Snarky Brides

AYG

Re: AYG

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:3024684b-8f81-4cff-b654-0d6ad86fce29">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Brandi I generally like you and do not believe your intent is to be insensitive but seriously I think you should stop this argument. <strong>You realize she will see this at some point?</strong>
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Excellent point.  I have tried to clarify what I mean and in no way want to argue with anyone since I do see where it is coming from. </div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:462117ff-0529-4f59-9e17-bb423728165f">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Right, but asking if she had the appointment today sort of implies that you want to know how it went in my mind.  Why would someone care if she had gone to the doctor if they didn't want to know the results of it?  That makes no sense to me. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

I totally see that, but I honestly wasn't looking for results. My thought process was I would send out some vibes/prayers for a good appointment if it was today.
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:a3093f60-0573-4f22-b0af-9a6bd8ae9297">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do see both sides of it, and I apologize if my asking hurt Blue's feelings. She said roughly a week ago that she had another appointment in a week.  Rather than sifting through dozens of pages of night threads to answer my own question, I didn't see the big deal in asking it.  People have talked about it the past few weeks nonstop either via vibes, questions or comments, so it's not like YIO and I were the first people to bring it up without Blue doing so first. ETA and for the record, I<strong> wasn't asking for an update. I asked it in a "your appointment is later today right?" I agree, if I was asking for results, it would have been insensitive.</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

But seriously? What comes next?

-Oh did you have your appointment today?
    -Yeah, I did.

Then what? Either she says it went well or doesn't say anything which it can probably be assumed that it didn't go well. You may not be doing it directly but you are still asking for results. Leave it up to her to talk about it.
    June 16, 2012
  • So Nebb, how did your endocrine appointment go?  How's your cholesterol? 

Kidding.

I flame christi.mayo who didn't give full details, then said people should've asked more questions before being mean.  Nope... you want complete advice, give complete stories.  Duh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:462117ff-0529-4f59-9e17-bb423728165f">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Right, but asking if she had the appointment today sort of implies that you want to know how it went in my mind.  Why would someone care if she had gone to the doctor if they didn't want to know the results of it?  That makes no sense to me. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Yup. If I ask someone if they went to the doctor, guaranteed I want to know the details. Why else would I ask?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:95b4695d-db13-45fb-a106-a1074d4c373e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I totally see that, but I honestly wasn't looking for results. My thought process was I would send out some vibes/prayers for a good appointment if it was today.

So you post a little <3 or something equivalent, she knows you're thinking about her, you know you're thinking about her and nobody has blasted info all over the internet. 

Less is more.  Less is more! 
  • Some people need to learn how to use PMs. Or how about if you don't know the poster personally and have another non-public way to contact them, then maybe its none of your effing business. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Somebody better fcuking A some different Gs in a hot second because we shouldn't even be arguing about this.  This is bullshiiit.  It's called stop fcuking talking about something that is none of your damn business.
    panther
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:95b4695d-db13-45fb-a106-a1074d4c373e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I totally see that, but I honestly wasn't looking for results. <strong>My thought process was I would send out some vibes/prayers for a good appointment if it was today.</strong>
    You could do this without needing to know when the appointment was.
  • Generally when people ask if I have had an appointment they don't just ask for date clarification.  They want details.  No one cares when someone goes, they care about the "why" aspect of it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:a3093f60-0573-4f22-b0af-9a6bd8ae9297">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do see both sides of it, and I apologize if my asking hurt Blue's feelings. She said roughly a week ago that she had another appointment in a week.  Rather than sifting through dozens of pages of night threads to answer my own question, I didn't see the big deal in asking it.  People have talked about it the past few weeks nonstop either via vibes, questions or comments, so it's not like YIO and I were the first people to bring it up without Blue doing so first. ETA <strong>and for the record, I wasn't asking for an update. I asked it in a "your appointment is later today right?" I agree, if I was asking for results, it would have been insensitive.</strong>

<div>buuuulllshiiiit.</div>
  • edited May 2012
    I truly apologize for even making that statement, because yes, I do see how it sounds insanely insensitive.  This isn't me trying to backpedal, this is me genuinely seeing that I messed up with that post.  I wasn't trying to compare them (even though that wasn't how you all perceived that) and I should have just kept it to myself because I wasnt' involved in the first place.  I do not want to continue to argue or drag out the point because, as I've mentioned before, I do really see where you are all coming from.   

ETA: Fixed a word.
    imageVacation
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:10f6363a-4a79-4e9e-bb17-17bef408218b">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some people need to learn how to use PMs. Or how about if you don't know the poster personally and have another non-public way to contact them, then maybe its none of your effing business. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep.  I seriously think sometimes people either disregard or forget that this is a public forum, and there are lots of lurkers.  It's not just your friends/regs who can read what you're posting. </div>
  • Doing it wrong, but-
    Stacks, LOVE the photo of the Jas-itude!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:a2060599-a390-4f1d-9afb-b5450c87323d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : You could do this without needing to know when the appointment was.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>For real. Or do prayers have expiration dates? Is that one of the lesser known reforms from Vatican II?

</div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:87e4179e-7916-4432-8b91-36773afd78a3">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I truly apologize for even making that comparison, because yes, I do see how it sounds insanely insensitive.  This isn't me trying to backpedal, this is me genuinely seeing that I messed up with that post. <strong> I wasn't trying to compare them </strong>(even though that wasn't how you all perceived that) and I should have just kept it to myself because I wasnt' involved in the first place.  I do not want to continue to argue or drag out the point because, as I've mentioned before, I do really see where you are all coming from.   
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>No?  Talking about it in the same sentence describing types of news on here wasn't comparing?  </div><div>
    </div><div>Best advice is probably just to stop typing and move on.  </div>
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:dde57062-75f8-4d19-8fb3-dd90b486c398">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : For real. Or do prayers have expiration dates? Is that one of the lesser known reforms from Vatican II?
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

<div>This made me lol.  And I love your foil hat.  /end derailment. </div>
  • Playing devils advocate here - we all know that if you throw something out into the forum, it's public knowledge and can be recalled at any time by anybody.  If something is so personal that you don't want it recalled and asked about later, should you post anything about it to begin with? 

I don't disagree with you all at all that tact and sensitivity should be practiced here but when it's out on a public forum, you can't control any random Joe Blow coming in to ask questions let alone someone who may actually care for the poster whose heart was in the right place even if her fingers weren't. 
  • edited May 2012
    Clearly I have been away to long, again.

I have no idea what went on, but from the gist I have to say the arguing needs to stop now. Just stop talking about it already.

My only TK AYG, is the chick on the A&A board who expected Nordstrom to sell her a dress for 0.01, when it was clearly a mistake. But, I'm more mad that they went ahead and let her have it!  UGH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:83bffd95-4f63-4529-b10a-98665c1afcee">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok at risk of pissing a bunch of you off let me just say STFU Brandi and Chels. seriously shut up. We get it you disagree. We get you have the right to argue this point to death but you sound like assholes. This is not a theory you are arguing. This is our friend and she deserves more respect than this.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saying what I was thinking.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Playing devils advocate is the p*ssy version of disagreeing.
  • right. of course it's a public forum. But Blue hasn't commented since last week. She's not even here right now!

Anyway. I want new AYGs, because this is obviously piontless.

So since it's a public forum and people are all defensive about talking about things that posters have 'put out there.' I flame the hell out of Chels for taking a day off of work just hang out at home, when she lives in teh same town as her dying grandfather. GO VISIT HIM.
  • oohk, TK. Fuuuuck you. I give up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:09c2dd0e-d700-472c-a518-25f99e0d7fd2">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Holy balls, Chelsea.  That's eight kinds of fucked up.  Are you one of those people who can't be bothered, but when he dies you'll be in here crying and fishing for sympathy?
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>See! It has to be bad if Eagles and I are agreeing!</div><div>
    </div><div>Eagles- go read yesterday's thread? I can't remember if it was the GM or nighttime thread. Basically, she asked if she should take today off (prescheduled) or try and save the vacation day for next week since she knows she'll need it off for her grandpa's funeral.  Guess she took today off. </div>
  • Also, I can definitely get behind Nebb's Ciara flame. The whole thing is ridiculous. Especially since she put up another picture of E doing something potentially unsafe when that is what caused all the commotion in her most recent GBCK. 
    Photobucket
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:dd5e786b-843f-4522-8aa0-4f5b90509408">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : See! It has to be bad if Eagles and I are agreeing! Eagles- go read yesterday's thread? I can't remember if it was the GM or nighttime thread. Basically, she asked if she should take today off (prescheduled) or try and save the vacation day for next week since she knows she'll need it off for her grandpa's funeral.  <strong>Guess she took today off</strong>. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Well, maybe. Or she is "MISSCOURTNEY: The New Breed".
  • Chels, my grandmother died on Monday. I am in the midst of packing so we can go to her wake and funeral. We spent the last several weekends visiting her in NY so we could be there for her. It made her so happy to see her great-grandson, and it made me happy that I gave her a few minutes of happiness as she was dying. FFS, go see your grandfather. Once they are gone, they are gone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-32?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6f1135c-8516-4a51-a6fb-6c25d38dd4fbPost:9bfbc60a-bc80-428f-bf0c-d488a3684da5">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I can definitely get behind Nebb's Ciara flame. The whole thing is ridiculous. Especially since she put up another picture of E doing something potentially unsafe when that is what caused all the commotion in her most recent GBCK. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure lots of babies "blow out candles" on their first birthday and play with their cakes. 
    panther
  • Chels, I will agree about seeing your grandpa. My H's grandpa died last year and H didn't go up in time because they all said he was doing better, so he figured he could wait a week (when his trip was planned). A week was too late. So, you just never know.

I don't see the issue with Ciara's sig. He's playing with a cake, so what? The candle doesn't even look lit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards