Snarky Brides

Regarding SSMT

2»

Re: Regarding SSMT

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sister-stealing-thunder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a86e14ca-ba71-4b76-b907-affd5227a580Post:789b2720-88e5-4dfc-97f7-ccbb7fa12309">Re: Sister stealing my thunder</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 21/2 years and am still not engaged.  My sister who is 4 years younger, got engaged after 9 months, and I was a little upset and jealous.  Then she decided to plan her wedding for the day after my 25th birthday.  Like I want to spend a big birthday watching my little sister prepare to get married before me.  Not at all, but I talked to her, she's not changing her mind, and I'm going to have to suck it up, but I do get the fustration you feel.
    Posted by kelle017[/QUOTE]

Kelle, I really hope that's an attempt at a terrible joke. Your 25th <strong>birthday</strong> is more important than your sister's <strong>wedding</strong>? I highly reccomend getting your priorities straight and be happy for your sister.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sister-stealing-thunder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a86e14ca-ba71-4b76-b907-affd5227a580Post:789b2720-88e5-4dfc-97f7-ccbb7fa12309">Re: Sister stealing my thunder</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 21/2 years and am still not engaged.  My sister who is 4 years younger, got engaged after 9 months, and I was a little upset and jealous.  Then she decided to plan her wedding for the day after my 25th birthday.  Like I want to spend a big birthday watching my little sister prepare to get married before me.  Not at all, but I talked to her, she's not changing her mind, and I'm going to have to suck it up, but I do get the fustration you feel.

This is utterly ridiculous. You seem like you're going to be 15 not 25. Wow.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sister-stealing-thunder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a86e14ca-ba71-4b76-b907-affd5227a580Post:e2c59d9a-a6f0-4f58-a805-71efc0abf82a">Re: Sister stealing my thunder</a>:
    [QUOTE]The crying part yeah thats a lil dramatic, but i would be annoyed too like my lil sis when she found out iwas engaged try to setup a lie and everyone thought this kid her bf was going to propose and well some people believed her she herself wanted to believe it but i think it was because she was jealous...... so yeah i would be a little upset because same here its hard these days with money and stuff and for family to pay that much money two months in a row yeah that might cause some problems.......soooooo
    Posted by bowlerchick1705[/QUOTE]

Please, please, please, I beg of you, learn how to use punctuation and how to structure a sentence to convey a complete thought. This verbal hogwash made my eyes hurt, and I had no idea what you said.
    If you have something you think is important to add to the discussion, please make it readable, or no one will be able to get the benefit of your wisdom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sister-stealing-thunder?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a86e14ca-ba71-4b76-b907-affd5227a580Post:789b2720-88e5-4dfc-97f7-ccbb7fa12309">Re: Sister stealing my thunder</a>:

My birthday is Christmas Eve, but it doesn't mean I get mad at Baby Jesus for overshadowing my special day. Gosh, get over yourself.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • This thread brought the funny.
  • I don't have a sister but if I did and she did that to me I would be pissed! Maybe because I am the only girl I do think that its rude to have a wedding so close to a close relative, My first reaction would be petty and see if I could move my wedding up 2 months before hers, but I'm sure I would get a grip and not be that petty. . . .hopefully lol. I totally see your point of being considerate of people just to have someone not show the same consideration. I am sorry that you are upset about it but I'm sure that once you start planing and get closer to marring the man you love you wont care what day your sisters wedding. Just remember its about you and him and dont worry about what other people.

On a side note aprovencher I like you!! Big difference between honesty and rudeness. I see so many rude people on the boards and I wonder what is their problem to be so nasty to others!

• With my family, they would chose one wedding, and they would try to all go to the same one and have a mini reunion.  So, in my case it would be everyone at one wedding, nobody at the other.  So I understand the frustration.  I think your mom reacted a bit harshly, but you should probably figure out what your sister's motives are before you soak your pillow.
  • I think the problem lies with you dont wont your baby sister getting married before you. My SIL did that to me my husband and his brother proposed to us at around the same time. We was getting married in Mar 00 she decided she had to get married the same month and year. The only thing i did was let her have it and we got married in Mar. 02, but as soon as I changed mine she decided then that she wanted to get married in Apr 00, So maybe your sis did that cause she knew it would piss you off or she just thought it was cool, but to cry everyday, you are acting like a baby and it seem that maybe you have some hidden issues with your sis that you haven't address yet, 2 mos is a long time, it is not the wedding that counts it is the marriage and you spending the rest of your life with the person you love, because 6 yrs down the road you are going to forgot everything that happen before you walked down the aisle, so lighten up girl it is only one day. Speaking from somebody that have been married for 10yrs
  • I meant speaking from somebody that have been married for 8 yrs, Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards