Snarky Brides

Got a regift from a close friend.

Got a regift from a close friend.

Re: Got a regift from a close friend.

• Did you post this on two different boards in hopes that someone would tell you that you are not actually a greedy little twatwaffle? Yeah. Good luck with that. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_got-regift-close-friend-say-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae798369-2697-41d7-8bc2-7d0c9b96d0daPost:9b58d196-0a4d-4650-92b2-6621fa56e444">Re: Got a regift from a close friend.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you post this on two different boards in hopes that someone would tell you that you are not actually a <strong>greedy little twatwaffle</strong>? Yeah. Good luck with that.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

LOL... I don't know, cew... she did have a black tie NYC wedding ($$), after all. I'm sure all the rest of guests bought her solid gold kitchen utensils and lined up to kiss her feet before they left.
  • For those who missed it, someone quoted this on her other post on the etiquette board.
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_got-regifted-wedding-gift-say-something

You're channeling a bride someone on the Nest wrote about, after she attended the wedding.  The guest got an email a couple weeks after the wedding.  The B&G asked that everyone who attended donate $X amount of money, since what everyone gave in presents/ money didn't come nearly close enough for what they spent on the guests.

Seriously, the girls on Etiquette said it all.  Insulting people will get you nowhere on these boards, and neither will deleting all your messages because you want to make everything magically disappear. 
  • OP-you are ridiculous.  Way to show off what a spoiled, entitled little brat you really are.

I'm sorry you didn't get the validation you wanted but usually people on TK don't advise posters to base friendship on how much people are willing to spend on you.

Your dog is ugly.
  • Ive regifted things to close friends.  It has always been something that I would never use/already have one of and something that I knew that the person who was receiving it would enjoy.  Obviously I would never regift something I thought a worthless piece of crap to someone I actually cared about.  So if your friend regifted you a blender cause she already has one and knew you needed it, suck it up and write her a nice thank you note. 

CEW515 - Twatwaffle -LMAO.  This is my new favorite insult!!
  • OP, perhaps it WAS  athoughtful gift. Myabe it wasn't your friend's style, but she thought it would be perfect for you. There is nothing wrong with re-gifting. Its still giving a gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Cew: after the first time I saw you use "twatwaffle" I added it to my regular vocabulary. LOL

OP, make a joke out of it and give it back to her the next time a gift-giving occasion rolls around.  And if you can't see the humor in the situation and are TRULY offended by it...well I'm sticking with cew515 and agreeing that you are a greedy little twatwaffle.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • I am going to be a small voice of partial disagreement here, but only partial:

If I had spent big cash on a good and well thought out gift for someone, and got a sort of cra--py re-gift from that person (sort of crappy being in the eye of the beholder) and I knew that person had cash to spend on a gift, I might be a little put out. I am not even saying that feeling would be entirely justified, but my inner five year old might feel it nonetheless.

However, and it is a big "however", I also know that a gift is never an obligation, and NEVER (yelling intentional!) under any circumstances do I get to complain about a gift to the giver-or to anyone the giver knows and might speak with, for that matter! Never.

In addition to that, any and everything the PP said might well be true: maybe she thought it was perfect for me, and so on. Just because I think it is crappy does not mean she thinks so.

In summary, grow up. You are a bride, not a 4 year old. Geez! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_got-regift-close-friend-say-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae798369-2697-41d7-8bc2-7d0c9b96d0daPost:9b58d196-0a4d-4650-92b2-6621fa56e444">Re: Got a regift from a close friend.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you post this on two different boards in hopes that someone would tell you that you are not actually a greedy little twatwaffle? Yeah. Good luck with that. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    i love you. i really thought i was the only person to use twatwaffle
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • The first place I saw twatwaffle was over on TIP, last year some time.  I use it regularly, especially when I want to horrify my mother!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_got-regift-close-friend-say-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae798369-2697-41d7-8bc2-7d0c9b96d0daPost:d3729103-a010-4fd3-90ca-e78e8541e5de">Re: Got a regift from a close friend.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The first place I saw twatwaffle was over on TIP, last year some time.  I use it regularly, especially when I want to horrify my mother!
    Posted by swim1011[/QUOTE]

<div>I would like the term more if it was "dickwaffle" or something. The other way reminds me of how some abusive/idiotic/drunken/pick your adjective is always going for the "c" word, and no I am not talking about cancer.</div>
  • lanajanellelanajanelle member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    You probably admired the item and she thought you would love it.  Be appreciative.
  • I"m really sad I can't read the original post....
  • Wow, people are either really cutesy and nice on the forum or...... LOL. 

Lawren, I guess you're looking for justification well, here it is.  Personally, I would be quite choked if I got a regift.  No ifs ands or buts about it.  Regifting is super rude and I would never do it.  But some people are cheap jerks and that's the way it is.  How about at Christmas, give that one back to her?  Whoever touches the gift last is "IT". 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_got-regift-close-friend-say-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae798369-2697-41d7-8bc2-7d0c9b96d0daPost:b76af3c3-b9b2-41a3-a796-566717b9e545">Re: Got a regift from a close friend.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm dying here reading these posts... What's it with weddings in NYC?! I bet she got her dress on Klienfeld's and probably tried to get on the show. 
    Posted by papermate[/QUOTE]

<div>Maybe I am missing something.  But what does her having an NYC wedding and getting a Kleinfeld's dress have to do with any of this.  Unless you are all jealous of the fact that someone else was paying for her wedding with a budget that triples yours (I'm just guessing, I have no idea what her wedding is like)  IMO, re-gifting is tacky.  I am not expecting anyone to give me a gift valued at X -amount or higher.  If they don't have a lot of money, I would rather them make a scrapbook of all the good times we had together or something like that, than to give me something they just had lying around the house.  </div><div>
    </div><div>OP- I wouldn't say anything, I would just move on from it.  People are going to give you what they want and you do have to just appreciate the thought (not that it seems like much thought went into your friends gift) And move on.   </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards