Snarky Brides
Options

Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made

Thank you to Reddy for giving me the low down on how to make this cake!  I made it for Fi's grad party last week and everyone loved it. Got domestic diva points for sure.

Of course when we were sitting at the table Fi had to say "I'm surprised it turned out so well!." His SIL threw a toy at his face for that comment, and his mom and my mom both had O.o faces at him. He tried to backpedal haha. Silly boy

Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made

• Options
    That looks so frickin delicious. Recipe??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That looks really good
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well, we had a lack of proper pans so all I did was make brownies, rip them up and smash them into the bottom of a pan, then layer with one kind of mint chocolate chip ice cream, then do a second layer of brownies, then layer the other kind of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I froze it overnight, then mixed one part powdered sugar to two parts heavy whipping cream til it had stiff peaks. I spread it over the cake. Once it froze again, I put the chocolate syrup and broken York patties on top. Yum de la yum
  • Options
    I just might have to try and make that this week, thanks!
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Way to go!  Delicious looking cake!
  • Options
    I need this in my life.  I'm going to have to make some freezer space. 
  • Options
    That looks amazing. I want some now.

Stupid cooking question--what does it mean to say "one part" of something?
  • Options
    That looks delicious!  Kudos to you!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Sesh, it's a ratio.  If it's one part tequila to two parts lime, then you just use twice as much lime as tequila, no matter your unit of measure. 
  • Options
    Shesh, lets say you use a cup of sugar and two cups cream, the sugar is one part, the cream is two parts.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-dont-mind-just-awing-ice-cream-cake-made?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c46ba053-34b3-4c36-9873-12daba8a40daPost:0c038ebd-ae1f-49f1-a2de-87f17cd529ee">Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shesh, lets say you use a cup of sugar and two cups cream, the sugar is one part, the cream is two parts.
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

Yep!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-dont-mind-just-awing-ice-cream-cake-made?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c46ba053-34b3-4c36-9873-12daba8a40daPost:9a09793a-120a-495b-be78-a416f7d16f69">Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, it's a ratio.  If it's one part tequila to two parts lime, then you just use twice as much lime as tequila, no matter your unit of measure. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I want cake and a Margarita.
  • Options
    And Sesh, my FI had the same question :)
  • Options
    Ah, ok. I probably should have known that.
  • Options
    And Koda, who needs oatmeal when you can eat cake?!
  • Options
    Mmmm, that looks like it would soothe my sore throat and my sweets craving I'm having right now.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is AWESOME. I love the outside, Very pro! I'm so glad you decided to make it yourself, MUCH better that way ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-dont-mind-just-awing-ice-cream-cake-made?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c46ba053-34b3-4c36-9873-12daba8a40daPost:4d58f6eb-12cb-466b-aaa2-ca46da55d449">Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is AWESOME. I love the outside, Very pro! I'm so glad you decided to make it yourself, MUCH better that way ;)
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I would like to try making it with all the proper pans and stuff but for being smooshed into a square pan I like how it turned out! And I agree! Everyone was very impressed with MY skills hehe
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-dont-mind-just-awing-ice-cream-cake-made?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c46ba053-34b3-4c36-9873-12daba8a40daPost:4c78174f-e9be-47fc-a355-18102afd073e">Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh don't mind me, just AWing the ICE CREAM CAKE I made : Totally.  If there were no health repercussions I'd eat cake and ice cream every day for breakfast.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Same here. i am an ice cream monster I tell ya. FI and I always joke that when I'm pregnant I'll need an IV of ice cream I'll be craving it so often.
  • Options
    that looks so yummy!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    OH MY WORD.  I need to make this NOW.  That looks fantastic!  Maybe I'll make it for our anniversary with cookies n creme, cookie dough and oreos on top. 

OMG I'm drooling.
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    MUST you post things like this when I'm just starting to PMS?  Must. Have. Now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards