Snarky Brides

Meal plans please.

Put 'em here.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Meal plans please.

• Hey J.  Thanks for the reminder that I still need to go shopping for what we need this week.

Tonight- Chicken breasts with roast garlic and cauliflower

Monday- Jambalaya with riced cauliflower for me, rice for James

Tuesday- TACO TUESDAY! Beef tacos with cheese, avocado and salsa

Wednesday-Pork tenderloin marinated in a lemon vinaigrette in the crockpot with green beans

Thursday- Sausage and peppers on a hoagie for James, sans hoagie for me

Friday- Grilled sirloin with sauteed mushrooms and onions, baked sweet potatoes

Saturday- Go out

• Tonight- Out with parents
    Mon- Tequilla lime chicken
    Tues-Crockpot french dip
    Wed-Parmesan chicken bake
    Thurs-Breakfast something
    Fri-Out
    Sat-Crockpot lasagna
  • BARRELBABE!  I was thinking about you yesterday--I'm about to page you ;)

• Tequila lime chicken recipe please.

• Pot roast with potatoes and carrots
    Taco Pie
    Marinated flank steak and fingerling potatoes
    Honey Mustard chicken and WW cheesy potato casserole
    Tuna and cheese casserole
    Enchiladas
  • edited February 2012
    I don't know what order these will occur in but we have:

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
    Chicken Tortilla Soup
    Thai Red Curry Chicken (it's in the slow cooker now)

and whatever else I pull out of my *ss this week.  I have given up planning for each day because inevitably it changes. This is what is fresh in the fridge and will need to be eaten this week. I have other stuff in the freezer ready to go if need be too (some stuffed chicken breasts, some korean chicken breasts).

Also, I will fully admit that I am no longer eating clean for the most part. The sauce for the Thai Red Curry is from a jar and the stuffed chicken breasts and korean chicken breasts are boxed (they are part of the healthy 'blue' line from one of our Canadian grocery chains so they are healthy options but still processed).  I am just not home enough to make everything from scratch right now. I am okay with it though. 
  • We're doing a South Beach Diet-esque eating plan this week.  So not as set in stone as usual.

Breakfast:  http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html
    They can be frozen and reheated as needed.  I'm using ham, onions, and bell peppers in them.  They also stay good in the fridge for up to a week.

Meal 1: White wine and herb marinated chicken breasts. Steamed broccoli. Salad.

Meal 2: Seared pork chops, green beans, mashed cauliflower with gravy

Meal 3: Buffalo sirloins, sauteed mushrooms in white wine and herbs, steamed broccoli, green beans

Meal 4: Almond crusted chicken strips, salad, asparagus

Meal 5: Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy, broccoli, green beans

Meal 6: Brinner - Scrambled eggs with peppers, Canadian bacon

Meal 7: Grilled chicken breasts, roasted broccoli-peppers-cauliflower
  • I don't really have a recipe for the tequilla lime chicken.

I just grill the chicken- usually put some sort of seasoning on it--we have the tequilla lime Mrs. Dash so I use a little bit of that.

Then mix a few tbsps of ranch dressing, some lime juice and some salsa in a bowl.  Put it on top of the cooked chicken and then top with some shredded cheese.  Let it melt. 
    It's super yummy and much healthier than Applebee's verision.

• Sounds delicious as usual, Miss Anna!

Number, I love using quinoa in stuffed peppers.

Kate, are you making the WW crispy HM chicken?  So good. 

• Anna- I would much rather be eating at your house this week.... Everything sounds amazing!
  • oooo I hadn't actually picked out a recipe for the chicken yet- but that one looks awesome! I will try it out
  • So far I have:

WW crispy HM chicken with homemade HM, salad, and baked potatoes
    GF Chicken Parm with quinoa of some sort (anyone have a good quinoa recipe that would go with chicken parm?  I'm thinking something garlicky?) and steamed veggies

Southwestern quinoa salad for my lunches

I need a few more, but I need some quick and easy or crock pot things.  I've got a few late nights this week.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:06d3287e-7b22-43ce-80ac-9af8a13cebba">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- I would much rather be eating at your house this week.... Everything sounds amazing!
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

Thanks! 

I'm trying extra hard this week.  It's week 1 of my H joining me in "dieting".  I don't want his to get all bored of the food and discouraged.  He'd prefer steak and mashed potatoes with corn every night but we're watching our sugars and eliminating the starches that we tend to overeat.  Just for a few weeks though as a detox.
  • chirpchirpchirpchirp member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    J, I like to do a loaded baked potato soup in the crockpot.  This recipe is gluten free too.

• NOTHING! I'm going to starve, my husband is gone all week!

COME FEED ME!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mmmm, that looks delicious, Chirp!  Thank you.  H will need something else to eat with it, but he can always have a leftover chicken breast or make himself a sandwich with it.  I think I'll try that.  I love potato soup.

By the way, I don't think I've told you, but I'm happy to see you back around here.

• Oh KD, you poor thing.  Come stay with us for the week! 

OH AND?!  If I make that soup, I'll get to use the immersion blender attachment on our Kitchenaid hand mixer for the first time.  I just got irrationally excited about that.

• We're eating: (Or have eaten since I meal plan & shop on Thursday we're half-way through our eating week)

Asian glazed drumsticks from Skinnytaste, broccoli and mushrooms
    Broiled salmon, garlic-y rice, salad
    Easiest pasta and broccoli from Skinnytaste
    Salsa verde chicken enchiladas, from Inspired Taste, Spanish rice
    Chicken and broccoli sauce from What Megan's Making, and maybe salad
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:183db622-ce34-4efa-b042-88e65ce07368">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh KD, you poor thing.  Come stay with us for the week!  OH AND?!  If I make that soup, I'll get to use the immersion blender attachment on our Kitchenaid hand mixer for the first time.  I just got irrationally excited about that.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Isn't it fascinating how a KitchenAid attachment excites us?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:d99aa644-a223-4bed-a667-273da451aa84">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]oooo I hadn't actually picked out a recipe for the chicken yet- but that one looks awesome! I will try it out
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Make sure you actually use Corn Flakes though.  Breadcrumbs get soggy and gross. 

• Ha!  Blend away, then! And thanks, J.  I'm glad to be back around too.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:57c45e05-c92b-4def-b01d-4d76d3ed544d">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meal plans please. : Isn't it fascinating how a KitchenAid attachment excites us?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

It totally is.  I'm so glad we went with the hand mixer and not the big one.  Everyone was all GET THE BIG ONE! And I knew I wouldn't use it.  But my god, their hand mixer is just as fantastic and I use it so much more.  I'm so glad I didn't cave to the pressure.

• Tonight - New York Strips, roasted asparagus, plus some other veggie
    Monday - Sloppy Joes
    Tuesday - Italian cheese and herb Chicken/pasta
    Wednesday - Burgers!!  I am such a burger girl
    Thursday - Baked chicken, ranch potatoes, fresh fruit
    Friday - Waffle Night!  Got my new KItchenaid waffle iron and we love it.  Had waffles 3 times in the last 10 days.
    Saturday - Slow Cooker something

Still working on sides
  • M - beef and gravy over rice (FIs fav) T - lasagna and garlic bread W - beef tacos Th - parmesan crusted chicken with garlic mashed potatoes F - grilled chicken Cesar salad Well that is the plan at least. Most of the time he's working late so we get take out, usually Chipotle once a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:d99aa644-a223-4bed-a667-273da451aa84">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]oooo I hadn't actually picked out a recipe for the chicken yet- but that one looks awesome! I will try it out
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Kate I love your pic! You look so pretty and happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love reading these posts!  

We're still on the freezer/easy meal plans until I get more settled in my mommy routine. 

Sunday - Chicken Noodle Soup
    Monday - BLTs
    Tuesday - Breakfast for dinner
    Wednesday - Spag and Meatballs and salad
    Thursday - Trader Joe's Pot Pie
    Friday - In Laws visiting...  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're kind of playing it by ear this week so we can use up some food in the house, but so far:

*frozen pizza tonight (with a huge salad)
    *taco salad
    *oven-cooked turkey kielbasa with potatoes and peppers and onions (nom.)
    *chicken ceasar salad

and now I'm going to make that Skinnytaste Asian glazed chicken thing. We've had it before and it's delicious.
  • Oh Steph, is the sausage, potatoes, and peppers thing the Skinny Taste one?  Thanks for reminding me of that.  H really liked that.  I should make it again, it was so easy.

• I've been slacking a bit on planning, but the general idea is:

Tonight: chicken breasts coated with mashed up Ritz crackers and cheddar cheese, roasted green beans
    Tomorrow: ...no idea. I won't be home until 9. Popcorn?
    Tuesday: baked salmon with honey, rice, zucchini and carrots
    Wednesday: chicken, somehow cooked with white wine, zucchini and carrots probably
    Thursday: Either frozen ravioli or spaghetti and meatballs if I'm feeling motivated enough to make meat balls.
    Friday: bacon wrapped filets, tbd veggies--maybe green beans
    Saturday: probably out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:c715349d-cdbf-40f4-b100-1256ea8ba392">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Steph, is the sausage, potatoes, and peppers thing the Skinny Taste one?  Thanks for reminding me of that.  H really liked that.  I should make it again, it was so easy.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup! We probably make it once every other week. It's so easy and delicious. I add a little shredded parm on top when it's all done too.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards