Snarky Brides

White Parties and Tutus

Ok so I need some input/ideas here. I'm going to a NYE trapeze white party. Apparently it's like Halloween but in white. I googled the party and could only find 1 picture of some girls in regular white clothes but then I called the place and they said people wear whatever they want and proceeded to say things like corsets and tutus and told me it's like Halloween.

Well it gave me an idea. I was thinking that I'd do a white tuxedo tutu... button up white shirt with silver bow tie, silver top hat, white tutu with bling, silver shoes and some sort of white stockings? Fishnets? Do you think it's too much silver? How much silver is acceptable at a white party?

An acquaintance I'm going with says she was thinking about being a "bond girl" like james bond. WTH is that? I mean I googled it and have no idea what she has pictured. I don't want to show up in a tutu and she's wearing a fancy gown and everyone else is wearing regular clothes. I'm not Lady Ga Ga

I would quiz this girl more but we just started talking and I don't want to come off weird or anything. I'm just confused because the picture I found shows something completely different than what the lady on the phone said and I've never been to a white party... maybe I'm just totally over thinking this.

Sorry to ramble on but any thoughts are welcome. Thanks

Edit - Any ideas of other white costumes?

Re: White Parties and Tutus

• I wouldn't be brave enough to rock something so unconventional without fully knowing what the group would interpret the dress code to be.  Bond girl works though.  A little over the top, old hollywood glamour maybe, or just fun.

White outfit (dress, fitted pants and a button up), jewelry, maybe a white fealther or floral fascinator, kickass white heels..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_white-parties-tutus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b777f6da-8781-4ee4-9268-dec50591c20bPost:83025d01-d22c-405d-85ce-5f45b7541abb">Re: White Parties and Tutus</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I wouldn't be brave enough to rock something so unconventional without fully knowing what the group would interpret the dress code to be.</strong>  Bond girl works though.  A little over the top, old hollywood glamour maybe, or just fun. White outfit (dress, fitted pants and a button up), jewelry, maybe a white fealther or floral fascinator, kickass white heels..
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

This is exactly my concern. I'm totally down to get crazy with my outfit but I'm just not sure. I mean if I had a good idea of what everyone else was wearing this would be much easier. I have some sweet angel wings made of feathers but an angel? Doesn't really appeal to me.
  • If this is a hotel or bar party and it's not really known in your area, I think I would go with something more toned down and then try to do something extra funky with makeup or accessories.  The reason being, is that more than likely the bar girls or hostesses will be really decked out and then most other party goers may be more ho-hum, and that would make me feel uncomfortable to stick out or be "too much."

If you like the white-silver combo, think white skinny jeans, a shiny white or silver tank, silver heels and long dangly earrings or something.  Or maybe a white mini dress with great platforms and jewelery. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_white-parties-tutus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b777f6da-8781-4ee4-9268-dec50591c20bPost:1f8a26ad-7c3d-461d-bb6f-66e1d075961c">Re: White Parties and Tutus</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>If this is a hotel or bar party and it's not really known in your area, I think I would go with something more toned down</strong> and then try to do something extra funky with makeup or accessories.  The reason being, is that more than likely the bar girls or hostesses will be really decked out and then most other party goers may be more ho-hum, and that would make me feel uncomfortable to stick out or be "too much." If you like the white-silver combo, think white skinny jeans, a shiny white or silver tank, silver heels and long dangly earrings or something.  Or maybe a white mini dress with great platforms and jewelery. 
    Posted by cbvcru67[/QUOTE]

It's at a private business not a bar or hotel. It's a trapeze aerialdome that does crazy parties for halloween, mardi gras etc. It sells out every year so I'm thinking it's pretty popular even though this is the first year I've heard of it.
  • Good luck - that sounds really neat! And since this place seems to be known for crazy parties, maybe you wouldn't be that out of place in a tutu.

I just googled "White trapeze party" just because I was curious and wanted to see if there was a party from last year or pics or whatever, and also got a couple links to different swinger's parties, so um apparently in a different world those two descriptors can be somewhat interchangable.  Ha! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_white-parties-tutus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b777f6da-8781-4ee4-9268-dec50591c20bPost:55d68bb1-413c-49e6-88c5-2eeb57b35e3e">Re: White Parties and Tutus</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck - that sounds really neat! And since this place seems to be known for crazy parties, maybe you wouldn't be that out of place in a tutu. I just googled "White trapeze party" just because I was curious and wanted to see if there was a party from last year or pics or whatever<strong>, and also got a couple links to different swinger's parties,</strong> so um apparently in a different world those two descriptors can be somewhat interchangable.  Ha! 
    Posted by cbvcru67[/QUOTE]

ha ha hopefuly that's not what I bought tickets too! I ended up finding a video that had a lot of crazy outfits but most people were just in white while the athletes were dressed the best. I think I'll go with a sexy dress and some crazy accessories.
  • Sounds like fun! I would probably play it on the safe side if I were you. I'm guessing this is probably way different than a "white out" party though. More funky and glamorous. Not sure though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is there a reason you can't call and ask?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I've never heard of these parties but sounds fun! If you aren't sure you could always do a Marilyn monroe white dress and the whole deal. Sexy but still costumey and dressy. Snow bunny? Or playboy bunny - your tuxedo top idea would work with that if u make it sleeveless! What the hell else is white :) I think your original idea sounds ok as well - does not sound too silvery but I too would be a little unsure of what to wear. Those white tuxedo blazers are really popular now. You could get one for the party and then wear again out whenever. I think forever 21 or vic secret have them. You. Could always take the top hat along just for fun - and prob a little sexy too! I'm sure some peeps will be super decked out and others in white jeans!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_white-parties-tutus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b777f6da-8781-4ee4-9268-dec50591c20bPost:be096379-efd6-48c7-a3c3-28fb19f21f6d">Re: White Parties and Tutus</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a reason you can't call and ask?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I did a couple times and was told everyone dresses up the first time and the second time I called the girl said she had never been but was going all out and pointed me to a video on their site. She basically said you're going to a circus so just have fun. After watching the video and texting this aquaintence a couple more times we decided on a happy medium.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards