Snarky Brides

Date Drama....Ugh...I'm so frustrated!!! (vent!)

SO here is the scoop...my youngest brother, David and his girlfriend, Crystal, just got engaged 2 weeks ago.  I am so happy for them...really!!  But their wedding date is causing me so much trauma...and my entire family, for that matter.  Well, they have been figuring out a date - and he told me today that they are going to get married on June 15.  Doesn't sound too horrible until you consider the following....which they knew when the chose this date.  Josh has the last 3 weekends of July at work that he could get off for, but they didn't even consider any of those really.

1. Josh (my HUSBAND!!) won't be able to come.  That means I'll be home from my honeymoon less than a week and they want me to travel to Detroit for the wedding?!  When I told David I may not be ble to make it, his response was "oh well if you can't you cant" like he didn't even care.

2. Dad only has 3 days off at the moment.  He was planning on using all of his days for our wedding.  But David just says "oh well, Dad can use 2 days for Melinda's wedding, and one for mine".  HOWEVER, if they wanted to wait until July to get married then Dad would have more time off.  As it stands with the June 15 wedding, Mom and Dad would have to leave Friday morning and they wouldn't be able to get there until Friday afternoon (it's an 8 hour drive for them), and not really be able to see them or help with the wedding.

3. Mark and Krystina (my other bro and sister in law) live in VA Beach area - which means they will have to travel here at the beginning of June and there at the middle - hard on two kids, a 3 year old and the baby will only be about 6 months old at the time.  Financial hardships all around!

4. Shannon's (my sister) husband, Josh (ironic, right?), only has a few days off work for the summer.  If they waited until July, Shannon and Josh would be able to spend more time with them at the wedding, too, and they also have little kids - two long trips will be hard on the nieces as well.

5. David's reasoning for wanting to get married in June instead of July is that they want to get married ASAP.  Which I can totally understand.  I mean, I wanted to get married in May.  But we are waiting until July.  Why, you may ask?!  Oh -- because I wanted to wait until Crystal (David's fiance) to be able to come.  They weren't even enganged at the time, but I arranged my wedding date around when everyone in the family could come - including them!!  Well actually....mostly them.

Shannon tried to contact them and talk about things, but David just hung up and they yelled at her for texting Crystal during school hours (Shannon didn't know).  So it's just causing so much stress.  I just want to sit down and cry.  AGAIN!
Anniversary

Re: Date Drama....Ugh...I'm so frustrated!!! (vent!)

• I'm sure that's all really frustrating for the people involved, but your brother and his FI are planning their wedding on their terms. While it's nice when people take other people's personal preferences into account, they're not obligated to. They're entitled to get married on whichever date they want. It sounds like they're prepared for people to not be able to make it (based on his response to you) so it kind of is what it is.

People do inconvenient things for weddings all the time. It sucks, absolutely, but as long as they're gracious, appreciative and welcoming hosts to the people that are able to attend the wedding, their obligation to their guests is complete.
  • That sucks.  Your brother sounds like he's being a bit of a diva.  Also sounds like you want to fix things and you can't.  Just take deep breaths and remember there's nothing you can do to rectify the situation.  Focus on your wedding and enjoy it.  Don't stress over what's to come with his.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards