Snarky Brides

63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

• LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I think my only Bridezilla moment was right after the ceremony.  
    Pertinent facts: H and I didn't hire a videographer.  
    At the rehearsal we'd told all the family we were doing family pictures right after the ceremony and NOT to go up to cocktail hour with the rest of the guests.  
    Before the ceremony I'd seen this woman I didn't know and my SIL said she was a friend of MIL's but I didn't know what she was doing there.  At the time I freaked out in my head a little that MIL had invited a bunch of people to the ceremony and told them not to stay after and not told us about it.  When I walked down the aisle this lady was there with a camera recording the ceremony.  I was a little like WHA??? Oooh.. H looks hot in a tux and I'm getting married... Fast forward to after the ceremony and half of H's family that is supposed to be in the family pictures disappears into cocktail hour madness so we had to send someone up to go fetch them back down to where we were doing pictures and this random lady is STANDING BEHIND THE PHOTOGRAPHER THAT WE HIRED AND PAID TYVM TAKING PICTURES WITH HER POINT AND SHOOT OF THE FAMILY PHOTOS.  I about lost it.  I'm standing there with H going "who is she, what is she doing here, I don't know who she is, but she needs to leave and she needs to leave now".  I apparently wasn't being very quiet about it either.  We finally finished the family pictures and when we returned from doing WP shots elsewhere on the grounds she was gone, but I was pissed .  I felt like I looked like an idiot since I'd told no fewer than 6 people that there wasn't a videographer.  The next day MIL hosted a dinner at her house for OOT guests and she had pictures from this lady - she'd only printed pictures (or taken - not sure) of H's family... and MIL with her relatives at the cocktail hour.  Nothing of my family.  That just set us off again.  At some point SIL tipped MIL off that we were upset about the whole situation and we've still never seen the video.

ETA - Found out the next day that MIL had hired her as a surprise to us, but she never told us about it.  We don't talk about it anymore.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:0bd035ff-f91b-4c86-9c89-24fd0fb683a7">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Oh, I agree with you here so much. You're getting close now!
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I knooow!! I'm excited for it to be over with already. 2 years is a long time lol
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:ec7c8f9f-2994-465a-9749-373b54ceb506">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : 2 years IS a long time. I can't believe I've almost been married for 2 years, it's flown. Are you done school now? I was sooo ready for our wedding to just be here by about this time in the year. Do you have much left to do?

Mostly just pay things off and get the bridal party gifts. We're done our undergrad now (we officially graduate in June!) but I'm doing teacher's college in September.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:31bfb4c0-c5cf-437b-a5b7-55bcbcbe20d2">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Awesome! That's great for both of you.

Thanks! :)
  • The back of my dress was a corset and it had really long strings that tucked in so you couldn't see them. I hated the strings and didn't really love the corset but since I loved the dress and it didn't come as a zip up back, I got it. H's grandma came up to me at the reception while my BM was trying to fix my bustle (which broke so she was using safety pins). His grandma, who I can't stand anyway, told me she could fix it. Without pause, she grabbed the part where the string tucked in and untucked both of the long ass strings. We couldn't get them back in because the introductions were starting and so all of my first dance, dad dance pictures have those long strings out. I still think his grandma sucks. And trying to get my inlaws guests list down to a certain number was like pulling teeth. My FiL was being an asshole about it and it really colored my view of him.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loopy - I would have been so creeped out about a random woman taking video of my wedding. It's weird that your MIL didn't tell you about it until afterwards, considering you were getting upset about it at the wedding... probably would have been a good time to clue you in. I'd probably be irritated that you still haven't seen the video... if some random person was hired without my knowledge to tape my wedding, I'd at least want to actually receive the damn video.
  • I didn't even know a bustle could break... I actually don't even know exactly what a bustle is yet, except that it's some sort of alteration you get to hold up the train of your dress. I have a super long, train and it's got a lot of lace, so it would probably be easily ripped if it was stepped on. I'll definitely have to make sure to bring safety pins in case of an emergency with the bustle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:9085e0f6-d5de-4d1b-b423-868a18008a3a">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : <strong>Wow Grandma, way to overstep your boundaries</strong>. My dress had really long corset strings too, but I cut them off. When tied, they kept tickling the back of my kneecaps (during fittings. The seamstress said I shouldn't cut them, because then I couldn't sell my dress later. I wasn't planning to, so I cut them shorter.   My FIL also had a few special moments with wedding planning, that I definitely still think about some times.

I feel like this is a fairly common occurence, not just in weddings, but in general. Old ladies don't really understand (or more likely, just don't care) when something isn't their place to say or do. I know my Nana sure doesn't.
  • Yeah mrs. Jesse at the rehearsal dinner she also kept going on and on saying if it weren't for her, none of this would have been possible. (her giving birth to FiL, in turn H bring born.) she also gifted us the use of her condo in Mexico for our honeymoon. It had too many stipulations we couldn't use it so she tried to push Disney world on us. Have I mentioned I love not loving in the same state as her anymore? :-) Oh and during the rehearsal, she told my H that he has gotten fat. My husband is definitely not fat. She is an assole.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:dcb3b1a7-59a2-4061-bb04-e4882d062469">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even know a bustle could break... I actually don't even know exactly what a bustle is yet, except that it's some sort of alteration you get to hold up the train of your dress. I have a super long, train and it's got a lot of lace, so it would probably be easily ripped if it was stepped on. I'll definitely have to make sure to bring safety pins in case of an emergency with the bustle.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

My dress was really heavy so even though the bustle was the french style and reinforced, it still snapped off.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Angel- my seamstress definitely didn't put enough buttons on my bustle. She only put on one. It broke 5 minutes after doing it. Just make sure to get yours reinforced.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Quick thread jack- blue are you feeling better today?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:8f8726fa-39e4-4ab1-acef-582742364511">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel- my seamstress definitely didn't put enough buttons on my bustle. She only put on one. It broke 5 minutes after doing it. Just make sure to get yours reinforced.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Also- the lady in charge at my venue was like a bustle pro.  My sister was having a hard time with the bustle because my niece had fell and hit her head and was crying right before the entrance, so we were scrambling to get it done, and she came right over and did it perfectly.  So if all else fails, grab the venue lady, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:bd5202aa-f798-4e6a-a17b-289ff2ba735e">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Also- the lady in charge at my venue was like a bustle pro.  My sister was having a hard time with the bustle because my niece had fell and hit her head and was crying right before the entrance, so we were scrambling to get it done, and she came right over and did it perfectly.  So if all else fails, grab the venue lady, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Yeah! This. Although I grabbed her when mine broke. She pulled 5 safety pins out of her magic room. Haha
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:7923a9cc-7065-487a-8218-701574e4677c">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick thread jack- blue are you feeling better today?

Not really, but I feel like a Debbie Downer talking about it, lol.  I still feel like shiit.  I dont know wtf is wrong with me.  I think its the medication leaving my system?  Or the progesterone.  Im on a stronger dose and that comes with more side effects.  Im a damn mess, but it should all even out in a few days or so.  Hopefully, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Luckily the dress I chose is the lighter of the two I was torn between, so hopefully it won't be too heavy for the bustle. I'll make sure it's reinforced though.
  • I didn't know about the bustle breaking thing either. That's good to know.

This wasn't really a bridezilla moment more a of "wtf moment" but I had a great aunt message my mom on FB instead of me which read "when/where is that kid of yours getting married *gives her address* I'm still waiting for MY invitation to come in the mail". This woman hasn't spoken to me in like 10 years. My mom told her that she didn't know who was on the guestlist and she would have to message me about it. She never did and she wasn't on the guestlist anyway. That was back in Feb or early March I think.
  • Oh man, I'm sorry. It sucks so bad to feel like crap for that long. Hopefully you're right and in a few days, you'll feel back to normal. Are you taking off work for a little more time?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:dd61a7d7-6ad8-405a-b9ce-7b4f4c95b223">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Not really, but I feel like a Debbie Downer talking about it, lol.  I still feel like shiit.  I dont know wtf is wrong with me.  I think its the medication leaving my system?  Or the progesterone.  Im on a stronger dose and that comes with more side effects.  Im a damn mess, but it should all even out in a few days or so.  Hopefully, lol.

The lady I nanny for went through IVF for both kids and this past time (and probably the first time too, but I didn't know her yet) she felt like shiit for awhile from all the hormones as well. I think for her, it subsided within a week or so of the transfer, so hopefully you'll feel better soon. I'm not sure when you find out whether it was successful, but I hope you get good news.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:23eefe15-f7c6-4898-ab6d-f93c9f0623b0">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Luckily the dress I chose is the lighter of the two I was torn between, so hopefully it won't be too heavy for the bustle. I'll make sure it's reinforced though.

I was curious so I just weighed my dress (its boxed up).  It weighs almost 30 pounds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:6f27a7b1-7631-441b-8e93-520814d3e415">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, I'm sorry. It sucks so bad to feel like crap for that long. Hopefully you're right and in a few days, you'll feel back to normal. Are you taking off work for a little more time?

I am.  Im not working till next Saturday. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:535d508f-f77f-4f48-a213-57a149c4d2f6">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I was curious so I just weighed my dress (its boxed up).  It weighs almost 30 pounds.

Holy shiit. You worked out all day on your wedding day just by having it on!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to Re:63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?:[QUOTE]Yeah mrs. Jesse at the rehearsal dinner she also kept going on and on saying if it weren't for her, none of this would have been possible. her giving birth to FiL, in turn H bring born. she also gifted us the use of her condo in Mexico for our honeymoon. It had too many stipulations we couldn't use it so she tried to push Disney world on us. Have I mentioned I love not loving in the same state as her anymore? :

Oh and during the rehearsal, she told my H that he has gotten fat. My husband is definitely not fat. She is an assole. Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Ugh. My grandpa was a jerk too. Not quite as bad as that, but he started hitting both of my brothers with his cane during the reception. Why? Because they had the nerve to sit with our dad at the RD. Who grandpa hates. I didn't find out about this until later and I'm still kinda pissed about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:9f10b0ad-2f13-4a29-bab5-4e30eb7cae53">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I am.  Im not working till next Saturday. 

Good, I'm glad you can rest a little longer. Going to work feeling like crap is the pits.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:5a5a2a05-9daf-47b5-8079-7e1665e155bd">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : The lady I nanny for went through IVF for both kids and this past time (and probably the first time too, but I didn't know her yet) she felt like shiit for awhile from all the hormones as well. I think for her, it subsided within a week or so of the transfer, so hopefully you'll feel better soon. I'm not sure when you find out whether it was successful, but I hope you get good news.

I took almost the same meds for my IUI's and didnt feel like this.  But the few meds that were added because of the IVF were pretty strong so I dont doubt that its the meds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:43852dec-f9c3-4430-9d74-49ce6b884dc5">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : No kidding. My H's grandma was like her too... at 86 she's finally somewhat come around, but she was the definition of rude old biitch for a really long time. She wouldn't even acknowledge my existence (even in the same room) for over a year when we started dating. And your H certainly doesn't look fat in your sig. (Not that it would be OK for her to say that if he was)

Yeah, I don't get it. She was nice to me but then pulls that stuff. I actually think she is really really fake. Like she says rude comments with a sugary smile and thinks she can get away with it because she's the grandma.

H definitely isn't fat. He has better legs and arms that I do. I felt so bad for him because we got drunk at the wedding and when we went back to our room he kept goi on and on about how mad he was she said that. He is normally really laid back so it must have fucked with his mind.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:1c195e5e-bdf3-465a-9957-8edd45ae946d">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Don't feel like a downer Blue. Hopefully in a couple more days your levels will balance out.

Honeslty I just had no idea there was such a physical difference between and IUI and IVF.  The whole cycle has just been, I dont know, terrible I guess.  Im just sick of feeling like shiit.  Ive really tried to be positive about the whole thing and Im just about at my emotional and physical limit.  Luckily Ill know the results on Friday so the end is in sight, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Blue- your attitude amazes me. Seriously.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:674b8a3b-4457-4a60-af43-72770475d61a">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue- your attitude amazes me. Seriously.

Hey, if you cant laugh, you cry right? lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:cf8c0fb5-6423-4618-a5d0-e3a4c6a6154c">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Hey, if you cant laugh, you cry right? lol.

I sound super mushy but I think you are one hell of a person.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards