggies/sauce.  You can also get vegetarian sushi. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:d5bfbf76-db15-42d5-a350-d18c2c26ef49">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had Thai food for the first time on Saturday. I wasn't impressed. I prefer Chinese or Vietnamese. <strong>H is trying to get me to go to this Mediterranean place</strong> but I'm still talking myself into that one (I'm not generally very adventurous food wise). It's rainy here, but I love it. Rain is awesome, and we need it. Other than that nothing is going on. I'm looking forward to a nap when I get home.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Mediterranean is one of my favourite cuisines.  The spices aren't too bold/adventerous, and if you'll eat lamb they do that very well. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it is a good thing but our neighborhood has great Thai, Indian, Japanese and Greek food. I love each one of those so we eat out more than we should. I have yet to meet an ethnic cuisine I didn't like. I'll also try just about any food at least once. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love noodles. I'm a big pasta girl. I always ask for extra rice.

I've tried to like seafood, but I just don't. Sometimes I can handle fish, but most of the time seafood just grosses me out. Unless it's fried calamari. That shiit is delicious.
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think there is a big difference between actual sushi (just fish on rice) and sushi rolls. I like plain sushi but I greatly prefer rolls. I like all the different flavor combinations. I think they're also a good way to ease yourself into eating sushi. Sashimi is ok, but it's not something I'd order.

Sesh - I have no idea how far you are from St Augustine but if you're ever in that area check out Fusion Point. Still my favorite sushi place. They have other good Japanese stuff too. 
  • Options
    Celtic, we are about 45 minutes from St. Augustine. I'll keep that in mind next time we're there.

Christ, I swear we have the dumbest sales team. It's so annyoing because our manager is constantly bitching at us about writing quality copy and changing up our style guide to make life easier on design and QC, but does anyone ever talk to sales about making our life easier? Of course not.

This is the kind of information I'm working with:
    - "We deter-man the cost for satisfaction customer is our guarantee." - oh yes, 'deter-man' for 'determine'

- "We provide clean respectable and fast junk" (junk removal company, not that you would understand that from that sentence)
  • Options
    Now I have a craving for sushi
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:bbe53ac6-f443-4af8-ba91-44c9314554dc">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Celtic, we are about 45 minutes from St. Augustine. I'll keep that in mind next time we're there. Christ, I swear we have the dumbest sales team. It's so annyoing because our manager is constantly bitching at us about writing quality copy and changing up our style guide to make life easier on design and QC, but does anyone ever talk to sales about making our life easier? Of course not. This is the kind of information I'm working with: - "We deter-man the cost for satisfaction customer is our guarantee." - oh yes, <strong>'deter-man' for 'determine'</strong> - "We provide clean respectable and fast junk" (junk removal company, not that you would understand that from that sentence)
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

um, okay?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-219?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a48154f6-af94-4890-8eac-1326d7c69e18Post:a671af55-f56e-482e-94da-8dd060c0144e">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now I have a craving for sushi
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too. The place by us has a great happy hour too so I suspect we may end up there tonight. I usually get a large roll, a seaweed salad and some sake for under $15. </div>
  • Options
    I've been craving sushi for weeks.  You guys aren't helping.  Aren't crab rangoons kind of bastardized Chinese food?  I mean, I love them, but I didn't think they were authentic.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    There is a sushi buffet restaurant here. I went to it for the first time a couple weekends ago. All you can eat sushi for like $10.  It wasn't QUITE as high of a quality as the sushi restaurant we normally go to, but it was still delicious.  And they have this mystery "house sushi" that was simply fantastic.  I want some more.
  • Options
    Yeah I always see crab rangoon on the menu at Chinese take-out places. But it's a deep fried thing with some crab and cream cheese maybe? I get them but I don't really know what's in them except that they're delicious.

I'm reviewing the fashions from the Oscars last night. I didn't watch because I find the actual awards presentation boring as shiit but I will definitely be watching Fashion Police tonight lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards